Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:51 am
Quote:
La Dernière Heure, a French daily newspaper in Belgium similar to United Kingdom's The Sun or America's New York Post, reports that two identical messages linked to the Death Note manga were left near severed body parts that were discovered Friday afternoon in the forest of Belgium's Duden Park. According to the newspaper, the two paper sheets both say "Watashi wa Kira dess," an apparent mispelling of the Japanese phrase "Watashi wa Kira desu," or "I am Kira (Killer)." This is a catchphrase from writer Tsugumi Ooba and artist Takeshi Obata's Death Note suspense manga series, in which a high school boy discovers a notebook which allows him to kill people by writing their names in it.

The lower abdomen and two thighs of an unknown Caucasian male were discovered by walkers in the park Friday at 5:30 p.m. local time, and police sources for the newspaper said that the body parts were left no more than six hours before the discovery. There was no clothing, personal effects, or identification besides the two paper sheets. The two paper sheets reportedly had the same message, but written in two different colors with no apparent signs of aging. Duden Park is located on east side of the Senne River Valley.

This is scary as Hell! What do you think happened? Is a Belgian trying to say they're Kira? Maybe Death Note is causing people to go mad...

You look on the A/M/C, you'll find a link to the full story in English on the Anime News Network, and also in French from another link on the ANN.

I'm seriously freaked out though... I'm trembling at my keyboard. I hope this ain't real and if it is, I hope there's a real L to stop it!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 pm
dont know what to think of it, other than dont go to Belgium  

Nillava

Dapper Gaian

Aquastar_1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:19 pm
Looks like what happened in China is going to happen in Europe.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 pm
You mean all those silly incidents happened in mainland China? Yea, I guess it's gonna happen in Europe as well.  

Racino Kasa

13Mizu-Chan13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:23 am
Well, it COULD be some retard who got obbsesed with Death Note and thought he WAS Kira.... and pretended to killed with a regular note book... she notebook must of said;

PROFESSER BLAH-BLAHSTEN
killed at 13:00 by a visious action of his lower half being ripped off

or something like that... this is why I'm scared of DN coming to the US... gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:02 pm
You know the kids at Hot Topic will be all over this, next thing you know some wannabe will host another Columbine. Not cool.  

SCP-511

Racino Kasa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:14 am
What a pity. The comic's meant to be entertaining but not driving people mad like this...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:20 am
blueKasa
What a pity. The comic's meant to be entertaining but not driving people mad like this...

I know what you mean. It's really sad, isn't it? It's also very frightening... I'm not very strong, so I could end up killed before I know it...

I think I'll just become a hermit when Death Note comes the US.  

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100

SeraphicAssassin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:37 am
That's scary... Good thing I don't live in the US...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:40 pm
People take things waaaaaaaayyyy too seriously. This manga is supposed to be for entertainment, not the sick, twisted minds of sadistic killers. Hopefully this won't become a big thing, it might give anime and manga a bad name.  

NejiShikaItalover92

Zodiac Serrano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:15 pm
Wow... It's scary what some people will do because of stuff in the media. And it's not fair, because then people think it's bad for violence to be in TV and such. Those types of people are going to be around no matter what-- violence in TV or not.

I agree with you, Misuki Marishima. If this is a real Death Note (which I hope it isn't because then I'd be seriously freaking out) I sure hope there's a real L. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:55 pm
Aquastar_1
Looks like what happened in China is going to happen in Europe.

What the bannage of Death Note?  

Koishii X

t3h Rainbow Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:21 pm
*Blink* *Blink* *Blink* Wow. A real Kira case. O.o  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:27 pm
Hm! This seems to be rather interesting, M-san! Quite interesting indeed...

Though if it is real, one can only imagine what'll come next.

I'm rather intruiged by this, to tell the truth. Not scared, but curious to know if at last reality is finally breaking down and life will become a tad bit more exciting. Because I'm normally just bored with life so having such a thing occur might just spruce it up.

Simply because if reality is breaking and Death Notes are coming into this realm of reality, one can only think of what else might come to be. On the worst note of what could occur is zombies, seeing as how fast they rappidly turn people with just a bite. And considering the fact that they're quite undead such things as a Death Note would be useless against them.

At which point we'd need to find a way to rip the dimentional streams to fetch someone like Alucard from Hellsing to destroy them, but then we'd eventually get vampires and other such running about as well. And the world would then turn into the lovely chaos that is my imagination.

There are things more powerful than death, afterall, if you think about it. But this could also explain why I haven't found random apple bits around here and there in such a long time.

I'm not strong either, but I am excited at the thought of anything that I like being true in this reality. Simply because it would truely spice things up on a major scale.

Though I would have to say that the biggest percentage in this is just some crazy fool that adores Light is out killing people himself and then later writing it down in a fake death note that he probably bought online. Or, perhaps the smaller less likely percentage that the story is becomming true is happening. We'll just have to sit back and wait to see what happens. But it's probably just highly coincidental like the picture of me in third grade that makes me look like Mello.

So don't worry too much, the person will eventually be caught. And even if it does harm things, it's no different than that of 'video games causing children to grow up violent killers' thing. I mean really, parents should at least know what to look at if they're getting a game and to keep ones like GTA away from the little childrikens. And there will always be people out there that are crazy and eventually fail to hold such in and break something. But I do find that people blaming things like entertainment on such actions is just stupid. Whether or not it was what brought it out or not there are just idiots that don't know the rules of today's society.

Either way, I'm fine with it, so long as zombies don't happen. Because zombies are always bad, bad news in any sort of story. So I'm fine if Death Note becomes reality, but not fine if Resident Evil does. Simply put, how would you rather die? By someone writing your name in a booklet to the point where you have a sickness, heart attack, etc. or being ripped appart by the living dead while being eaten alive and then eventually turning into one of them and possibly killing your loved ones in the same way? I'd much rather get killed by the likes of Kira than by a hoarde of zombies, myself.  

Stephkotsu

Tall-Trees-Falling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:30 pm
This makes me sad. It gives anime a bad name. Soon some weirdo will do something pertaining to that here and it'll be banned here too. D:  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff