Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
proportion and stuff

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsyki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:52 pm
Hello hello ^__^ Im new here
I need some help with some different pictures if you could please :}

first off before I finish this Id like to know if there is anything I need to change... also dont mind the color dots those are for me to refer to later also the picture came out kinda gritty here because I had to screen shot it
User Image

second: anything that could be fixed? also I need colors for him... Im looking for unique color combos if you have any ideas X3
User Image

also I suck at proportion so this guy needs help too X3
User Image

Btw: I heart redlines whee  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:30 pm
*pets the batdog* I was say to make his fingers more substantial. Even though they are supposed to be bony, the bone would have a certain thickness, then over that is ligament and skin. I think these look really good though. I really like bat dog. I would keep one as a pet. xd

Actually, now that I look, his wrists (in the first one) looks smaller than the carpals there would allow. I would try and make all his a bit thicker (just a tiny bit) in places where they get extremely thin. At the same time, I like the anglar style. I would say do it just enough so his arms look like they can hold up the head and torso without breaking.

Great work though. (You could teach me how to paint. xD)  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Tsyki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:14 pm
Errol McGillivray
*pets the batdog* I was say to make his fingers more substantial. Even though they are supposed to be bony, the bone would have a certain thickness, then over that is ligament and skin. I think these look really good though. I really like bat dog. I would keep one as a pet. xd

Actually, now that I look, his wrists (in the first one) looks smaller than the carpals there would allow. I would try and make all his a bit thicker (just a tiny bit) in places where they get extremely thin. At the same time, I like the anglar style. I would say do it just enough so his arms look like they can hold up the head and torso without breaking.

Great work though. (You could teach me how to paint. xD)
X3 thank you I found this most helpful 3nodding haha I could do a painting tutorial if youd like whee  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:40 pm
It would be great if you'd make one. Just link to it in the tutorial sticky and we'll put it up so everyone can see.

Please continue to use this thread to post your work. We look forward to seeing more.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces