Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Cosplay and Tekteks
AWA [Anime Weekend Atlanta] con!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:45 am
Yes. This was it. This was my very first anime convention. AND IT ROCKED. C:< Yesh. Anywho, for those who would like to see photos, I'll post them here.

Oh, by the way, I just happened to see the user known as "Kite Azure" at the convention as well dressed as Shugo/Kite [I think it was Shugo]. However, I never introduced myself. I was informed that his account had been suspended for botting. Sorry PPN, but your only chance at knowing what I look like without computer edits just went down the drain. BWAHAHA. [:<

Anywho, ON WITH THE PICS!

-=-OVERALL FAVORITE-=-

Hikaru Hitachiin & Kaoru Hitachiin [Chesire Cats] 1
Hikaru Hitachiin & Kaoru Hitachiin [Chesire Cats] Detail
Hikaru Hitachiin & Kaoru Hitachiin [Chesire Cats] 2
ANIME: Ouran Host Club
EPISODE: #13 [Haruhi in Wonderland]

NOTE: I loved these two girls. They were cosplaying as my favorite twincesting couple, the Hitachiin Twins. Not only did that strike an instant favor, but the fact that they used the outfits from Haruhi in Wonderland made me gasp in awe. They entered a cosplay contest later that night and won "Cutest Couple" as they pranced on the stage, cocked their hips in an identical fashion, and then turned to each other and gave the other eskimo kisses. The final image was taken after their win, and it was crappy because they were in a hurry to get to bed [>>;]. The following day I saw them again dressed in the traditional Ouran Host Club outfits with their hair parted in opposite fashions but was unable to snap a picture of them [I felt bad; they were carrying food down to the lobby in boxes and then were rushed off to a photoshoot].

-=-PROPS-=-

Haseo [2nd Form] 1
Haseo [2nd Form] 2
Haseo [2nd Form] 3
Haseo [2nd Form] 4
ANIME: .hack//G.U.
PROP: "Broad Wheel" Broadsword

NOTE: This Haseo was AWESOME [and the only one there]! I don't care if he was black, it was still a perfect cosplay. He was such a good sport holding that 20-30 pound sword in the air while 10 people snapped several pictures of him. Upon asking him about the sword, he told me it was made out of wood and personally hand-painted. IS THAT NOT AWESOME?!

Valkyrie 1
Valkyrie 2
Valkyrie 3
ANIME: Unknown
PROP: Angel Wings

NOTE: I wanted to steal those wings. These wings were the single most awesome prop there. I saw her walking and saw the backpack-like thing with folded wings. When I approached her and asked for a picture, she said "Hold on a moment and let me set up." and girl walking with her then shouted "Everyone give her space! Wings unfolding here!" I took a picture before she unfolded them and then the second and third images are her with her wings unfolded. They hooked on some hinge inside the wings to stay out. I asked her what it was made out of, and she replied "A metal frame is actually under here with feather attached." These wings moved so gracefully that I believed they were real. OOO:

Kisame Hoshigaki
ANIME: Naruto
PROP: Samehada

NOTE: I didn't care for the cosplayers "face" as it seemed deviated from the person he was cosplaying, but look at that sword! It was covered with was appeared to be individually sautered on metal "scales" that must have made it weigh a-ton-and-a-half.

Sora [Master Form] & Sora [Final Form]
Sora [Final Form] Detail
Anime: Kingdom Hearts II
PROP: Ultima Weapon Keyblade, Oblivion Keyblade, Bond of Flame Keyblade

NOTE: To me, the Final Form Sora was more accurate than the Master Form. However, anyone who has the #^%$ to make an Ultima Keyblade is good on my list.

Kairi
ANIME: Kingdom Hearts II
PROP: True Heart [Kairi's Keyblade]

NOTE: I know I annoyed this girl. I saw the keyblade and really wanted a picture of it badly. She was shopping when I asked her, and she seemed perturbed that she had to pose AGAIN. Anyway, I loved the Keyblade, even though it was apparent that it belonged to the man she was with at the time.

Auron
ANIME: Kingdom Hearts II
PROP: Battlefields of War

NOTE: I classified this under Kingdom Hearts II because of his weapon's size. It's larger than any of Auron's in Final Fantasy X, so I thought it appropriate. Anywho, I'm not sure what exactly it was made out of.

Ikkaku Madarame 1
Ikkaku Madarame 2
ANIME: Bleach
PROP: Ryūmon Hōzukimaru

NOTE: This guy was an awesome sport. His back had to "pipes" that supported the back blade. It was tied around his waist and must have been very painful. I later saw him lieing on the floor with everything off save for the support. I later saw him again with everything back on, and then again leaned against a table [he's hard to miss]. Anywho, but the frayed edges on his blades, I believe his blades were made out of fiberglass.

Sakura Kinomoto, Fai D. Flowright, Syaoran Li 1
Sakura Kinomoto, Fai D. Flowright, Syaoran Li 2
ANIME: Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
PROP: Wing Staff, Jeweled Staff, Astologer's Staff

NOTE: Yes, I made up the names of the staffs. I don't care; they were never given any names. Anywho, the main reason I took their pictures was because of the staffs. I later found them in the Central Shoppin Area and took the second picture.

Lilith
ANIME: Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
PROP: Jo-Hali

NOTE: Anyway, this woman won the "Best Hat" award at AWA con. After wards, I asked her if she had made the hat completely from scratch and how long it took. She said "Yes, I made it. It was one of those 'Oh this seems simple enough' ideas that turns into this. It took me over 100 hours to made it." My picture made the eye look even more realistic.

-=-MISC-=-

Naruto Uzumaki & Sasuke Uchiha 1
Naruto Uzumaki & Sasuke Uchiha 2
Naruto Uzumaki & Sasuke Uchiha 3
Naruto Uzumaki & Sasuke Uchiha 4
Sakura Kinomoto [Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle]
Ichigo Kurosaki [Tensa Zangetsu]
Demyx & Saïx
Demyx & Saïx, Demyx
Demyx, Kairi, Riku, & Zexion
Riku Detail
Zexion & Axel
Sephiroth
Hikaru Hitachiin & Kaoru Hitachiin [The Twins Fight]
Maes Hughes, Alex Louis Armstrong, & Jean Havoc
Maes Hughes, Alex Louis Armstrong, & Jean Havoc 2
Maes Hughes Detail
Gaara of the Desert
Link
Vash the Stampede, Alucard, Quistis Trepe
Edward Elric
Marluxia & Kadaj
Cloud Strife [Advent Children]
Abel Nightroad
Abel Nightroad Detail 1
Abel Nightroad Detail 2
Abel Nightroad & Lilith Sahl
Kadaj
Kadaj & Cloud Strife
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Kite/Shugo <<KITE AZURE
Suiseiseki
Roxas [Deep Dive]
Abel Nightroad
Lavi
Monkey D. Luffy
Original Design [Kingdom Hearts]
Tseng, Elena, Vincent Valentine [Turk], Reno, Rude, & Tifa Lockhart [Advent Children]
Gaara & Temari
Zelda, Gothic Lolita
Unknown
No Face
Moogles
Jiraiya
Envy
Itachi Uchiha
Kankuro & Karasu
[Ball Jointed Envy Doll]
Original Design [Naruto]
Rude & Reno
Rosiel
Saki Kasukabe
Umbrella Corporation
Sol Badguy
Haku
Princess Hinoto
Yuna [Songstress]
Endrance 1
Endrance 2
Hollow Ichigo Kurosaki
Gate of Alchemy/Gate of Truth  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:36 am
biggrin Eee, good to know you had fun, Slate~

Wow. :O Those Hitachiin twins look really good! And WHOAMYGODHOLYCRAP at that Haseo. Pure badassery right there.

... That Kadaj has the perfect wig. o_o I want it. Not that I want to cosplay Kadaj, but that wig! OH GOD, ENVY'S CONTACTS. D: <3

I think I'm done talking in broken sentences. :O Awesome pictures.

OH HAY, are you ever going to cosplay~?  

fk12

yokaiy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:36 am
Wow, these are amazing! O: They kick the a** of my Otakon cosplay... *cries*

The anime for that girl with the eyeball hat is called "Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito", by the way. ^^; The hat's name is Jo-Hali, and the character's name is Lilith. >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:02 am
@fk12
Yes, hopefully. I'm thinking of going as Captain Aizen or as Vayne Solidor [Gives you a hint as to what I look like in real life]. I'm one of those people that say "Although I love [insert favorite anime character], I am not a size 0, so I'll go with a more 'filling' anime character."

@yokaiy
Thank you very much, but I don't even want to know how you know that

The Slate Scholar
Crew

yokaiy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:28 pm
The Slate Scholar

@yokaiy

Haha. XD I know about it from a manga scanlation site. I tried reading the manga for it, actually. It makes no sense. ._.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:54 am
Wicked awesome. Just looked through all of them and it makes me want to cosplay going to school. My friends and I did that at the end of the school year two years ago. We all dressed up like FF AC characters. I got to be Cloud and Rude.  

RivenPanic

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:59 am
You got to be Cloud and Rude? AT THE SAME TIME?!
CLUDE?!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:59 pm
The Slate Scholar
@fk12
Yes, hopefully. I'm thinking of going as Captain Aizen or as Vayne Solidor [Gives you a hint as to what I look like in real life]. I'm one of those people that say "Although I love [insert favorite anime character], I am not a size 0, so I'll go with a more 'filling' anime character."

@yokaiy

OMG DO VAYNE. DO IT. VAYNE'S A HOTTIE, SO DO IT. D<

<3333

Euphemius

Vice Captain

Lonely Explorer

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Yeah, I was going to say, if you cosplay Vayne, my lovely thirteen-year-old sister will find some way to stalk and molest you.

I'm glad you enjoyed your first convention, Slatey-poo. I didn't really enjoy mine since I was there for less than a day and none of my friends wanted to watch any of the events or walk around much. D:

How big is AWA anyways? I've always wanted to go to a big con (Anime Oasis only gets around 650 attendees due to the fact that the hotel it's held in is pretty small and there's a limited amount of tickets).

And I'm disappointed in you, mister. mad I WAS EXPECTING PICTURES OF YOU IN A PINK FRILLY APRON. OR HOLDING A SIGN SAYING "PPN > SLATE >GOD." I'm going to cut myself to sleep now!

Which reminds me, I made you a sign a while ago. I need to upload it and send it you ye.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:25 pm
THose are some kick a** Pictures Slate ;o!

ANYWAY::
YOU MUST COSPLAY AS VAYNE! DAMNIT D<
Vayne is made of love and joy

x-Rorein

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:43 am
KITE AZURE! :,D  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Wow, at least your con had .hack cosplayers gonk

It looks like you snuck that picture of Kite Azure. Were you too shy to even ask for a pose? Heh heh. That gate of alchemy is pretty clever, Suiseiseki is cute too. Your other unknown is Gilgamesh from Fate/stay night. I've never seen that anime though, I just know him.

Puppetry

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 pm
Actually, I did ask him to pose. That was his pose.
My friend was standing right next to me, so I think he
may have been staring at her. In fact, I saw him both
days I was there. He was with someone cosplaying as
Elk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:19 am
biggrin  

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Cosplay and Tekteks

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash