Reply Music - Related Topics
Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:34 pm

I'm tired of all the mushy love songs that I began to revolve around with my ex, but i've realized I havn't listened to much besides that since I met him.

I'm more into punk than anything and I love female vocals, but i'm pretty much asking for reccomendations on good bands and such.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:10 pm

Female punk groups?

The early work of Siouxsie and the Banshees comes to mind, as ofcourse does X-ray Spex. Neither really made what you'd typically consider love songs.

Of new-wave (the poppy mainstream sister of punk), I'd suggest the highly-political and highly-feminist Le Tigre. Nothing "lovey-dovey" about them, even if they can be a bit (mock-) cutesy.

If you're a fan of classic punk, post-punk, new-wave, and goth-rock, I'd suggest Nouvelle Vague. The modern group does nothing but bossa nova covers of the aforementioned genres. While they do lapse into love songs every so often, they've a fairly large selection of sources.

GilAskan
Crew

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:25 pm

GilAskan
Female punk groups?

The early work of Siouxsie and the Banshees comes to mind, as ofcourse does X-ray Spex. Neither really made what you'd typically consider love songs.

Of new-wave (the poppy mainstream sister of punk), I'd suggest the highly-political and highly-feminist Le Tigre. Nothing "lovey-dovey" about them, even if they can be a bit (mock-) cutesy.

If you're a fan of classic punk, post-punk, new-wave, and goth-rock, I'd suggest Nouvelle Vague. The modern group does nothing but bossa nova covers of the aforementioned genres. While they do lapse into love songs every so often, they've a fairly large selection of sources.

I do like Siouxsie and Tha Banshees, but I ended up looking in the Female Rockers forum and got a good list going. Thanks, though. =)
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games