Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Manly Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are the guys in yaoi attractive?
  Yeah......
  No......
  Eh.....
View Results

Montypythoniisss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:04 am
Am I the only person who wonders why in yaoi, the guys spend half the manga questioning their manliness, when they already are very feminine? Sometimes it's just the way they look.......Don't be offended or anything, but does anyone else want to see muscled manly men with-FACIAL HAIR in love? Or just me? I love my bishies, but why are they the only guys in yaoi? Just wondering.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:41 am
Montypythoniisss
Am I the only person who wonders why in yaoi, the guys spend half the manga questioning their manliness, when they already are very feminine? Sometimes it's just the way they look.......Don't be offended or anything, but does anyone else want to see muscled manly men with-FACIAL HAIR in love? Or just me? I love my bishies, but why are they the only guys in yaoi? Just wondering.

Since it's mostly girls, who like pretty things who like yaoi, most perfer pretty men. Like Gackt in Japan, he's a pretty man and yaoi is a japanese genra originally.

But there are people who like manly yaoi, which some just call brum..or something like that. barba, I know someone knows what I'm talking about.  

Syntria
Crew

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:21 pm
I used to be all for girlyboys up in everywhere, but I'm growing out of it. I'm not into all-out bara ( wink ) but I like a little muscle, a little stubble.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:27 pm
I usually go for the pretty guy that can't be mistaken for a girl,(...>.> if that makes any sense to anyone but me) but i wouldn't mind reading a manga with muscled guys and stubble. Though they can't be built like a prowrestler cause I just don't like that... sweatdrop  

xKappuxKeekix

palindrome88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:26 pm
I like my yaoi with two guys, not a guy and a five year old girl with a p***s, which is what a lot of ukes tends to look and act like. >.< I prefer actual men over girly boys, with muscles and a little stubble on their chin and whatnot.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Like, this? Is too much.

And on the other end of the spectrum.. this is too much.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Skizzors
Crew

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:44 pm
It all depend who's art your looking at I guess. There are some artists who try to make their characters look more masculine. Not like big hairy bara men but just guy-ish. Of course they aren't as prolific as the artists who like willow-y bishies. Though then another problem arises. The guys look masculine but they still act like weepy ukes (especially in bed >.>). It's so weird!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. A little better?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:06 pm
Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Some people like fem-bishies, some like muscley men, some like a blend of both.

I prefer my characters to be men in touch with their feminine sides, muscular but lithe and slender.  

[Romiette]

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:38 am
^^ Not TOO much. My limits go around Luxord, Xaldin and Xigbar...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:43 am
Sushii-Princess
My limits go around Luxord, Xaldin and Xigbar...

lol! Those are pretty manly men there. Especially Xaldin! heart Though Xaldin's got those pretty eyes... *_* Don't mind me, I'm kind of in love with him.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

palindrome88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:49 pm
LadyNox
It all depend who's art your looking at I guess. There are some artists who try to make their characters look more masculine. Not like big hairy bara men but just guy-ish. Of course they aren't as prolific as the artists who like willow-y bishies. Though then another problem arises. The guys look masculine but they still act like weepy ukes (especially in bed >.>). It's so weird!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. A little better?

Holy s**t, that's pretty hot. What is that? More importantly, who's the blond guy? <3  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:58 pm
Mmm, Luxord/Xiggy~ <3 Xaldin's too angry-lookin' for me, though.  

Skizzors
Crew

oO-Ui-Oo

Friendly Puppy

13,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:42 pm
I dislike manly men.... it is rare for me to like one.. the only attract manly men i do like is people like Conrad's father, anybody eles like thingies brother (Conrad's uncle) looks ugly imo.

I prefer girly guys, i dont like them being to girly though like... Noriko from Fushigi Yuugi (begining wise anyway) but if its anything eles i like it, i also like normal looking bishounen to.

*edit* that guy from Bleach looks ugly to XD whats his name... the Shinigami hater, though i must say that the guy that kept on calling him ugly looks even more uglier. XDDDDDDDDDD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:36 pm
LadyNox
Sushii-Princess
My limits go around Luxord, Xaldin and Xigbar...

lol! Those are pretty manly men there. Especially Xaldin! heart Though Xaldin's got those pretty eyes... *_* Don't mind me, I'm kind of in love with him.

Those three make a pretty damn awesome OT3.
>D

@Skizzors: Naaahs, Xaldin's awesome! *w* Makes teh good
slash!

User_2629207

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:40 pm
Sushii-Princess: *eyes the last one* OKAY. POINT TAKEN. @w@  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff