Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Specific Anime/Manga Subforum
Bleach question would you rather be a quincey or soulreaper?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one
  Quincey I want a bow & arrow that draw in energy that's got potential for lots of power
  Soul Reaper I want my own uniquie sword + "Quincey" just sounds too gay
View Results

MistressOfTheShadows

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:58 pm
Shinigami: Shinigami (Soul Reapers in the official English editions, Death Gods in most subtitled versions) are the psychopomps of Bleach. They are souls with inner spiritual power, recruited from the ranks of the residents and nobility of Soul Society. Like all spirits, they cannot be detected by normal humans. Shinigami use their zanpakutō, supernatural swords that are the manifestation of their owners' power, to perform soul burials on pluses. Shinigami also use zanpakutō and magic known as kidō to fight their archrivals, the hollows. A group of shinigami known as the vizard have also obtained hollow powers through illegal means, gaining removable masks and access to certain hollow abilities.

Quincy: The Quincy are a clan of spiritually aware humans who once fought against the hollows, using weapons composed of spiritual energy to slay them. As opposed to shinigami, Quincy absorb and channel energy from their surroundings to fight. Unlike the shinigami method of killing hollows which allows the hollow to enter Soul Society, the Quincy technique simply destroys the hollow's soul entirely. This method has the propensity to shatter the balance of the universe, because when souls are destroyed, the number of souls entering and leaving Soul Society cannot remain equal. This issue prompted the shinigami to conduct a campaign to exterminate the Quincy about 200 years before the main storyline. At least two Quincy still remain.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:12 pm
i mean theres a whole lot of soul repeatrs and all the quiny died i dont wanna die SOL REAPS FOREVER  

flaming_bass

Imperfect Hope

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:33 pm
I would want to be a quincy. They suit my personality more smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:41 am
I want to be a soul reaper, and my bankai would be the power of water and ice. lol so ITs like the 10th captain.  

DN_Daisuke101

muzuka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:06 am
Soul Reaper hands down for sure i have no idea what kind of zanpakutou i would have though.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:20 am
of course i would rather soulreaper (shinigami)  

Temangy

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:36 am
It was a tough call for me. I love bows and arrows and if you ask me, the quincys are much more stylish. but I still had to go with being a soul reaper because you have much more power and your sword can be you friend. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:20 am
Hmm, Shinigami is definitely the go for me. I've always preferred them over Quincy's. Shinigami's are the official Hollow slayers. They simply have appeal to me more.  

Dark()Shinobi

mAn-kAt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:01 am
I personally would rather be a Death God for a few reasons. One, the Quincy's died out many a years ago. Two, when you use your full power you lose your power (from what I have seen anyways). Three, the word Quincy does not fit well with me (in other words, it sounds kind of gay (not meaning to be offensive to other people))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:07 pm
I want to be a shinigami!!!

because you get to have your own soul slayer and stuff!!! smile  

pearlcute

Grolog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:48 pm
I think that Death Gods are way better because when using Zanpacto or however you spell it its different for each person and each have their own unique a** kicking power, unlike a quicny who all have the same bow and arrow thing. Lame!!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:45 pm
Shinigami hands down! I don't even need to give you a reason because you all know Soul Reapers are better.

P.S. quincies are still alright though  

Blizzard198

Specific Anime/Manga Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces