Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Specific Anime/Manga Subforum
MAR / Kyo Kara Maoh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you get Kyo Kara Maoh and MAR mixed up too?
  Yes
  No
  I dont know either of these so i cant really say...
  Poll!
View Results

Echrin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:01 am
I used to watch these two almost religiously a while back (a year or two i think). Its been so long that when i try to explain the story line, characters, basically everything to my friends, I mix these two up. All I remember is that theyre both taking place in dungeons and castles etc. And that mar had this talking weapon guy thing. Can anyone help me sort this out?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:01 am
Kyo Kara Maoh! is the show where the main character, Yuri, is flushed down a toilet and into another world. There, he becomes the king. He is unaccustomed by their ways and he didn't know that slapping someone meant that you were proposing to them. He slaps a boy named Wolfram, and because he said he wouldn't take the slap back, he has to marry him. Hope that helped a little. Sorry, I had to rush because I have to go soon!  

kuro xx mae

RanpuKuroTenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:11 pm
Anybody want to give me a full summary about MAR and Kyou Kara Maou?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:57 pm
I haven't mixed MAR and Kyou Kara Maoh up myself, as they're quite different in my opinion...

Marchen Awakens Romance (MAR) is about a boy named Ginta who gets transported into another world named MAR-Heaven. He meets a living ARM (a type of weapon/magicial device) named Babbo and together, along with numerous friends he picks up on the way, try to save MAR-Heaven from the Chess, who basically are trying to destroy the world... It's mainly a fighting shounen manga.

Since DustedMelody already gave a description of KKM, I just want to add that in the other world, he is a Demon King of Shin Makoku (New Demon Kingdom) and the series is basically about him dealing with the issues of ruling a kingdom...  

Zalantra

RanpuKuroTenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:32 pm
Okay I know about MAR but what about Kyou Kara Maou?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:52 pm
I've only watched up to episode fifty-something but... let's see.

Yuuri saves someone from being bullied and is flushed down the toilet. He ends up in an alternate world where his black hair, eyes, and clothing (school uniform) is shown as a sign of demonic royalty (the Maoh). He is rescued from humans by a man named Conrad and brought to Shin Makoku, where Yuuri has to learn how to rule the kingdom and accept the fact that he is the Maoh. He also has to learn the culture of a place that counts a slap as a marriage proposal and the dropping of a knife (and its subsequent picking-up) as accepting a duel (so he basically messes up a lot). Yuuri's alter ego (longer hair and slitted eyes) has strong magical powers and has a strong sense of justice.

What else... he also has to deal with the neighboring countries which are made up of humans, some who despise Mazoku and some who are allied with them. This results in him having to make tough decisions ("who should I protect/side with?) Yuuri also returns multiple times to the real world if he falls into bodies of water (puddles, fountains, baths, etc) and comes back to Shin Makoku due to similar pathways...  

Zalantra

RanpuKuroTenshi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:21 pm
Kyou Kara Maoh sounds........interesting.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:07 am
I heard think it's good too
But they say that it's a shounen ai..
And I'm not really a fan of those kinds of things..
So I'm debating whether or not I should watch it..
confused

Natsumei

Shy Browser

9,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Zalantra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 am
Natsumei
I heard think it's good too
But they say that it's a shounen ai..
And I'm not really a fan of those kinds of things..
So I'm debating whether or not I should watch it..
confused

It's implied but nothing really happens, other than hilarious scenes between Yuuri and Wolfram, the two who are supposed to be married but Yuuri doesn't want it to happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:35 pm
Is Gunter in love with Yuri or something because in all the episodes that I've seen, Gunter acts like he loves him or something.  

RanpuKuroTenshi

Zalantra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:11 pm
Gunter is probably what causes the shounen ai to appear... I would say he's quite caring over the new Maoh. I'm not sure if he's actually in love with Yuuri or if he's just infatuated and extremely protective and loyal to him. And due to his rather dramatic personality, he acts...the way he does. Just my view on it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:11 pm
Where can you find episodes of MAR on the internet? I tried looking up some, but they don't have it.  

RanpuKuroTenshi

Specific Anime/Manga Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff