Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
grrr hunger

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:26 pm
Soo I eat lunch in school at 1030 and when I get home at 2 Im sooo hungry.
Dinner isnt till 7ish

Water doesnt help and neither does gum sad

So what are other things I can eat that might help the growling stomach of mine?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:23 pm
A light snack ^^; some fruit or a small salad with mostly veggies OR a fruit smoothie :3  

Jeshicat

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:19 pm
Piece of fruit
Glass of milk
Carrot or celery sticks
Handful of raisins
Pita and a little hummous
Fruit juice (100%, not with added sugar)
Bagel -- better it should be a Lite bagel
1 ounce of cheese (especially good with a sliced apple)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:12 am
Apple and cheese is a great suggestion. In fact, eat a small amount of protein with any carbs, it'll help keep your hunger cravings down.

A handful of nuts is good, too, like almonds-- it's got a lot of protein and a little carbs, so you'll get a small, sustained energy boost until your next meal. Have them with an apple, even.

A small bowl of oatmeal with a bit of fruit or nuts and milk.

A small salad without too much dressing; toss a bit of cheese or sunflower seeds in as well.

If you drink juice, always have a small piece of cheese or a few nuts with it (see carb warning above) to control blood sugar spikes and keep you full longer.  

Reverend Smooth

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:07 pm
Some favorite healthy snacks of mine are fruit (fresh or dried), baked chips or crackers, baby carrots (they come in snack packs now!), cereal (healthy cereals are good for snacks as well as breakfast!), and light yogurt. You should always allow yourself a (healthy) snack between lunch and dinner; not only does it satisfy your hunger but it also makes it more likely that you won't pig out at dinner. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:47 am
10:30? What a bad school .....

Your body likes to be fed, it does not like to feel hungry. When your body doesn't know where its next meal is coming, it stores everything as nasty nasty fat for later.

In a beautiful world you would eat a good 4 to 5 meals a day about every 3 to 4 hours. Snacks are good things, (if you eat healthy choices that is), and should never be frowned upon. Lots of small meals, rather than three big meals are key.  

Soi Tsuba

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:00 pm
Holy crap a small handful of cashews or peanuts or even a tablespoon of peanut butter will hold you over like magiiiic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:23 am
I suggest tons and tons of water, followed by some healthy fruits. Eventually you're body will take the hint. ;]  

Ruzique

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games