Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
How I wanted to slap this little girl... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you have done to this little girl?
I would've just ignored her comment, and smiled.
31%
 31%  [ 18 ]
I would've drop kicked this girl to another universe.
39%
 39%  [ 23 ]
I would've eaten a sammich. :3
29%
 29%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 58

~PhAnToM PoPtArTs~

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:55 am
I'm a volunteer babysitter at this local day care we have in my town. Yesterday, at lunch time, there was this girl that needed me to open her milk carton.
She said, "Are you Chinese?" and I said, "Yes, I am." and then gave her a smile. And she arrogantly said, "Why didn't you stay in China? Why are you living in America?" I just kind of looked at her for a second, and said, "Because my parents immigrated here for educational purposes." She just kinda stared at me, and then ran off. I was so offended by her comment, but I held back my anger and dismissed it as childhood ignorance.
Okay, so basically, my discussion is, are kids getting more racist because of conflicts resulting from cultural/racial/religious differences, and their parents teaching them to not trust foreigners because of these differences, or are they just young children, curious as to why foreigners immigrate?
This isn't trying to offend anyone, I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:19 am
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Ouch. That hurts me and I'm not even in your situation, or Chinese xd . My parents moved here for the same reason yours did.
I remember posting in the Chat bar; Children these days aren't as respectful as they used to be. Parents aren't disciplining their children like they used to. Back in Asia, discipline is still big. Here we have the sly comments on Asians being smart, but really we can thank that to our parents for smacking us with bamboo sticks (exaggeration.) I know some other people who have parents that discipline them to such an extent that their grades are high and that they're more respectful towards others. I'm sure that if my parents didn't hammer politeness and curtousy, I'd be a horrible stupid person. This is not the case for everyone though. I'm pretty sure there are those out there who have horrible parents and have told themselves that they don't like to be like their parents.

Another example of the discipline thing: A pair of white parents adopt an asian child and a pair of asian parents adopt a white child. The Asian parents are more likely to discipline the white child heavier than the White parents with the Asian child. Of Course this is more generalization.

I also think that if you weren't disciplined by your parents, you'd have hit that girl rofl
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Animaznboy

CARLY GAY JEPSEN

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:34 am
This girl, how old was she? If she's under 10, she might not understand the fact that people migrate. Please don't blame her, maybe she grew up with few to none foreign people.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

I don't think it's literally a racism case, but like you said, childhood ignorance.

I don't really get children nowdays. I have to say that during all my primary school, I considered everyone equal to me; I just didn't get why people were peeking on a normal person whose race was different from theirs. Why didn't certain people think like I did? Chances are that they never really lived around immigrants and couldn't get used to differences, which is a waste.

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

miko chizaru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:22 am
wow, that wasnt nice of her. mabe her familly didnt tell her it's wrong to say that  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:10 am
Man I would want to slap her across the face too. I hate ppl who ask so many questions.  

xXTsubasaNoHikariXx

henred5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:59 am
Most children these days don't get disciplined like they used to in the past - which is a great shame. I'm sure in the future the girl will wonder why she was so ignorant.
Some modern day families can't seem to handle their kids, but most modern day Asian families can..I just find that odd.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:56 pm
It doesnt seem like my parents discipline me much now but they did their fair share with me as a kid. so they can ease back now. but I look at kids nowadays. they can't speak their parents language, read it or anything. also they are quite rude. It makes me quite sad.  

ShigureAishite

Fuku Taichou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:29 pm
How old is this girl, though? Lots of times, kids don't quite have a sense of manners and stuff like that. That's why you sometimes see them lovingly touching garbage cans (it's gross!) and asking questions that otherwise would seem too straightforward. ...Like for instance, if someone has a lisp, a kid might come out and say, "What's wrong with the way you talk?" just because they've never really encountered someone with a lisp. If this kid was young (which I'm hoping she was) then she might just be curious because she knows China is a different country...

If she's like 12, then yeah it's more about either her personal beliefs or the way her parents raised her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:20 pm
She was about nine years old.
I don't know why she asked me that question though.
She seemed pretty happy with the Filipino/Caucasian boy.  

~PhAnToM PoPtArTs~

BeiZhiMing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:44 pm
well everyone at my school calls me chinese even though im japanese lol sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:28 am
wow i can see y u wanted to do that  

Levi53

Kuroi Kohhi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:15 am
never blame teh kids its usually the enviroment in which one child is raised so i would of replied something not mean or anything  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:07 pm
a lot of times young children say stuff that they know nothing about, just because they heard the adults talking about it...most probably she heard that phrase from her parents (not necessarily parents, but they should be the most influencial), and whoever said that phrase always says bad things against the chinese, so she thought you were dangerous sweatdrop  

thejrockstar

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces