Reply Rude Discussion
I'm so happy! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:01 pm
For those of you who don't know, I love. Streetlight Manifesto. I idolize this band, and they mean so much to me.
So I went to their website, saw the tour dates. So they're coming near me on a couple dates. This was good news, but nothing out of the ordinary; I've seen them four times. Then I read the news. It says that the concert on November 9th at Starland Ballroom, New Jersey, they will be selling the album early, and with a purchase of the album, a poster autographed by the whole band will be included. Needless to say, I am ecstatic.
I cannot wait for this concert.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:38 pm
Im sorry you'll have to suffer through their abismal live show for a fifth time  

Slag10

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:59 pm
Slag10
Im sorry you'll have to suffer through their abismal live show for a fifth time

...are you kidding me? You may hate Streetlight, but let's not be that guy who takes everyones excitement and crushes it.

I thoroughly enjoyed every Streetlight concert I've been to; they've been some of the best nights of my life, and I will go to every one of their concerts when they come near me.

Oh, and you spelled "abysmal" wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:01 pm
... eck. first of all... your from NJ, and you're like shocked that they would sell the cd early there... they are from there and all...

streetlight is ******** far from a good live band. they have no stage presence or energy or anything. basically sitting at home listening to a cd is about as good. plus the hordes of mindless retards at their shows kills any fun you could have.

Now a band like ASOB, there is a good ******** live performance.

and... all I have to say to your SSB icon is. SONICFTW!

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:13 pm
Guns of Navarone
... eck. first of all... your from NJ, and you're like shocked that they would sell the cd early there... they are from there and all...

streetlight is ******** far from a good live band. they have no stage presence or energy or anything. basically sitting at home listening to a cd is about as good. plus the hordes of mindless retards at their shows kills any fun you could have.

Dance

First of all, I'm not shocked, I'm happy.
Secondly, watch this:

ASOB is ******** far from a good live band. they have no stage presence or energy or anything. basically sitting at home listening to a cd is about as good. plus the hordes of mindless retards at their shows kills any fun you could have.

Now a band like streetlight, there is a good ******** live performance.

See, I can do it to... but seriously:
About these problems in their performance that you point out, I have never seen this. Maybe they put on a better show because I live in their home town, but they have amazing stage presence and energy. Everyone who attends their concerts around here are great people and make the show all the better. Perhaps you haven't seen them headline a concert? I admit that their performance isn't quite as good when they open for another band. When they headline, they're infinitely better.

So I'll tell you what I told the other guy: Just because you've experienced bad things with Streetlight, or just because you don't like them, doesn't mean you can be the d**k who takes other people's happiness and ruin it.

Oh, and Sonic in brawl is going to be pretty sweet xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:50 pm
They are comin' with The Aquabats to AZ in December. That would be one fun show.  

Frankenska

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:20 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Secondly, watch this:

ASOB is ******** far from a good live band. they have no stage presence or energy or anything. basically sitting at home listening to a cd is about as good. plus the hordes of mindless retards at their shows kills any fun you could have.

About these problems in their performance that you point out, I have never seen this. Maybe they put on a better show because I live in their home town, but they have amazing stage presence and energy. Everyone who attends their concerts around here are great people and make the show all the better. Perhaps you haven't seen them headline a concert? I admit that their performance isn't quite as good when they open for another band. When they headline, they're infinitely better.

So I'll tell you what I told the other guy: Just because you've experienced bad things with Streetlight, or just because you don't like them, doesn't mean you can be the d**k who takes other people's happiness and ruin it.

Hey now! Well as far as I dissagree with gun cuz the last time I saw streetlight they put on a good show there is no way in hell you can swith around what he said like that.

When you see ASOB all the members are going to stage dive at some point, JT will climb up on his key board, if they see you singing they will pull you on stage, the whole entire crowd is moving no mater what. Last time I saw streetlight about 70% of the crowd stood still and they did sound just like a recording. Being in the 30% moving made the show but they really didn't even try to get the crowd to move they just did their thing and got it over with.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 am
Kingshortpants
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Secondly, watch this:

Hey now! Well as far as I dissagree with gun cuz the last time I saw streetlight they put on a good show there is no way in hell you can swith around what he said like that.

When you see ASOB all the members are going to stage dive at some point, JT will climb up on his key board, if they see you singing they will pull you on stage, the whole entire crowd is moving no mater what. Last time I saw streetlight about 70% of the crowd stood still and they did sound just like a recording. Being in the 30% moving made the show but they really didn't even try to get the crowd to move they just did their thing and got it over with.

exactly what I mean.

and sure, they may be better in NJ cuz it is their hometown, but the like 3 or 4 times I've seen them in FL, they pretty much just sit there and play their songs then leave. their more professional than fun, which is good for recording, but not so much for shows, I goto shows for fun, not just to stand and listen.  

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:08 pm
Guns of Navarone
Kingshortpants
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Secondly, watch this:

exactly what I mean.

and sure, they may be better in NJ cuz it is their hometown, but the like 3 or 4 times I've seen them in FL, they pretty much just sit there and play their songs then leave. their more professional than fun, which is good for recording, but not so much for shows, I goto shows for fun, not just to stand and listen.

I was just trying to prove a point that anyone can just say bad things about any band.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:15 pm
Frankenska
They are comin' with The Aquabats to AZ in December. That would be one fun show.
That would be an amazing show... I'm totally jealous!!!  

MCS4evr0

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:18 pm
Melomaniacal

I was just trying to prove a point that anyone can just say bad things about any band.

Yeah, you can. And every time I've been to a streetlight show its true that only like 30% of the people are moving, but thats because half of them come to see the Reggae-Dub bands. Like one time they toured with Westbound Train and Suburban Legends. People who like those 2 bands I don't think are gonna wanna be in a pit during a streetlight show. And streetlight sounds just like their recordings because they are so talented. Their recordings are AMAZING, and when they play live they sounds just as AMAZING. The only reason ASOB would be better is cuz all the ppl there are HXC, and anyone could sound better than ASOBs recordings... theyre horrifically grunge (I do love them tho)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 pm
MCS4evr0
Melomaniacal

Yeah, you can. And every time I've been to a streetlight show its true that only like 30% of the people are moving, but thats because half of them come to see the Reggae-Dub bands. Like one time they toured with Westbound Train and Suburban Legends. People who like those 2 bands I don't think are gonna wanna be in a pit during a streetlight show. And streetlight sounds just like their recordings because they are so talented. Their recordings are AMAZING, and when they play live they sounds just as AMAZING. The only reason ASOB would be better is cuz all the ppl there are HXC, and anyone could sound better than ASOBs recordings... theyre horrifically grunge (I do love them tho)

I may be getting the better end, living in their hometown (I literally live like 15 minutes away from Keasbey, New Jersey). They play with amazing energy and add so much to their songs when they play live around here. I went to the tour you're talking about, and the crowd was crazy. There was no way to NOT be in some kind of pit.
I see where you're coming from, though. I've seen a video where the audience is literally standing and giving some fist pumps and pointing motions. Well, regardless, they put on an amazing show around here.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Ub Omaet

6,550 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:24 pm
Frankenska

it will be a great show unfortunatly i'm so far razz

good for you
HAVE FUN!!
TELL US YOUR EXPERIENCE AT THE CONCERT!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:53 am
MCS4evr0
Melomaniacal

Dude Suburban Legends fands know how to dance every time I seen them the crowd has moved.... Cuz they move. Westbound train it depends when they play but I love them cuz they let you do a nice slow skank to build up your energy for the next band. You dance to the band on stage it doesn't matter who your there for its all about if the band playin makes you want to move. As far as ASOB recording quality.... Three Cheers for Dissapointment.  

Kingshortpants

Jcake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:13 pm
Frankenska

Yeah, always a good show with them. I'm actually probably going to see them in Seattle and the next week after that, I can see them in San Diego when I go home for Christmas. Can't wait for that new album  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff