Reply *The Hall of Diversity*
Salem Witch Hunt

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:52 pm
Do you think the witch hunts in Salem were justified? Were the girls tying to get attention, playing a joke or really possed? Debate away.
P.S. Shadow Dweller, were there witch hunts in England?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:01 pm
I think at first the girls were just trying to get attention, but then it turned into a problem when the public got hold of it. The Puritan lifestyle was very demanding and controlled..monotonus *sp?. It's been proven that it caused instances in many individuals to go a little crazy. I think that when these people lost it a little the public believed they were being possesed by the devil or something along those lines..I think it was just a deadly cycle..The religion's customs brainwashed the people and with the circumstances all the chaos broke loose. I've read an interesting book on this subject. I kind of forgot the name of it... xd  

Ziporae
Crew

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:31 am
No there aren't. Back in the old days (and I mean old days) they used to burn witches, or at least people that they suspected of being witches. They burned alot of innocent people. There is a famous hill not far from where i live called Pendle Hill. There are old tales that witches used to cast spells and dance around a fire on the top of the hill.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:36 pm
Wow, people back then were really rash.  

Airforce Soldier

Ziporae
Crew

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:04 pm
Shadow__Dweller
No there aren't. Back in the old days (and I mean old days) they used to burn witches, or at least people that they suspected of being witches. They burned alot of innocent people. There is a famous hill not far from where i live called Pendle Hill. There are old tales that witches used to cast spells and dance around a fire on the top of the hill.

I think I have heard of that hill. Is it like a tourist site today? Or not really?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:32 am
Yeah it is 3nodding  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:24 pm
I think that people back then were just plain crazy.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:05 am
they werent crazy people just didnt really notice them.. the movie and the book was good though.  

XR8TEDB00TY

Dismal Living

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:49 pm
I think that the Salem Witch Trials were the perfect examples of humans in their true ignorance, stupidity, and ill-disguised fear. Only humans would commit the acts as they did then. The sad thing is that humans still do it today. Truly an astonishing thing to sit back and watch as history continuously repeats itself.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:13 pm
Airforce Soldier
Wow, people back then were really rash.

Airforce Soldier
I think that people back then were just plain crazy.

And it's changed how today?
People still stupidly persecute based on what the collective thinks.

Cyrus von Helson

Clockwork Souls

Desirable Dabbler

4,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:50 pm
Dismal Living
I think that the Salem Witch Trials were the perfect examples of humans in their true ignorance, stupidity, and ill-disguised fear. Only humans would commit the acts as they did then. The sad thing is that humans still do it today. Truly an astonishing thing to sit back and watch as history continuously repeats itself.

I couldn't agree more!
I really don't think the trials were justified, especially since most of the people who were caught were not witches, yet paid the price.
Real witches, theoretically speaking, would have a defense against such simple traps, but innocent people would die!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:42 am
I think that the Witch Hunts/Triles where compleatly unjustified.
Its just humans acting like they same rasist/sexiest closed minded selves that don't know what to do with them selves.
They were unfair ways to hurt people and half the people that we're killed in the Hunts/Triles weren't even Witches! Its just stupid!  

redtearsblackwings

Tasia Tatsuko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:25 am
I dont know if they were justified or not but I do know that I am related to the one male that was killed in Salem. And I might possibly be related to one of the females too. My family isnt sure.  
*The Hall of Diversity*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games