Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Can Music Affect...?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe that music can affect a persons demeanor/attitude?
  yes
  no
View Results

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:17 am
I think music can change your moods, but thats just me.. i wish to hear what you all think...

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:38 am
I agree there. Music can affect the mood. Some scientists claim it can even more. From wikipedia:

//Induced OBEs...Audio/visual stimulation intended to bring the subject into the appropriate state//
smile

I for my part believe that since music is composed of waves an we are all also cmposed of waves( even if you don`t believe in aura and the like, you´re made of molecules and they underly the brown molecular movement, basically can be brought to swinging).

If a music is played, in my opinion,it can influence your waves positively (harmonic enhancement) or negative (disharmonic intereference).

Since everybody is differerent , everybody is afected differerntly. I once was at a club and at the foyer were some unknown goth bands playing. One ban did not play the music I liked, but it was neverthless not a bad music when I suddenly felt sick, saw colors and had the feeling my body was vibrating in a negtive way, almost as if something was about to anihilate me. I ran outside and as soon as I was outside I felt good again.

I don´t want to know what happens when someone plays exactly your personal antiwave. eek

Just my thoughts.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:35 am
Of course it can. All stimuli affects our brain in someway or another, why would music be any different?

And then there's the fact that we have the headphones jammed right by our ears usually. And if not, you're usually concentrating on the music still. Any message the music sends, lyrically or otherwise, will affect the way you think.

And then there's all those CDs you can buy at some stores that are scientifically designed to put you in a certain state or mood, through brain waves. Trust me, the Sleep one works.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:20 pm
i'm glad at least two posted there view's of music, tis very interesting to me, to hear what others have to say about it.. smiles  

VampyreofGraves

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:56 pm
Yeah, it happens to me often; for example, listening to Velvet Underground makes me feel an oddly sad serenity (mostly when listening to songs like "Candy Says" and "Jesus").  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:40 am
If its good music, then yes, its only natural it evokes and empathic response with you. smile  

Rellik San
Crew

Divinity Rage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:03 am
I'm bipolar, and a few years ago I ran out of the money I need to get my meds. So I put a whole bunch of music on my iPod, including comedy routines. When I would hit a low patch, I'd listen to upbeat music and comedy and break out of the cycle. I've been fine ever since, using my attitude to change my emotional state.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:30 am
my music dosnt change my mood. I wont let it. If im happy and in good mood, i skip the sad songs on my mp3. For exapmple... i just listens to whatever fits my mood at the moment.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:16 pm
It can very well change a person's mood. I find when I'm feeling overwhelmed and put in music it allows me to calm (or at least distract).  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:03 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Yeah, it happens to me often; for example, listening to Velvet Underground makes me feel an oddly sad serenity (mostly when listening to songs like "Candy Says" and "Jesus").
When I make the mistake of telling people that, they say "are you.... GOTH????". So I usually don't admit that around those I don't know. Since this is the Goth Goth Guild, I think I'm safe saying that here.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:47 pm
Of course it does.

Music affects me so deeply. It inspires me when I feel I can't go on any longer and makes me feel good even if everything is going wrong. I can safely say that if I didn't have music I wouldn't be able to function the same.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:11 pm
When I listen to Joy Division I calm down, think more reasonably, and feel the need to starve myself.

There is also music (largely being Depeche Mode) that turns me on.

Sharing Heartbeats

Sharing Heartbeats

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:12 pm
-Resurrected Writer-

I made a concept film to their song Stephanie Says. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:15 am
A Kiss To Say Hello
When I listen to Joy Division I calm down, think more reasonably, and feel the need to starve myself.

New Wave turns you on?

I thought the point was the same as the blues and thats to bring everyone else down when your feeling down. D:  

Rellik San
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:59 am
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

New Wave turns you on?

I thought the point was the same as the blues and thats to bring everyone else down when your feeling down. D:
So your saying that listening to a song about other people suffering more than you doesn't make you happy(not turned on kinda happy...) or atleast feeling better about yourself? smile

It's like when I go into walmart and just look at people,I feel much better about the way I look xd  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff