Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Literate Intermediate One-on-One RPs (Always Interested) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:13 am
Introduction: First of all, don't say I haven't looked for a roleplay before posting this, because I have. Unfortunately, no one seems interested in the kind of rps I like; either that, or their rps are already long underway. Thus, I decided to make one of these nifty rp recruitment threads.

About Me: Okay, things you might find interesting or useful about me. For starters, I'm female (if my username and avatar didn't clue you in), 18, have been roleplaying on and off for about six to seven years, and I consider myself to be at the intermediate level. I normally write an average of two to three normal-sized paragraphs in each post, more or less depending on how my partner writes. I pride myself in being quite literate, thank you very much, and I can't tolerate those who don't proofread their posts or at least know the difference between its and it's. What else? Oh, while I have nothing against group rps, I never seem to catch them at the right time, and often they move too fast for me to keep up. Thus, I mostly just do one-on-one rps. If, however, you know of a group rp that only has a few people and might move a little slower, please point me in that direction. I've discovered the best kind of rp is one that has some kind of definite structure, like a quest or something. Fan RPs are especially good at this, but original ones can be just as fun if such a structure is figured out beforehand. I think I've had enough of the "my char walks into a tavern, meets your char, and hopefully something will spark between them." Also, I am always open to another one-on-one rp.

Requirements: Most of these are pretty obvious (at least to me).
1. Follow all the rules of this site and guild (as if you weren't going to).
2. I will not roleplay with you if you are not literate and intermediate.
3. I aim for the long-term. Too many times have I started a roleplay, and just when I was beginning to have fun, my partner would disappear off the face of the earth. I'm sure we've all had similar experiences, so if you say you want to roleplay with me, I expect you to be committed to roleplaying with me long-term. I will expect you to let me know if you're getting bored with the rp, and if one of us is silent for a while I fully expect us to let each other know the reason for the silence. If I start a roleplay with you, I am issuing you a measure of trust, and I don't want that trust broken as it has been so many times before. I want to be able to trust that you won't simply disappear without at least telling me first.
4. I will expect you to be able to hold your own with the story. Just because I'm the one recruiting doesn't mean you can be lazy.
5. If romance enters our rp, I would greatly appreciate it if you could keep all sexually suggestive material out. I don't want to read or write anything beyond kissing and that sort of thing.
6. Don't swear just for the sake of it. I personally find swears extremely offensive, words that pollute our language. I can, however, understand if a character gets really angry and swears, or something like that, but I would urge you to not use such coarse language unless absolutely necessary. Swearing doesn't make you or your character cool.

Possible RPs:
3nodding = definitely!
confused = provided you can help me come up with some kind of structure
talk2hand = NEVER!!

Any
Some fan thing I don't know - talk2hand
Yaoi/yuri/gay - talk2hand
Canon chars of something - talk2hand

Original RPs
Medieval fantasy - confused
Sci-fi - confused
Techno fantasy (fantasy with technology, such as Final Fantasy or Jak and Daxter) - confused 3nodding
Modern - talk2hand (unless there's a twist of some kind)
High school - talk2hand
Slave - confused
Historical - confused talk2hand
Vampire - talk2hand
Superhero/X-Men/Hancock-ish RP - 3nodding
Dragon Riders - 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

Fan RPs: Movies
Star Wars: Jedi Master/Padawan - 3nodding
Star Wars: other (bounty hunters, diplomats, etc.) - 3nodding confused

Fan RPs: Books
Harry Potter: original chars - 3nodding
Abhorsen/Old Kingdom - 3nodding
His Dark Materials: Lyra's world - confused
His Dark Materials: other worlds - talk2hand
Lord of the Rings - talk2hand (I've tried, and it never works)

Fan RPs: Video Games
Final Fantasy X: summoner pilgrimage - 3nodding
Jak and Daxter: Haven City original chars - confused
Myst - 3nodding confused

Fan RPs: Anime/Manga
Fullmetal Alchemist: original chars - 3nodding 3nodding
Haibane Renmei: original chars - 3nodding
Wolf's Rain: original chars - 3nodding confused

So...yeah. Those were all the possible rps I could think of. I apologize if I'm too demanding; I'm just tired of doing rps that suck. Feel free to post here or PM me if you're at all interested.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:22 am
Hey, I remember you! Did we RP together or did I just see you around?

Well, I am glad to see you around again and may be interested in RPing with you. I'm pretty sure that I can meet all of your requirements. I have, once or twice, accidentally forgotten or dropped an RP, but I also really hate it when people do that to me. I've learned to bookmark the thread and that should take care of that. I love long-term RPs and I do not mind providing the structure for a fantasy RP. The only thing is that I won't be able to post every day. I tend to manage once, sometimes twice, a week in my other RP(s).  

MrsMica
Crew

Zamilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:39 am
Hello, I might not end up typing too much here at the moment, since this is sort of just a quick request. Though I'm sort of new to Gaia RPing. I do believe I might be an intermediate Rper though, since I have been roleplaying for about three to four years now, just not on Gaia. I'd sort of be interested in maybe three RP ideas at the moment that you have on your list. There's the Abhorsen/Old Kingdom idea, I kinda just love that book. Then there's also the Fullmetal Alchemist, or Wolf's Rain one. I don't really have an idea for a way to start them at the moment, but if need be I'm sure I can come up with something. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:34 am
Penden
Hey, I remember you! Did we RP together or did I just see you around?

Well, I am glad to see you around again and may be interested in RPing with you. I'm pretty sure that I can meet all of your requirements. I have, once or twice, accidentally forgotten or dropped an RP, but I also really hate it when people do that to me. I've learned to bookmark the thread and that should take care of that. I love long-term RPs and I do not mind providing the structure for a fantasy RP. The only thing is that I won't be able to post every day. I tend to manage once, sometimes twice, a week in my other RP(s).

Oh! Hey, Penden! Yeah, I remember you. We roleplayed something about these guys who got dragon wings or something, didn't we? It got boring after a while, though....

I'm definitely interested in seeing if we can't come up with a good rp together. I think I have a better idea now of what a roleplay should be like, and the responsibilities of the participants. Plus, I've discovered that I actually can post a reasonable amount in each post, so I'm a bit more confident in my rping skills than I was in our last rp. If you have some ideas for plots and settings and such, I'd be glad to hear them. We can brainstorm back and forth a bit till we find one we both like. Oh, and don't worry about not being able to post every day. As long as I know you're going to reply, that's fine ^_^

Zamilla
Hello, I might not end up typing too much here at the moment, since this is sort of just a quick request. Though I'm sort of new to Gaia RPing. I do believe I might be an intermediate Rper though, since I have been roleplaying for about three to four years now, just not on Gaia. I'd sort of be interested in maybe three RP ideas at the moment that you have on your list. There's the Abhorsen/Old Kingdom idea, I kinda just love that book. Then there's also the Fullmetal Alchemist, or Wolf's Rain one. I don't really have an idea for a way to start them at the moment, but if need be I'm sure I can come up with something.

Awesome! I love fan rps. Which do you think you'd like to do most, out of FMA, Abhorsen, and Wolf's Rain? I've never done a Wolf's Rain one myself, but as I was typing up the list it just occurred to me that such a roleplay was possible. I mean, we could both be wolves seeking Paradise or something. FMA would probably entail something with alchemists (State Alchemists?), maybe even a couple State Alchemists in the Ishbal annihilation campaign? Abhorsen would just be awesome, you know. I mean, there's already classes all set out. We could be Abhorsens, Charter Mages, Clayr, or just random anybodies. I'm doing an rp with a friend that happens in the Interregnum, and it seems to work well. I mean, nobody really knows what happened then anyway, so the characters are free to do what we want them to.

Anyway, those are just some ideas off the top of my head, and I'm equally willing to try any of them. Or do you have some other ideas? I'm all ears mrgreen  

Griselda Banks

Zamilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:52 pm
Quote:
Awesome! I love fan rps. Which do you think you'd like to do most, out of FMA, Abhorsen, and Wolf's Rain? I've never done a Wolf's Rain one myself, but as I was typing up the list it just occurred to me that such a roleplay was possible. I mean, we could both be wolves seeking Paradise or something. FMA would probably entail something with alchemists (State Alchemists?), maybe even a couple State Alchemists in the Ishbal annihilation campaign? Abhorsen would just be awesome, you know. I mean, there's already classes all set out. We could be Abhorsens, Charter Mages, Clayr, or just random anybodies. I'm doing an rp with a friend that happens in the Interregnum, and it seems to work well. I mean, nobody really knows what happened then anyway, so the characters are free to do what we want them to.

Anyway, those are just some ideas off the top of my head, and I'm equally willing to try any of them. Or do you have some other ideas? I'm all ears

I think currently, I'd be more interested in the Abhorsen rp. ^-^ I just have absolutly no idea how to start it, heh. It's just so very easy to work with really, being filled with so many easy ideas to bring up, since there are unlimited amount of possible greater dead or something. Before anything though, would this end up being a sort of romance, like with the first book, Sabriel? I seem to notice that most of them do turn to end up that way, and if so, would you be more comfortable being male or female? Or even either? I'm good with both so it doesn't really make much of a difference to me biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:06 pm
Okay, Abhorsen it is! I'm assuming one of us would want to be an Abhorsen, right? It's just too cool of an opportunity to pass up blaugh I've never played an Abhorsen before (in the only other Abhorsen rp I've ever done, my friend was the Abhorsen); I'm a little scared to attempt it myself, but I think it might be interesting to try. Or if you want to be an Abhorsen, I don't mind that either. I don't care either way if it's romance or not; I'm fine with it as long as you follow my fifth requirement ^_^ I'd like to try playing a boy, because the majority of my rp characters end up being girls for some reason (which is odd, because the majority of the main characters in the stories I write are male). Of course, this means I have to think up some kind of name eek *scurries around, panicking*  

Griselda Banks

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:59 am
Yes, I remember that RP, and kinda had the same experience. The character that I had chosen wasn't really fitting in, and it was in another guild I think, where I was part of only one other RP and that one really WAS very boring. I thought that it was interesting but didn't know where to take it, and I was probably trying to post too often/too quickly.

Are you interested in a story with deceit, family drama, psychological drama, general evil, and a baby?

I've got an idea along those lines, and I'm imagining it in a fantasy world or a world like ours without magic but lower tech. That's just kinda the default for me, though, if you would like some other genre. I've never played this idea before and probably need to flesh it out a bit more, so that once the characters start figuring out some of the lies, the RP still has something to go on. But I can put that effort into coming up with another idea if the vague description above does not entice you. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:41 am
Penden
Are you interested in a story with deceit, family drama, psychological drama, general evil, and a baby?

I've got an idea along those lines, and I'm imagining it in a fantasy world or a world like ours without magic but lower tech. That's just kinda the default for me, though, if you would like some other genre. I've never played this idea before and probably need to flesh it out a bit more, so that once the characters start figuring out some of the lies, the RP still has something to go on. But I can put that effort into coming up with another idea if the vague description above does not entice you. biggrin

No, no, I'm interested! biggrin Could you flesh it out just a bit? What sort of people would the characters be; I mean, what roles would they have to play? What would "family drama" entail?

Oh, and as for setting, would you be averse to it being what I like to call "techno fantasy"? Like, a mixture of medieval (or some other time period, like 1800s or turn-of-the-century or something) and technology above modern technology. Examples are Final Fantasy, Jak and Daxter, or Gankutsuou...if you know any of those stare  

Griselda Banks

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:31 am
I don't know of those, but I'd be delighted to have magic and technology. We could either decide ahead of time approximately what level and prevalence of both there would be. I'm running off to class right now, so I'll tell you more later, but basically your character would meet someone who tries to get them involved in the drama - so the way I was thinking, your character does not know any thing about it to start off with, that way I can lie to them. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:15 am
So, I'm kinda in class right now. ninja

So, the basic idea, without giving any thing away about who would be lying:
A young married couple are currently estranged. The father has the baby, which the mother is incredibly unhappy about. The father is in hiding and the mother is seeking out a sympathetic ear to help her retrieve her baby, by any means possible. (or, we could make it a young child is you prefer).

My original thought was that your character would encounter the mother, but the father would be fine too.

Her parents represent a mysterious 3rd party who are reluctant to get involved but eager to give their opinions. His parents live further away but have hired investigators to find their son, who has vanished as far as they're concerned. Neither set of parents seem to actually know what is going on; every one has a slightly different story.

The authorities are looking for both the mother and father, and visit the mother's family asking after her.

I wanted to add something about the mother's parents, since they live close, that she could use to entice strangers to help her. Perhaps they have a valuable item, political power in the town, or something else that they can offer while still avoiding personal involvement in the situation.

I think it would be cool if there was magic, but it was not as common as in most run-of-the-mill fantasy RPs. Your character could have magic, and that might be why the mother is trying to get them involved. Technology would be more readily available, although the best technology would be, of course, with the rich. If we had a city with scarce resources, we could balance the use of relatively advanced technology and magic and still have class division (rich v. poor).

Well that is my idea so far. Certainly not completely fleshed out, but the mother character has a definite goal (getting her baby back) and we can invent incentives for your character for the mother to use. I would also want to have a more over-arching theme so that, if they did get the baby or whatever, we could still have a place for the RP to go. Perhaps your character can bring some of that in, if you still like my idea. If you have an idea for your character, go ahead and throw it out there, and that will give us more to work with for developing the city and any possible sub/over-all plots that would keep your character engaged. Also, tell me if you want to know more about the personalities etc. of the characters that I've mentioned at some point, or if you want to have that revealed through the RP now that you have an idea of the conflict.  

MrsMica
Crew

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:07 pm
Got room for another? I should be able to get on 4-5 times a week, and very rarely on weekends, but it might happen. (I just figured I'd get that out of the way, since it's my biggest problem with roleplaying. I'm not on often enough.) If you're all right with that (I expect it shouldn't be a problem, since you said you don't like crazy-fast-moving RPs), then I'd like to toot my own horn and say that I think we'd hit it off well.

On the subject of, well, subject, I have a few from your list that I'd go for. I haven't seen or read Wolf's Rain in a long while, but I think I could still keep up with it, since it was one of my favourite animes for a long while. Haibane Renmei is also a favourite of mine, probably in my top ten. I'd definitely be up for a Haibane roleplay. The Final Fantasy X idea sounds fine, and I must admit that the original Harry Potter characters idea is very intriguing (though it isn't my first choice). 'Techno fantasy' would be pretty interesting as well.

I don't have any particular ideas off the top of my head, but I'm sure we could brainstorm something, and for that matter, I'm sure I'll have an idea or two or seven by tomorrow, when I should be able to get online.

This is my first post, I believe, in the guild. (I've been a member for some time, but only just got around to browsing it.) I consider myself an advanced roleplayer, though I'd have to find some sort of standards by which to measure myself. I'm 17 and have been roleplaying for upwards of nine years, and I've been writing as a hobby for even longer. (I think I started at age 6-7. Needless to say, I wasn't very good at the time. Thank Providence I stuck with it, though. smile )  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:58 am
Penden
I don't know of those, but I'd be delighted to have magic and technology. We could either decide ahead of time approximately what level and prevalence of both there would be. I'm running off to class right now, so I'll tell you more later, but basically your character would meet someone who tries to get them involved in the drama - so the way I was thinking, your character does not know any thing about it to start off with, that way I can lie to them. biggrin

Okay, this sounds like it could be fun. I like how my character would be on the outside, not really knowing what's going on internally. I don't really have a character in mind; I only have two ready-made characters that are very interesting, and I don't think they'd work very well in this rp. But I have a sort of vague idea; maybe my character could be a magic user the authorities brought in to help find the mother and father, and the mother would try to recruit my character's help since (s)he can use magic.

The way I understand it, you want magic to be used only by a select few? Like, the people who study really hard can do it, but it's not something that you see a lot? And what sort of time period would we base the world on? The ones that appeal the most to me are medieval and late 1800s-early 1900s (you know, with horse-drawn carriages and steam engines and such). The way it'd work with the technology would be for example, the "speeders" would look somewhat like carriages, and there would be automated horse-like robotic...things. Um...does that make any sense?

Like I said before, I don't really have a character already fleshed out, so I'm not sure what his/her motivations would be. Speaking of which, what do you think would be more conducive to the story and the characters? Should my character be male, or female? And I don't really have a problem with the roleplay actually ending once the baby is retrieved, or whatever goal is reached. It would be kind of outstanding if we actually got that far, I think ^_^

Oh, and I think it would be most interesting if my character encountered the mother, rather than the father. Also, don't worry about telling me the personalities of your characters. That will become apparent through the course of the story.

Ikken Isshu
Got room for another? I should be able to get on 4-5 times a week, and very rarely on weekends, but it might happen. (I just figured I'd get that out of the way, since it's my biggest problem with roleplaying. I'm not on often enough.) If you're all right with that (I expect it shouldn't be a problem, since you said you don't like crazy-fast-moving RPs), then I'd like to toot my own horn and say that I think we'd hit it off well.

On the subject of, well, subject, I have a few from your list that I'd go for. I haven't seen or read Wolf's Rain in a long while, but I think I could still keep up with it, since it was one of my favourite animes for a long while. Haibane Renmei is also a favourite of mine, probably in my top ten. I'd definitely be up for a Haibane roleplay. The Final Fantasy X idea sounds fine, and I must admit that the original Harry Potter characters idea is very intriguing (though it isn't my first choice). 'Techno fantasy' would be pretty interesting as well.

I don't have any particular ideas off the top of my head, but I'm sure we could brainstorm something, and for that matter, I'm sure I'll have an idea or two or seven by tomorrow, when I should be able to get online.

This is my first post, I believe, in the guild. (I've been a member for some time, but only just got around to browsing it.) I consider myself an advanced roleplayer, though I'd have to find some sort of standards by which to measure myself. I'm 17 and have been roleplaying for upwards of nine years, and I've been writing as a hobby for even longer. (I think I started at age 6-7. Needless to say, I wasn't very good at the time. Thank Providence I stuck with it, though. smile )

(First off, I just have to say that your black dragon is very cool. How expensive was it?) Okay, I definitely am interested in another roleplay. I don't mind getting in over my head (wow! Three rp requests already!); I've gone too long without really rping something worthwhile. The amount you can get on sounds great, a lot like me. The only qualms I have about roleplaying with you is that you said you consider yourself advanced. You know I said I write an average of 2-3 normal-sized paragraphs. In a roleplay I'm doing now, I've averaged four normal-sized paragraphs, but that's mainly because I'm being ignored and so I fill up the space with pointless descriptions and the rambling thoughts of my characters. How much do you normally write in a post? 'Cause if there's too much difference in the length of our post, I don't think it would work so well.

As for what we'd play, I'm up for any of the ones you mentioned; do you have a preference? I have characters already thought up for the FFX one, and I have a vague idea for a few Haibane, but I have no idea whatsoever about the Wolf's Rain one. Still, I find that my best characters are thought up on the spot, when I panic and realize that I need to come up with a character really quick, so I'm not really too worried if we decide to do a Wolf's Rain rp.

Ooh! I had an idea just now! Don't you think the Haibane Renmei rp would work better as a group rp? I don't know how many people here like or even know Haibane Renmei, but the setting is such that it would be nice to have several people doing it, not just two. What do you think? If there was a limited number of applicants (four? five?), it wouldn't move as fast. Does this interest you at all, or am I talking to a brick wall? We could still do a one-on-one rp, as well as the group one. Do you have any experience with being the GM of a group rp? 'Cause I've never been one.  

Griselda Banks

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:18 am
I'm cool with it ending with the baby and whatnot.
I think your character should be female if she's to meet the mother, that way there are no weird overtones and she'll be sympathetic.

You've got the idea of magic and tech that I do. Sorta almost steampunk, yes? Not too advanced but on a somewhat different path than our tech  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:37 am
(First off, I just have to say that your black dragon is very cool. How expensive was it?) Okay, I definitely am interested in another roleplay. I don't mind getting in over my head (wow! Three rp requests already!); I've gone too long without really rping something worthwhile. The amount you can get on sounds great, a lot like me. The only qualms I have about roleplaying with you is that you said you consider yourself advanced. You know I said I write an average of 2-3 normal-sized paragraphs. In a roleplay I'm doing now, I've averaged four normal-sized paragraphs, but that's mainly because I'm being ignored and so I fill up the space with pointless descriptions and the rambling thoughts of my characters. How much do you normally write in a post? 'Cause if there's too much difference in the length of our post, I don't think it would work so well.

As for what we'd play, I'm up for any of the ones you mentioned; do you have a preference? I have characters already thought up for the FFX one, and I have a vague idea for a few Haibane, but I have no idea whatsoever about the Wolf's Rain one. Still, I find that my best characters are thought up on the spot, when I panic and realize that I need to come up with a character really quick, so I'm not really too worried if we decide to do a Wolf's Rain rp.

Ooh! I had an idea just now! Don't you think the Haibane Renmei rp would work better as a group rp? I don't know how many people here like or even know Haibane Renmei, but the setting is such that it would be nice to have several people doing it, not just two. What do you think? If there was a limited number of applicants (four? five?), it wouldn't move as fast. Does this interest you at all, or am I talking to a brick wall? We could still do a one-on-one rp, as well as the group one. Do you have any experience with being the GM of a group rp? 'Cause I've never been one.

I don't remember how much the dragon cost, but I bought it at the end of its month, so it wasn't much. Something like 10K is what they usually cost at the end of their month.

When I say 'advanced', to be honest, I'm referring more to my writing skill. I don't really know what is required to be considered an 'advanced roleplayer', I'm just assuming I fit the bill. Another thing is that I don't consider 'advanced' to mean 'pedantic and verbiose'; it is very possible to write seven large paragraphs in one post, and still sound like an idiot, because the writer is incapable of using standard English syntax and spelling. (I hope I can be excused for being a little rude; I'm not referring to anyone in particular, except for, you know, most of Gaia. razz ) I can adjust my post length as required. I've been known to use one-liners when they are what the situation calls for; I've also been known to print out my partner's post, take it home, meditate on it for a day, and then write out a 5,000-word post that would be more well-suited as a novel chapter than an RP post. (I'll refrain from doing that, if you don't fancy reading that kind of stuff. razz )

As far as subject, I agree to a certain extent with your comment about Haibane, and because I don't feel up to joining another multiplayer RP (I'm in 3 at the moment), I have to admit I'd shy away from that. The FFX sounds like the best proposition on both sides, though I would need to give myself a little refresher on the game. (I'm more well-versed in X-2 than X; to tell the truth, I've almost completely forgotten the finer points of FFX.) I rarely have trouble with characters, partially because I have a very large number of them that I recycle periodically. I think I like the idea of going back to one I haven't used in a while...

As far as a group RP goes, like I said, I'd probably shy away from it, unless it was created in the regular forums. (My apologies, but something I loathe more than anything else on Gaia is having to wade through a Guild's forums because users can't subscribe to them.) It's not out of the question, though--especially if it was a very interesting idea. Unfortunately, I don't have any extensive experience being a GM of an RP, and I have none at all of being GM of an RP that survives for any length of time.

So, to summarize: I like the idea of FFX, no problems with character, though plot will take me a little while. Group Haibane Renmei RP isn't a horrible idea, but I would prefer not to.  

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:54 pm
Penden
I'm cool with it ending with the baby and whatnot.
I think your character should be female if she's to meet the mother, that way there are no weird overtones and she'll be sympathetic.

You've got the idea of magic and tech that I do. Sorta almost steampunk, yes? Not too advanced but on a somewhat different path than our tech

Yeah, cool. Um...are we ready to start?

Ikken Isshu
I don't remember how much the dragon cost, but I bought it at the end of its month, so it wasn't much. Something like 10K is what they usually cost at the end of their month.

When I say 'advanced', to be honest, I'm referring more to my writing skill. I don't really know what is required to be considered an 'advanced roleplayer', I'm just assuming I fit the bill. Another thing is that I don't consider 'advanced' to mean 'pedantic and verbiose'; it is very possible to write seven large paragraphs in one post, and still sound like an idiot, because the writer is incapable of using standard English syntax and spelling. (I hope I can be excused for being a little rude; I'm not referring to anyone in particular, except for, you know, most of Gaia. razz ) I can adjust my post length as required. I've been known to use one-liners when they are what the situation calls for; I've also been known to print out my partner's post, take it home, meditate on it for a day, and then write out a 5,000-word post that would be more well-suited as a novel chapter than an RP post. (I'll refrain from doing that, if you don't fancy reading that kind of stuff. razz )

As far as subject, I agree to a certain extent with your comment about Haibane, and because I don't feel up to joining another multiplayer RP (I'm in 3 at the moment), I have to admit I'd shy away from that. The FFX sounds like the best proposition on both sides, though I would need to give myself a little refresher on the game. (I'm more well-versed in X-2 than X; to tell the truth, I've almost completely forgotten the finer points of FFX.) I rarely have trouble with characters, partially because I have a very large number of them that I recycle periodically. I think I like the idea of going back to one I haven't used in a while...

As far as a group RP goes, like I said, I'd probably shy away from it, unless it was created in the regular forums. (My apologies, but something I loathe more than anything else on Gaia is having to wade through a Guild's forums because users can't subscribe to them.) It's not out of the question, though--especially if it was a very interesting idea. Unfortunately, I don't have any extensive experience being a GM of an RP, and I have none at all of being GM of an RP that survives for any length of time.

So, to summarize: I like the idea of FFX, no problems with character, though plot will take me a little while. Group Haibane Renmei RP isn't a horrible idea, but I would prefer not to.

Ah well, scratch the idea of me getting a black dragon rolleyes I already have a 10K item that I want to get, and that's hard enough without another one to worry about ><

Anyway, that is neither here nor there. I don't think we'll have any problems roleplaying with each other based on post length, then. A 5,000 word post would be kind of a lot to read xp So yeah, anything shorter than that is good ^_^

I can definitely understand why you wouldn't want to be in a group RP if you're already in three. I'll save that for another time, eh? And I don't even know if anyone in this guild likes Haibane anyway.

So, FFX? I agree; it's a very good choice for a one-on-one rp. I mean, there's already an obvious structure to it: the pilgrimage. Which would you rather be, the summoner or the guardian? I've played both before, so I don't really have a preference. Oh, and I can help you with details about the world if you need it; I know the game back-to-front, since I wrote a novelisation of it.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff