Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Nexon Cash...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:01 am
Pretty much all of us know what it is: It buys us items, hairstyles, Gachapon tickets, etc.; it causes chaos in some households, and overall, it's a way for Nexon to make profit. And since the topic itself is broad, here is somewhat of a spoon:

-What's your opinion on this system?
-Do you use Nexon Cash?
-How do/would you spend this currency? On clothes? Permanent changes?(i.e. hair/eyes/face/etc.) Gachapon tickets, hoping to strike gold? Something else?
-What kind of outfit do you wear/would you want to wear if you attain this cash?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:44 pm
Well,i only started the game yesterday and i see no point to it. i'm gonna be a warrior so i don't need different hair. items you can get them in game you know. there are still cool looking and good stat items in the game that you don't need nexon cash  

DrakeXenoblade

Skilled Hunter

5,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

slayer770die

Dangerous Genius

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:50 pm
he is right about Nexon getting money  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:31 pm
=Lindan Pearl=
Well,i only started the game yesterday and i see no point to it. i'm gonna be a warrior so i don't need different hair. items you can get them in game you know. there are still cool looking and good stat items in the game that you don't need nexon cash

The whole point of nexon cash is to buy their virtual clothes to change the appearance of your character.

It's to give originality, and uniqueness, so you don't end up looking like a boring normal character.

Basically, NX is the way to go, but it doesn't mean you have to.

I personally understand the NX cash system, and I'm quite ok with it.

Many other games use similar systems, per-say, Gunbounds Avatar Shop.

2moons has a DShop, though I don't know if it is open yet.

So on.

I like the permanent stuff alot, but I also love the clothes.

I believe they should make an option, to buy something permanently, but jack up the permanent price.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thats my new, more current look.

With my cape on, and my weapons and earrings unequipped, I've basically run around earlier saying I'm maple stories first, or new superhero.

Basically, I'm the first I've ever heard of besides the crappy stupid meso rangers, and if some people don't count that, I'm new. razz

<3

A Rusty Nail

TaerkDS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:12 am
Quote:

I think it's an organized system that allows people to change their character

Quote:
-Do you use Nexon Cash?

Yes, I do when I have the chance.

Quote:
-How do/would you spend this currency? On clothes? Permanent changes?(i.e. hair/eyes/face/etc.) Gachapon tickets, hoping to strike gold? Something else?

I changed my eyes and hair already, so I only get hair when it's on sale or really want to. When I'm low on mesos I use what I have on gachapon.

Quote:
-What kind of outfit do you wear/would you want to wear if you attain this cash?

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:20 am
My opinion on nx cash is pretty positive. You're basically donating a few bucks to the organization, and you get cool stuff for it too. If you have the money, why not?
About the "chaos in households" part..I find that really hilarious. No explanation needed.
I have nx on my characters...I only bought clothes, a pet and stuff for it...they're just cute. ^^ I don't care if some people call it a waste, I went on maple just for fun, nothing else.

Leillie

1,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100

NennyChan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:38 am
­

I agree with Leillie ~
If we don't buy cash from them, then how are they going to keep
working in all their work for MS? =O
When we pay, they use that money to maintain MS up. At least the
game is free though~

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:22 pm
I think that the permanent features are somewhat worth it...

But there are reported accounts of stupid greedy 12 year olds stealing their parent's credit cards to buy NX cash.

I'vce spent 35$ on maple, and I won't spend any more.

Also, buying NX doesn't necessarily help you if you have problems with the game working. Nexon will treat you with the same crap as a non-NX cash person, with support.  

Nekenshi

Darkaznstargoddess

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:54 pm

Its kind of a waste to have if you don't play frequently, like log on everyday and play for a certain time. I won't charge nx unless I am certain I am committed to playing those three months.

-Do you use Nexon Cash?

Yes.

I spend it on cloths of course. Sorry once you get into a certain level community/society, everyone has it. It makes me feel left out when I don't have any on.

Occasionally I'll get Friendship ring with my best friend to show the sever how strong our friendship is and how much they mean to me. ^^

[As for CR and Marriage.. Eh.. I'll wait for the guy..
<3]

And yes I spend nx on s.megas too but I don't mega stupid things.
I mega when my friends reach major milestones. Ex; level 150. heart
Birthdays or just sweet messages I want to send them. ^^

The shop is a good feature but I rarely use it.

I spend nx on a pet just cause it helps with trainning. Its more efficient since you don't have to loot. So no time wasted looting.

Hm..
Let me get my outfits I've worn before.

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At the moment I already have my next outfit visualized in my head. Just don't have the nx to make it a reality nor the ability to play as much as i used to with university.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:50 pm
=Lindan Pearl=

Well, yeah... Of course it isn't needed.
But it makes your game-play more luxurious and... better overall.
If you're a train-freak, then sure, you don't need NX.
(I fail to see how being a warrior means you don't need different hair. o.o)

Well, to me... NX is... amazing.
Perfect.
Awesome.
Why? Well, it makes things limited.
Unique. You look different, stylish, and overall...
You have more fun?
I look HORRIBLE in my normal clothes. I love that Nexon did this.
And SP/AP Resets? Love that they gave us that chance.

I do use NX all of the time.
I use it on.... Well... Clothes, SP Resets, Eyes, and, as of now, I've been thinking about a marriage ring. rolleyes
Sometimes SMegas, only for recruiting for guilds or something... random? I used one saying "Oh, bugga" once. <3
Just look at my character.
He's had so many outfits, I can't name them all.
I get new ones every time I run out.

Overall, most people in higher levels have it. It's like a status to judge people on their experience- Which is.. a very odd way.
Whatever. Don't call me an NX whore, either, because I DO NOT use SMegas like crazy, I don't change my hair and eyes each time, and I do not buy pets every time.
Understand?  

Zarow

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces