Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Warlord Titan project (Aka, BigZam's Mass Production Run)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:18 am

Okay. I am going to be constructing from scratch a Warlord Titan.

Now, according to the stats, a reaver is twice as big as a warhound and the warlord is THREE times larger than the warhound. However Forge World's new Reaver is barely one and a half times the size of the warhound.

Question the first. Warlord - 2, 2.5 or 3 times size of Warhound?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:46 am

Well, I think that if you made it anywhere in the range that it'd look just as menacing, but if possible, I say that you should try and make it 3x.

Xenos Mortium

wash_away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:24 pm

Xenos Mortium
Well, I think that if you made it anywhere in the range that it'd look just as menacing, but if possible, I say that you should try and make it 3x.

but keep in mind that the bigger it is, transportation and how much of the board it will take up. also if its standing erect it could be x3 but crouching it wouldn't be as tall.

*rawr*
User Image
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:14 pm

ITZ A CASTLEBOT!
I'm not building a castle on my titan... xd
I guess as it's the BIG zam, i'm allowed to make it a bit on the ********' huge size.
Primary materials will be Plasticard and Foamcore, so weight isn't really a problem. Sizewise, it can clearly stomp on a Landraider quite happily.

Ophiuchus

Andreis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:56 am

xD
It looks like it is supposed to resemble an Imperator class titan

Oh and as for input on your warlord?

Good luck!
Wow...
I would definitely suggest going to the max of 3x. *nods*
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:28 am

Painting Log Of Crazy Skill

scroll down and theres some crazy leg action. Might help with some ideas or something.

FrogMatic

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm

FrogMatic

scroll down and theres some crazy leg action. Might help with some ideas or something.
Oh, I already OWN a Warhound. I want to make a WarLORD 3nodding

It is settled. BigZam will be THREE times the size of a Warhound.
It will have five toes - One at the rear, four at the front.
Its legs will work more like a person's, than the Warhound's chicken leg construction.
I've even found a piece in my bitzbox to use as the figurehead piece on the chest. cool
Now, what about weapons mounts? The Warlord, IIRC has FOUR mounts.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Ophiuchus
ITZ A CASTLEBOT!
I guess as it's the BIG zam, i'm allowed to make it a bit on the ********' huge size.
Primary materials will be Plasticard and Foamcore, so weight isn't really a problem. Sizewise, it can clearly stomp on a Landraider quite happily.

where do you get your plasticard? becuase if its that huge thats going to get pricey as hell.

wash_away

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:26 pm

wash_away
Ophiuchus
ITZ A CASTLEBOT!

where do you get your plasticard? becuase if its that huge thats going to get pricey as hell.
I plan to use the plasticard for only detail and curved bits. The main flat shite will be made of foamcore. While a fragile material, it CAN be used to great effect to make stuff.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=844735
This picture shows two guns I made. The black one is entirely made of Foamcore. The silver one is made of Foamcore, layered with Plasticard.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:59 pm

Ophiuchus
FrogMatic

Oh, I already OWN a Warhound. I want to make a WarLORD 3nodding

It is settled. BigZam will be THREE times the size of a Warhound.
It will have five toes - One at the rear, four at the front.
Its legs will work more like a person's, than the Warhound's chicken leg construction.
I've even found a piece in my bitzbox to use as the figurehead piece on the chest. cool
Now, what about weapons mounts? The Warlord, IIRC has FOUR mounts.
Argh my eye are playing tricks *shakes head* I could of sworn it said... redface nevermind *hides in corner*

FrogMatic

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:26 am

Gyahahahaha.
Once the BigZam is mass-produced, we'll put an end to the war in no time!
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games