HO MY GAWD YES!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:47 am
---_---_---_---_

Up until now, since about 5 years ago, Star Trek has only been available to me via DVD or staying up until 4am on a Friday night, which is ok, but I'd rather not.
Now, there is VIRGIN 1, 6pm onwards, on Freeview (my TV provider)

And it has ST
I watched an ep of DS9 last night. Still don't like Sisko, and the commercial breaks were infuriating (I used to watch ST on BBC2, which has no breaks), but it was real, 8pm STAR TREK!

Oh, I'm overjoyed

Anyone else been through ST withdrawal?
The feeling of getting it back?! <3333333

_---_---_---_---

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:19 pm
Do you have Spike? It shows every series besides TOS and Enterprise. TOS is on TV land, and Enterpris is on SCI-FI. I don't know the times, but it's not very late (I use Tivo)  

Shopping_Spree_101

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Shopping_Spree_101
Do you have Spike? It shows every series besides TOS and Enterprise. TOS is on TV land, and Enterpris is on SCI-FI. I don't know the times, but it's not very late (I use Tivo)
---_---_---_---_

Nope, I live in the UK and survive on a very simple TV provider (you buy the box and then you get about 100 channels free for life)

_---_---_---_---

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:12 pm
ST withdrawl is like torture!
A few years ago I just had an arial in my backyard (it looked like a flying saucer weirdly enough) so we could only get like 4 stations, Star Trek was on one of those stations then the stupid channel too it off the air!!! I was Star-Trekless for like a year! Then we got satellite heart I can now watch it on CityCalgary weeknights at 7. I really want to get Spike or Space because it's on a lot more on those channels, but hey, you work with what you have right?  

XxXEvilgeniusXxX

Tevakh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:38 pm
ST withdrawal is terrible! When I started going to a magnet school in 6th grade, I realized I was getting home too late to watch Star Trek. I managed to somehow survive < rolleyes okay, a wee bit overdramatized> until I found tapes at the public library, and now I can watch ST on my time.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:01 am
the worst thing ever was when i moved out to Milwaukie Oregon and realized that i know longer got reception on the station that DS9 was airing on. i missed the final two seasons when they came on and im still trying to catch up on reruns but i know i haven't seen them all. xp  

meatsack

-RainbowFlavoredBubbbles-

2,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:38 pm
I miss watching Voyager.

I like the earlier eps. The ones w/o 7 of Nine..  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:27 am
The Crazy One ALWAYS
I miss watching Voyager.

I know!
I havn't watched an ep of Voyager for years!
They just don't show it!
I now have TNG seasons 1-4 on DVD, and once I finish TNG I'm going to go onto DS9 (although I've now seen all of season 1, so that'll save me some money)
I'll buy the VOY dvds after that. They only came out on slimline relatively recently, so I'll have to wait until they go down in price.

:'D

-[.Moo.]-

XxXEvilgeniusXxX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:36 pm
AHHH ok I posted like last year, but OMG CITY CALGARY CANCELED IT!!!!
ook not completely but they air it at 5am!!!!!! I can't get up at 5 and make it thru the school day!

im dieing rite now...
i was so p'd off when I found out they canceled it! I was fuimg for like, well 5 days now........

my friend gets it on spike and space!!!!! so she can literally watch 6 hours of continuous ST!!! So I'm planning on camping out at her house to get my fix razz

until then, the internet is all I got..... and crummy little clips on youtube.

XxXDIEINGxXx  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:35 pm
Right now I am going through ST withdrawl.
I don't have extended cable so I get just a few chanels.
They show TOS at 10:00pm on Sundays but that is it.
I have only seen a couple Voyager and Enterprise just because I don't get the chanels that they are on. crying  

Codiah

Admiral Dax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:48 pm
Shopping_Spree_101

they dont show TNG anymore kiddo.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:42 pm
Codiah
Right now I am going through ST withdrawl.
I don't have extended cable so I get just a few chanels.
They show TOS at 10:00pm on Sundays but that is it.
I have only seen a couple Voyager and Enterprise just because I don't get the chanels that they are on. crying

well in the us if you get SPIKE TV then you will have ST: VOY at 4PM->6PM and DS9 at like 1AM, and you have TOS on TV LAND at like 6AM and 7AM, i mean all that is missing is ST: TNG or a totall Star Trek Channel and we would be in business.  

Admiral Dax

Colonel_Une

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:05 am
-[.Moo.]-
The Crazy One ALWAYS
I miss watching Voyager.

I know!
I havn't watched an ep of Voyager for years!
They just don't show it!
I now have TNG seasons 1-4 on DVD, and once I finish TNG I'm going to go onto DS9 (although I've now seen all of season 1, so that'll save me some money)
I'll buy the VOY dvds after that. They only came out on slimline relatively recently, so I'll have to wait until they go down in price.

:'D
I watch VOY streaming online. Wrong, I know... But the last time it aired in this country was back when I was 10 on the Hallmark Channel, strangely enough...

Streaming is damn tough though. I watch on Tudou, which is the Chinese equivalent of YouTube, and finding the episodes on there is a b***h since everything is in Chinese characters and I don't know any Chinese. I'm just fortunate I found the episodes on an English site that streamed via Tudou although they didn't have all the seasons so I had to find and access the account that was streaming the episodes to get at the rest of the episodes. It's complicated. @_@ Other than the hell I went through to watch, it's perfect. I'm lucky the episodes aren't dubbed in Chinese although they are subbed but it's not too distracting and it beats downloading. My laptop's memory would die. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:25 am
or you can just torrent download all of the seasons of all of the shows

mrgreen  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash