Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Psycho's Necron Horde (Image Heavy) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:12 pm
So I've been working on my army and in light of Apocalypse's release (and because I never have before) I'd like to show you guys what I have so far and how they're painted. I apologize for the crappy quality. I used my cell phone camera. Almost all of the models are done with a black prime and a Boltgun Metal drybrush. I add snot green to the eyes and in between the rib cages, and also on the Gauss Flayer vents and Burnished Gold on the emblems, and highlight it in Chainmail. Adding Blood Red to some of the Flayer blades before gloss varnishing everything.

-3 Wraiths
User Image
Wraiths are probably some of my more Chainmail-heavy models, giving the claws a liberal coating to look nice and shiny, and then carefully adding Blood Red to the claws to give them a used look.

-7 Destroyers(1 not shown)
User Image
With the destroyers I gave them the standard paint coating. I wanted all my models to look very close to how they looked in the codex but also doing some detail work that made them distinguishable as my own. I added Skull White to the masks, then green to alll of the eyes. I also added snot green to all of the side vents to make it look like the power source was shining through to propel them.

-3 Heavy Destroyers
User Image

-6 Flayed Ones
User Image
Really almost the same as the book, I drybrushed everything Boltgun Metal, then base coating the skin in Dwarf flesh before lightly highlighting in Elf Flesh. After that I added blood red to the edges of skin and the claws. The really tricky part is to pick out what's skin and what isn't.

-My HQs all together
User Image
I couldn't get a good picture of my Destroyer lord, but it's a graduating layer of red along the edges and I added some transfers to the side. The res orb is Snot Green with a Skull White swirl. I did the shoulders similar to a Space marines but a little different, a mix of Blood Red and Skull White, with a Chaos Black outer stripe and a very fine line of Burnished Gold along the end.

-Nightbringer
User Image
Nightbringer was fun. I gave it a base drybrush of Boltgun Metal for the cloak, then added Red Gore and Blood Red to the edges which actually gave it a nice weathered look, like it once looked better but got messed up or had just walked through the battlefield. I did The skin in Shadow Gray, adding a very VERY light drybrush of Chainmail to make his skin look metallic and shiny. Also, I painted his face Skull White like an Immortal and did the eyes Snot Green, but you really have to look at the model to see that part.

-Necron Lord
User Image
This is kind of an Old Picture, the "Pimp Cane Of Light" Has since been converted into a warscythe, but the paint job is the same. Basic Boltgun drybrush, and I added Liche Purple to the cloak and put a few layers of Burnished Gold on top to make it look very lavish and pimp-like. I tried modelling him a pimp hat out of Greenstuff but I suck with that so now he's got some green residue on his head too. sweatdrop

-Immortals
User Image
I got mad doing these things. I wanted white faces, so I decided to try what my friends told me to do, which was basecoat Codex Gray, Then Fortress Gray, then Skull White. It worked, but the paint got layered on way too thick and now you can't see the vertical lines on the mouths and they look like the faces of lipless old men. Don't give in to peer pressure, kids.

-Chrome Warriors
User Image
These serve no real purpose, and my other warrior models look nothing like this. I won these as a part of White Dwarf's 30'th Anniversay and thought you might wanna see them. The one in the back does in fact have a Space Marine beak helmet on instead of his head. It fell off during assembly and my smartass friend glued it on there. He has since been named "Mr. Beaky," it is painted on his base, he survives nearly every game I play, he is my lucky model and I love him more than my family.

-Monolith
User Image
User Image
The Monolith is my baby. chaos Black base, I drybrushed around the edges and crevices with Dark Angels Green, doing the very edges with Snot Green. I put some Chainmail on the little side thingies that I don't know the name of, drybrushed the Flux Arc Projectors and back engine-ey -lookin thing Boltgun Metal and did the front door in Burnished Gold. I slapped Transfers on the back arch and along the sides before varnishing it. I don't love it for it's complexity, but for the sheer amount of effort that went onto painting, detailing, and varnishing this enormous beast of a model.

-My Army
User Image
I didn't show the Warriors or Scarabs because there were just too many. All together, about 50 warriors and 14 Scarab Swarms. A total model number of a little over 70, and topping out at over 3,100 points if I load them down with wargear, so I already got myself the makins of an Apocalypse army I think.

NOT PICTURED YET

-2 Tomb Spyders
-Monolith Phalanx

Well, that's my army, tell me what you think.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:37 pm
apocalypse armies have to be over 3000 points. So you already have it.  

Temporarily Sane

Valandil517

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:07 am
That is one nice army. Though in Texas the people said your army could be around 1000-2000 points so that they can arrange a lot of players at one time.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:27 pm
Valandil517
That is one nice army. Though in Texas the people said your army could be around 1000-2000 points so that they can arrange a lot of players at one time.
Last I saw the rules, 3000.  

Temporarily Sane

King Kento

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:37 am
Well its about time youve shown them after going on about necrons since joining this guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:54 pm
Well it took a while before I had something I felt worth showing. I just wish I had a better camera than the one on my cell phone. Also, I doubt this would play very well on an apocalypse scale. Maybe after I get a Phalanx but that'll be a while. I also want to save up and get a pylon or two. twisted  

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

Temporarily Sane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 pm
[.Psycho.Doughboy.]
Well it took a while before I had something I felt worth showing. I just wish I had a better camera than the one on my cell phone. Also, I doubt this would play very well on an apocalypse scale. Maybe after I get a Phalanx but that'll be a while. I also want to save up and get a pylon or two. twisted
its 3000 for each person you will probably play with two other people as allies.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:57 pm
Regardless, my goal for this army is to muster the strength of an entire tomb world! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAYou all shall perish!  

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

Valtiel the Watcher

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:51 pm
I've got a pretty good necron army..... It's up to 5000 points right now, but My friend is building a fortress of arrogance...us along with 2 other bane blades, Even 5000 point's of necrons can't beat that....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:08 pm
Sure you can! Just flood him with a bazzilliondy warriors and shoot him with everything you got. Even stregth D weapons can fall if shot at enough! BWAHAHAHAHA  

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:43 pm
UPDATE: I got my first Apocalypse model: A Necron Lord w/ res orb. I'll post picks once the prime dries.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 pm
Alright, instead of starting a new one I found my old dead thread and thought I'd just update it. I got me a phalanx, and am in the process of building it. pictures to come, along with pictures of my tomb spyders when I finish them. I haven't been able to get prime in forever. But now I got some so it's go time!  

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:07 am
God I am lazy. Anyhow, first monolith is almost done.
User Image

And during the 5th ed release party, I completely redid nightbringer.
User Image
User Image
He's almost done. I'm going to touch him up, do the scythe blade, put some more red on the cloak, and then gloss him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:58 pm
'Mr.Beaky' is my new hero

I love the color scheme on the Necron lord with the pimp cane there and the Nightbringer looks really good as welll

Got no real constructive crit just keep up the good work.  

Vid13

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:19 pm
I have a third lord. An apocalypse lord with res orb. I'll post a pic in a day or two.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff