Reply Teams
Help with team...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MitsuUniverse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:07 pm
I seriously need help with my team. I have been totally clueless about natures, and went for all out power.

I'm smarter now.

I'm trying to make my team specialize in their natures, but having an Umbreon with a Naive nature doesn't help me much. ¬¬

Here's my team, really, REALLY needs help:

Umbreon
Naive Nature
Dark Pulse
Moonlight
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Sceptile
Modest Nature
Leaf Storm
Dynamic Punch
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Typhlosion
Modest Nature
Mega Kick
Eruption
Fire Punch
-
(Needs a lot of help)

Flygon
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fly
Dragon Claw

Lapras
Hasty Nature
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Avalanche
Surf

Ampharos
Gentle Nature
Thunder
Cotton Spore
Thunderpunch
Power Gem

Well, other than being weak, at least they're diverse neutral

So please help?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:10 am
Nickomatic
I seriously need help with my team. I have been totally clueless about natures, and went for all out power.

I'm smarter now.

I'm trying to make my team specialize in their natures, but having an Umbreon with a Naive nature doesn't help me much. ¬¬

Umbreon
Naive Nature
Dark Pulse
Moonlight
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Sceptile
Modest Nature
Leaf Storm
Dynamic Punch
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Typhlosion
Modest Nature
Mega Kick
Eruption
Fire Punch
-
(Needs a lot of help)

Flygon
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fly
Dragon Claw

Lapras
Hasty Nature
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Avalanche
Surf

Ampharos
Gentle Nature
Thunder
Cotton Spore
Thunderpunch
Power Gem

So please help?

Umbreon: Naive is not a bad nature for an umbreon, it neither reduces attack or special atk. And it boosts speed which is a plus. As for moves, I suggest maxing it's atk and spd. You need to hit fast and hard. As for moves, I would go with: Faint Attack, Pursuit, Moonlight, and either Confuse Ray, or Toxic. The strategy is simple, hit your opponent with a status attack, and then start hitting them, heal as necessary.

Sceptile: Modest nature is perfect for this one. Max Sp. Atk and Speed.
Also, I wonder how the heck you got Dynamic Punch onto it as it cannot learn that move either naturally, through breeding, or as a TM?
Anyway, I'd rebreed it to get some useful moves unto it such as Magical Leaf and Leech Seed. Unfortunatly, the Sceptile only has its speed going for it, due to a great lack of special attack based moves. However, if you can get Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power onto it, it might be salvagable.

Typlosion: Great nature again. Maximize Sp. Atk and Speed again, it has a great movepool for a special sweeper. I suggest Eruption and Flamethrower for STAB, Swift to take care of evading opponents, and Hidden Power. Alternatly, go for Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, and Swift.

Flygon: Again a perfect nature. Max out attack and speed.
As for moves, keep Earthquake and Dragon Claw for STAB, keep Rockslide to take care of the type weakness against Ice, then replace fly with Roost for healing.
Rock Slide can be replaced by Flamethrower however. Although it is a special move, it is more reliable and has a higher base damage than Rockslide, although Rockslide does benefit from the Atk boost.

Lapras: No real comments, but I suggest replacing it with something better. Although the Lapras has a very wide movepool, it only good stat is hit points. Also, it's nature is not benificial to its abilities.

Ampharos: It's nature is neither good nor bad, try breeding one that has a nature that boosts Sp. Atk. I suggest going for Mild, Modest, Quiet, or Rash.
As for attacks, Thunder pretty much sucks without a Rain Dance in effect, so it needs to be dropped. I'd go with Cotton Spore, Thunderbolt (TM), Power Gem, and Signal Beam.
Shockwave can be used in place of Cotton Spore or Thunderbolt if you expect to come up against many evasion boosting pokemon.  

krishnath

MitsuUniverse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:25 pm
krishnath
Nickomatic

I'm smarter now.

Umbreon
Naive Nature
Dark Pulse
Moonlight
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Sceptile
Modest Nature
Leaf Storm
Dynamic Punch
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Typhlosion
Modest Nature
Mega Kick
Eruption
Fire Punch
-
(Needs a lot of help)

Flygon
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fly
Dragon Claw

Lapras
Hasty Nature
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Avalanche
Surf

Ampharos
Gentle Nature
Thunder
Cotton Spore
Thunderpunch
Power Gem

So please help?

Umbreon: Naive is not a bad nature for an umbreon, it neither reduces attack or special atk. And it boosts speed which is a plus. As for moves, I suggest maxing it's atk and spd. You need to hit fast and hard. As for moves, I would go with: Faint Attack, Pursuit, Moonlight, and either Confuse Ray, or Toxic. The strategy is simple, hit your opponent with a status attack, and then start hitting them, heal as necessary.

Also, I wonder how the heck you got Dynamic Punch onto it as it cannot learn that move either naturally, through breeding, or as a TM?
Anyway, I'd rebreed it to get some useful moves unto it such as Magical Leaf and Leech Seed. Unfortunatly, the Sceptile only has its speed going for it, due to a great lack of special attack based moves. However, if you can get Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power onto it, it might be salvagable.

Typlosion: Great nature again. Maximize Sp. Atk and Speed again, it has a great movepool for a special sweeper. I suggest Eruption and Flamethrower for STAB, Swift to take care of evading opponents, and Hidden Power. Alternatly, go for Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, and Swift.

As for moves, keep Earthquake and Dragon Claw for STAB, keep Rockslide to take care of the type weakness against Ice, then replace fly with Roost for healing.
Rock Slide can be replaced by Flamethrower however. Although it is a special move, it is more reliable and has a higher base damage than Rockslide, although Rockslide does benefit from the Atk boost.

Lapras: No real comments, but I suggest replacing it with something better. Although the Lapras has a very wide movepool, it only good stat is hit points. Also, it's nature is not benificial to its abilities.

Ampharos: It's nature is neither good nor bad, try breeding one that has a nature that boosts Sp. Atk. I suggest going for Mild, Modest, Quiet, or Rash.
As for attacks, Thunder pretty much sucks without a Rain Dance in effect, so it needs to be dropped. I'd go with Cotton Spore, Thunderbolt (TM), Power Gem, and Signal Beam.
Shockwave can be used in place of Cotton Spore or Thunderbolt if you expect to come up against many evasion boosting pokemon.
Thank you soooo much. I got Dynamic Punch for Sceptile with 48 Battle Points in the battle fronteir in Emerald, by the way. xD

As for water pokemon...

Hmmm... always liked Lapras. Course there is a part in my comic where I set it free. Here's some other water pokemon I'm willing to use:

Feraligtr
Quiet Nature
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Roar
Surf

Blastoise
Modest Nature
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Bite
Seismic Toss

Swampert
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Counter
Rest
Curse

(What the heck is curse for? O_o My friend gave it to me and said it works differantly for ghosts)

So, what do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:04 am
Nickomatic
krishnath
Nickomatic

I'm smarter now.

Umbreon
Naive Nature
Dark Pulse
Moonlight
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Sceptile
Modest Nature
Leaf Storm
Dynamic Punch
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Typhlosion
Modest Nature
Mega Kick
Eruption
Fire Punch
-
(Needs a lot of help)

Flygon
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fly
Dragon Claw

Lapras
Hasty Nature
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Avalanche
Surf

Ampharos
Gentle Nature
Thunder
Cotton Spore
Thunderpunch
Power Gem

So please help?

Thank you soooo much. I got Dynamic Punch for Sceptile with 48 Battle Points in the battle fronteir in Emerald, by the way. xD

As for water pokemon...

Hmmm... always liked Lapras. Course there is a part in my comic where I set it free. Here's some other water pokemon I'm willing to use:

Feraligtr
Quiet Nature
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Roar
Surf

Blastoise
Modest Nature
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Bite
Seismic Toss

Swampert
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Counter
Rest
Curse

(What the heck is curse for? O_o My friend gave it to me and said it works differantly for ghosts)

So, what do you think?

Curse boosts Atk and Def for non-ghosts, but lowers their Speed. For ghosts it causes the ghost pokemon to loose half it's HP, but the opposing pokemon looses 1/4 HP each round afterwards.

Lapras used to rock, in FR/LG it owned as a Bolt Beamer (Mine knew Surf, Thunder Bolt, Ice Beam, and I can't remember the last move) it was awesome. Then I transfered it to D/P and suddenly it sucked. Pokemon it was able to 0HKO before now took three or four hits before falling. Not good.

Anyway, I suggest you go with the Adamant Swampert, but drop Counter and Rest for Waterfall and Avalanche. Waterfall gets the STAB bonues, while Avalanche takes care of the type weakness to grass. If it ends with Curse not working out for you, you can drop it for Brick Break or Rock Slide. ^^  

krishnath

MitsuUniverse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:30 pm
krishnath
Nickomatic
krishnath
Nickomatic

I'm smarter now.

Umbreon
Naive Nature
Dark Pulse
Moonlight
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Sceptile
Modest Nature
Leaf Storm
Dynamic Punch
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Typhlosion
Modest Nature
Mega Kick
Eruption
Fire Punch
-
(Needs a lot of help)

Flygon
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fly
Dragon Claw

Lapras
Hasty Nature
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Avalanche
Surf

Ampharos
Gentle Nature
Thunder
Cotton Spore
Thunderpunch
Power Gem

So please help?

As for water pokemon...

Feraligtr
Quiet Nature
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Roar
Surf

Blastoise
Modest Nature
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Bite
Seismic Toss

Swampert
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Counter
Rest
Curse

So, what do you think?

Curse boosts Atk and Def for non-ghosts, but lowers their Speed. For ghosts it causes the ghost pokemon to loose half it's HP, but the opposing pokemon looses 1/4 HP each round afterwards.

Lapras used to rock, in FR/LG it owned as a Bolt Beamer (Mine knew Surf, Thunder Bolt, Ice Beam, and I can't remember the last move) it was awesome. Then I transfered it to D/P and suddenly it sucked. Pokemon it was able to 0HKO before now took three or four hits before falling. Not good.

Anyway, I suggest you go with the Adamant Swampert, but drop Counter and Rest for Waterfall and Avalanche. Waterfall gets the STAB bonues, while Avalanche takes care of the type weakness to grass. If it ends with Curse not working out for you, you can drop it for Brick Break or Rock Slide. ^^
Thanks a ton. My team's all set up now.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:50 am
Nickomatic
krishnath
Nickomatic
krishnath
Nickomatic

I'm smarter now.

Umbreon
Naive Nature
Dark Pulse
Moonlight
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Sceptile
Modest Nature
Leaf Storm
Dynamic Punch
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Typhlosion
Modest Nature
Mega Kick
Eruption
Fire Punch
-
(Needs a lot of help)

Flygon
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fly
Dragon Claw

Lapras
Hasty Nature
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Avalanche
Surf

Ampharos
Gentle Nature
Thunder
Cotton Spore
Thunderpunch
Power Gem

So please help?

As for water pokemon...

Feraligtr
Quiet Nature
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Roar
Surf

Blastoise
Modest Nature
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Bite
Seismic Toss

Swampert
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Counter
Rest
Curse

So, what do you think?

Thanks a ton. My team's all set up now.

You're welcome. ^^  

krishnath

Teams

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas