Submit

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:57 pm
My goal is to make Christian manga and anime. but good stuff, not stuff for little kids. feel free to voice opinions and ideas. but be gentle.

burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:47 pm
The Flying House and Super Book are two anime that while made for children bring out a lot of biblical stories and was actually quite entertaining.

Serenity is a manga which the Christian mindset but I absolutely hate it because unlike the anime where it is just a retelling of the stories in the bible, the manga goes so far as to say that if your not Christian, then you are not good. It even questions the humanity in people that are not devout Christians which is something I am completely against. This is made for teenagers unlike the animes.

There are a TON of nuns and priest in anime that do not have a Christian banner hanging over it and they usual portray these characters as fighters or fan service which is what I doubt you are looking for.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:29 am
I agree. I used to watch Superbook and flying house and I've read the Serenity comics. 3nodding
One of My goals in creating Christian anime is to portray Christians realisticaly, as people who are as flawed as any one else, but trying to follow Jesus faithfully.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:33 am
0.0 ok well arr I guess good luck  

Guilty Membrane

Lunar Angel666

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:54 pm
I wish you much luck....you'll have to let us know how it goes mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:38 pm
Thanx i will. but it's gonna take time wink  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Vaknar21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:25 pm
Christian manga and anime?? Interesting...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:44 pm
Ophelianime
I agree. I used to watch Superbook and flying house and I've read the Serenity comics. 3nodding
One of My goals in creating Christian anime is to portray Christians realisticaly, as people who are as flawed as any one else, but trying to follow Jesus faithfully.

That'd be nice to see; most of the Christians in anime and manga aren't realistic at all. How many nuns/priests do you know that carry a gun, seriously?  

palindrome88

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:08 am
None. They simply aren't allowed to do that.

It's an interesting idea non the less, but doesn't seem very developed or thought out yet, given more time though I'm sure you'll figure out exactly what your trying to do and how to do. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:30 pm
Oh it's actually not that hard. All you have to do is make up a story and introduce Christianity. at least thats the simplified version. rofl  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Bou-Chan11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:37 pm
That's an awesome idea!! I used to watch Super Book a lot and now I watch it with my little sister! We both love it!! I wish you luck in your project! It's a great idea!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:56 pm
Ophelianime
Oh it's actually not that hard. All you have to do is make up a story and introduce Christianity. at least thats the simplified version. rofl
Simplified huh? Even so that doesn't sound the easiest but you seem pretty determined so I'm sure you'll do it.  

Dariram
Crew

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:05 pm
Oh definietly. I remember growing up not being allowed to watch Sailor Moon, and a lot of Christian kids aren't allowed to eaither. I'd like to give them cool anime that their parents wouldn't object to. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:40 pm
Ophelianime
Oh definietly. I remember growing up not being allowed to watch Sailor Moon, and a lot of Christian kids aren't allowed to eaither. I'd like to give them cool anime that their parents wouldn't object to. biggrin

Awwww, reallly?! That sucks, my mom still allowed me to. It's a great idea to make some christian anime and manga. I hope you eventually reach it heart  

LeeLi

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:15 pm
yeah, it'd also be a good way to spread the good news. whee  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items