View Results

Evinyatar

Interstellar Prophet

8,390 Points
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:37 am
I was wondering if you all get the Asian flush/blush/glow every time you take a drink.

How do you deal with it?

(For those who don't know, someone gets "Asian Flush" when his or her face turns red after one or two drinks.)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:21 am
It's not Asian. I think it happens to everyone, if it doesn't, they just don't have enough alcohol in them to make them blush. It maybe percieved as something Asian because we're usually of a smaller size that we need smaller amounts of alcohol to attain said blush.

Why deal with it? It's normal. If they never blush with any amount of drinks, something maybe wrong with them.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Evinyatar

Interstellar Prophet

8,390 Points
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:42 pm
From what I'd heard, some (about half) of all Asians and Asian Americans have a genetic sensitivity to alcohol. Due to genetics, some Asians' bodies cannot process alcohol completely.

I'm Asian American, a bit older, and definitely not tiny. And I blush with little amounts of alcohol. Maybe if I were 15 years old and 85 pounds, it may be due to my inexperience and body weight, but I don't think it's my age and weight in this case.

From what I understand it's not something discussed in my Asian American community, so I won't be surprised if this is news to some people. It was new news to me earlier this semester.

It does pose a problem in some places in which people are expected to go drinking with their coworkers after work.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:08 pm
Interesting. I learn something new everyday... lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction

It has links in there for help? But since it's in the genes, there are no treatment. Non-asians do still have it, but very lil' of em. I'm sorreh for the 50% of you. Haha.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

Kind of true. I once drank only half of a bottle of Popper and my head already felt heavy.

I kind of noticed it by obverving my family and relatives during parties. Two bottles and dang, they are talking about nothing and everything. rofl

I thought flush reaction was only genetic.

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:22 am
Google it.  

-Dotted-Delete

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas