Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Tarot cards!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elise Caoimhe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:15 pm
Anyone hear read tarot cards? Or pendulums or palms for that matter? Any cool/scary/funny stories to tell?

I do.
Recently, this girl was flaming me for not being a christian and devil worhiping and what not rolleyes so i said "if its so fake, let me give you a reading."
So i did, and i hit the nail on the head: she was fighting with her mom because she wouldnt let her go on a date. I thought it would solve my problems with her, but she just got more freaked out and started spreading rumors. What can you do with a close-minded person like that?

btw, if you get the chance, check out my journal, its on fearies and dragons and ghosts and stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:32 am
I enjoy divination and whatnot of all kinds. I can read tarot but do not have a deck sad

I use pendulums alot, I have been since I was rather young (my grandma is big on pendulums). I have a beautiful rose quarz pendulum that I use. smile  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:51 am
Eri the Uberninja
What can you do with a close-minded person like that?
Not make yourself a target? rolleyes

To answer your question- yes. Several forms of divination although I have less interest in Tarot than some other forms of card divination.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:11 pm
Bah, I have no need for such tools.

And yes, that is exactly what I think of them when it comes to talking with spirit/spirit guides. If one can do it/learn how without the use of such tools, why must one continue to do so?  

jaden kendam

I be me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Eri the Uberninja
What can you do with a close-minded person like that?
Not make yourself a target? rolleyes

To answer your question- yes. Several forms of divination although I have less interest in Tarot than some other forms of card divination.
Now that interests me.
I haven't heard much about other forms of card divination, all I really hear is about tarot. What kinds do you mean?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:33 pm
I have had a few rather creepy tarot readings from friends using a variety of decks.

I personally am rather bad with Tarot, much as I love my deck, but I tend to be very accurate with runes. My policy is not to know what's going on before casting; I think it can shape my reading a bit too much, so I avoid it. With my "big" set of runes, I have additional items that are cast with them in order to give the reading even more depth.

I do an open-hands casting method, which means that I hold the runes & sundries in my hands, shake a couple of times, then open my hands. The resultant reading is both from the meanings of the runes and the patterns they create.

This method is not historically accurate in any way.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Shorti Rock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:20 am
i read cards, but i find it draining sometimes...i have been learning other methods of divination...tarot is my safe route for now, but i tend to feel the cards ...i dunno everyone has their own thing...i can read a standard playing card deck too which is interesting ....  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:57 am
I be me
Now that interests me.
I haven't heard much about other forms of card divination, all I really hear is about tarot. What kinds do you mean?
I have a couple of Oracle decks, but my primary interest currently is working with playing cards.

I'm applying a series of symbols to one deck in order to draw from them better.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:21 am
TeaDidikai
but my primary interest currently is working with playing cards.

Same here, I've found them much simpler to read than other cards, cheaper but above all much more accurate!
Maybe that is from my own 'talent' with such things, but I can ask a question several times and get the same card without fail.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:58 am
I use tarot. I don't do it as much as I would like, I just don't really have the time or concentration these days.

That's kind of it. Pendulum's are cool though.

My ex read my palm pretty much the second day we met, but that was awhile ago and I don't remember what she said about it.  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:27 pm
patch99329
TeaDidikai

Same here, I've found them much simpler to read than other cards, cheaper but above all much more accurate!
Maybe that is from my own 'talent' with such things, but I can ask a question several times and get the same card without fail.
Do you use a standardized system? Or something of your own?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:38 pm
TeaDidikai
patch99329
TeaDidikai

Do you use a standardized system? Or something of your own?

My own usually.
I either ask a question and pick a card, or do a 3 card spread.  

patch99329

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:44 pm
I have three tarot decks. I don't read very often though. When I do, I use a five card spread a friend taught me.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:41 pm
Reading up on palmistry, and I'm wondering...derived from class stereotypes in any way?

I just keep seeing things like "the fleshier this part of the hand is, the more compassionate the person is" and "long, thin, smooth hands mean creativity and intelligence" and "stubby fingers indicate a criminal tendency." It just smacks of "sophisticated" hands vs "coarse" hands--upper class vs working class--etc.  

TheDisreputableDog

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:58 am
Deoridhe
I have had a few rather creepy tarot readings from friends using a variety of decks.

I personally am rather bad with Tarot, much as I love my deck, but I tend to be very accurate with runes. My policy is not to know what's going on before casting; I think it can shape my reading a bit too much, so I avoid it. With my "big" set of runes, I have additional items that are cast with them in order to give the reading even more depth.

I do an open-hands casting method, which means that I hold the runes & sundries in my hands, shake a couple of times, then open my hands. The resultant reading is both from the meanings of the runes and the patterns they create.

This method is not historically accurate in any way.

Speaking of runes. I was watching the 700 Club last night, and the reason I stopped was that he was said rune stones. He then went on to compare them to cocaine and how they would lead the child in question into the waiting arms of the devil. rolleyes

Maybe he should lay off the judging for like cocaine, it will keep leading him into the arms of the devil. I mean, let ye who is without sin cast the first stone. Judge not lest ye be judged. Condemn not, lest ye be condemned.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff