Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Wait--Diet?! I DON'T WANNA

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Linnie Chan-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:27 am
Yes, yes, it's true ladies and gentlemen, Nikolita has been put on a...-GASP- diet! By a...-whispers- Doctor..

Not~ Because I am overweight, because I have actually lost a fair amount of weight since I had my last journal up. I am at a solid 131lbs. And I am staying there, and eating. Not quite healthy eating, but I can eat anything, and stay at 131.

Lately, I have been experiencing insomnia, and excruciatingly painful headaches. I went to the doctor, and they gave me some medicine for my insomnia, and put me on the -drumroll- Migraine Diet! It's rather unfortunate.

This is a very, very strict diet. Infact, I am having to change my whole life around for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:29 am
The Infamous List:
This is the list of foods that I am not allowed to eat, for my diet.

Dairy (Especially cheese)
Chocolate
Citrus fruits
Hot dogs
Monosodium glutamate
Aspartame
Fatty foods
Ice cream
Caffeine withdrawal
Alcoholic drinks, especially red wine and beer
Wheat
Corn
Cornsyrup and anything containing cornsyrup (Read the labels!)
Sugar
Animal products
Fried and oily foods
Spicy foods
Coffee
Caffeinated tea
Alcohol
Banana
Beef, pork
Beer
Cheese, especially yellow ripened
Chicken liver
Egg Plant
Fish, shellfish
Processed meat, such as salami
Sauerkraut
Tempeh, tofu, miso, tamari
Spinach
Strawberry
Tomato, tomato sauce, tomato paste
Wine
Yeast and foods containing yeast
Pineapple  

-Linnie Chan-

-Linnie Chan-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:33 am
So, with all those things being cut out of my diet, that leaves me with, well, something, I'm sure! This will be a good learning experience for me, and any help would be MUCH appreciated. So, if you have any suggestions, I will quote them, and they'll end up here~

Fan+asmagoric
My mother is on a diet that excludes many of the same things as the migraine diet does.

She is also a Pescetarian (Fish eating "Vegetarian").

One thing she has learned is that if you want good food, you have to make it yourself.

Karina's Kitchen: Recipes from a [Gluten-Free] Goddess

I realize you can eat gluten, but my mother found this website particularly good because the author uses Agave syrup in place of sugar and she also includes a good selection of vegan foods.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:40 am
Unfortunately, there is no exact goal weight, for this.
Infact, I don't even really want to lose weight, but I know it is going to happen. So instead, I have a different kind of goal!

Goal: To go one full week without a migraine, and be able to sleep 8 straight hours without medication, and to wake up and be happy, healthy, and feel alive. To be able to concentrate, and think straight, and able to pay attention for at least an hour at a time.

^^;;  

-Linnie Chan-

AlleriaX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:49 pm
It sounds to me like a salad would be good to try. Lettuce, strawberries, Nuts, olives, mushrooms, radishes, green onion with an olive oil and Balsamic vinegar dressing. Add chicken strips if desired.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games