Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplaying
And So Quoth the Raven (( Adventure RP OPEN AND ACCEPTING )) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you say no?
  Yes
  No
View Results

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:55 pm
Darkness hidden within my soul

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-
Only this, and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow;- vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow- sorrow for the lost Lenore-
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore-
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me- filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating,
"'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door-
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;-
This it is, and nothing more."

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
"Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you"- here I opened wide the door;-
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, "Lenore?"
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, "Lenore!"-
Merely this, and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
"Surely," said I, "surely that is something at my window lattice:
Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore-
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;-
'Tis the wind and nothing more!"

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door-
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door-
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore.
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou," I said, "art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning- little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door-
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as "Nevermore."

But the Raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered- not a feather then he fluttered-
Till I scarcely more than muttered, "Other friends have flown before-
On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before."
Then the bird said, "Nevermore."

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
"Doubtless," said I, "what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful Disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore-
Till the dirges of his Hope that melancholy burden bore
Of 'Never- nevermore'."

But the Raven still beguiling all my fancy into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;
Then upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore-
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then methought the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose footfalls tinkled on the tufted floor.
"Wretch," I cried, "thy God hath lent thee- by these angels he hath sent thee
Respite- respite and nepenthe, from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this lost Lenore!"

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted-
On this home by Horror haunted- tell me truly, I implore-
Is there- is there balm in Gilead?- tell me- tell me, I implore!"

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us- by that God we both adore-
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels name Lenore-
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore."

"Be that word our sign in parting, bird or fiend," I shrieked, upstarting-
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken!- quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted- nevermore!
The Raven: Edgar Allen Poe

Come and give me strength

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:30 pm
Darkness, there, and nothing more...
Your world as been swallowed by an impenetrable darkness, it clouds the minds of all who reach your world, turning you against eachother, everyone for themselves, some shall use you, and some shall be used, but whatever happens, you hope it is not to you...

Tis some visitor, entreating entrance at my chamber door

GaiaName:
Name:
Personality:
Bio:
Appearance:
Weapons sad nothing modern, no guns and such)
Other(optional) sad pets, allies, and so on go here)

The silence lay unbroken and the stillness gave no token...
1: No cybering, its against ToS
2: follow all guild rules in here
3: curse/swear as much as u want, i do it smile
4: PM me your profies with the name " The Raven" and put a domo i it so I know you read the rules
5: all OoC in some sort of bracket [[]] [] {{}} {} (()) ()
6: BE MATURE ABOUT EVERYTHING SAID
7: Anyone gone for longer than a week will be given a warning, if by then you don't post, you are banned and put on the black list
8: I am lord and master and shall add rules as needed

And so quoth the Raven, "nevermore"
BLACK LIST:

WHITE LIST:Noltic w00t! first joiner!

Sirs and Madames
GaiaName:Vampslayer3
Name: The Darkness
Age:He was born of hatred that had been brewing for years and has no age
Sex:Male
Personality:Is a dark, and maniacal man, has never met a woman he couldn't seduce with his good looks, and prefers to be called Leon
Bio: He is hatred and all of life's impurities, he was never born and never dies, and just lies in wait for his next chance to take over
Appearance: Leon
Weapons: A shortsword a dagger and a bow, he carries only the dagger with him into public, and it is always concealed
Other(optional):can turn into a raven, it is how he spies on the residents of his doom filled world...

GaiaName: Noltic
Name: Zachariah
Sex:Male
Personality: Stern, just, noble, self-sacrificing and hot-headed
Bio: Born from the land of the darkest guise, he lived and gew with his family,. Misjustice, misddeds, and lies ran rampant in his childhood, and his parents being some of the few remainging good people raised him to shun it all. The sick feeling he gets when he sees the people of this world do the horrible nigh-on evil things that are now commonplace drove him into and almost state of madness. He lives to uphold justice, to stop the lies and cease the darkness, he is the last good man that stands to fight...alone. And he prefers to be called Zach
Appearance: Average height, clad in clothes that are travel worn and musty he wears his blade openly across his hip. He stands ragged, with messy hair on his head and face...
Weapons: Two-handed sword... large, and long...(think eliwood's sword)

GaiaName: SweetHugz
Name: Scarlett
Sex: Female
Personality: Scarlett likes to be with her friends and she would go to the ends of the Earth to save her friends. She's cheerful everyday even if something bad happened to her.
Bio: Scarlett lives by herself with a bunch of animals after robbers kill her parents. The animals follows her and she doesn't know why but when she's in trouble then they'll help her. Since Scarlett lets the animals live in their house, they gave her a gift, a gift to transform into any animal she wishes.
Appearance: User Image
Weapons: Her wand and a bow.
Other: Scarlett can control fire and earth but without her wand, the attacks are somewhat weaker.

GaiaName: Uruha_Lover
Name: Yumi
Sex:Female
Personality: usually stays quiet, and is very shy at times, but once she gets to know someone, she opens up greatly. She always sees the good in everyone, no matter how dark and bad they may seem.
Bio: was adopted by a family at the age of 12, and now lives on her own.
Weapons: black pearl throwing daggers
Other(optional): a pet white tiger, with long white angel wings that can fly

Gaia Name: Rika Shay
Name: Rika
Sex:Female
Personality: Always willing to help, this energetic young mage has a weakness for anything even remotely nature-related. She loves nothing more than making others smile, she’s very strong with magic (primarily Earth elemental), and while she seems like a sweet young girl you definitely DON’T want to get on her bad side.
Bio: Born and raised in a small village in a remote forest far to the North, she traveled South after finding that she was not satisfied with her life so cut off from the rest of the world.
Appearance: Short and skinny with bright green eyes and long fiery red hair that is normally plaited down her back.
Weapons: Silver dagger, hilt inlaid with emeralds, blade engraved with the ancient elemental symbols.
Other: Brown and white Osprey (bird) named Sky

GaiaName: xEarthsxEyesx
Name: Amaya Maxwell
Sex: Female
Personality: She's outgoing and confident in herself, but not to a point it's annoying. She can be kind and sweet in this unforgiving, forboding world. BUT another side of her is crafty, tricky, sexual, and sly. She will do what she can to get what she wants if it is important enough. She is also amazingly loyal to people close to her. She would lay down her life for family or a friend. But she would not go down so easily. She is feisty, and will snap at you, if you snap at her.
She is also extremely skilled with her bow and golden sword.
Bio: She grew up with two good parents, a messed up brother, and a rarly ever seen 'shadey' uncle. Through her school years she's done some very bad things, but is still a good person, just a bit ... edgy. She loves to toy with boys, and is very flirty, one of her bad points, saints would say.
Weapons: a bow and arrows, a golden sword which has been passed down from generation to genaeration in her family, and her snow fox which is her loyal companion through and through.
Other(optional):Somehow they have formulated a bond between them, and they can communicate through expressions. The Snow Fox, Tundra, can understand Amaya's English. Amaya can understand Tundra's body movements. [For his appearence look at Amaya's picture, he's there ^^]

vampslayer3

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:30 pm
Leon sat perched upon a black gargoyle on top of the Empre state building, watching for movement, he could have sworn he saw a person move and flew down to a tree, sitting and watching the young man, 'he must be at least 17' Leon thought to himself, he let out a terrifying "CAW!" before flying a few feet away and transforming into a human again, he walked towards the young man "Hello..." his voice was deep and strong sounding, as if he had practiced, he had been born with it, hate commended everything in this time, and so his voice became this way... (( Take it away Noltic... ))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:46 pm
Noltic turned with a flourich, his cloak wipping about him, and his hat pulled down low over his brow. he stood sideways, showing not an ounce of fear at this oddment of a being.... His smile quirked into being as he chuckled softly...

"Hello? That greeting sounds foriegn to your guise... how about we trade names starnger... i am Zach... denizen of the church, yet an atheist at heart... your name is?"  

Noltic

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:20 pm
"Leon.." was his only word to this, his talkativeness had been his downfall before, so he had started catching hmself, makng sure he kept as much to hmself as possble "i too am an atheist, but not in the conventional way..." his voice was melodical if you listened under the deep omiinous tone, t actually sounded like that of a singers...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:26 pm
Zach smiled....

"Ahh but you see my case is ironic... For believe it or not i am a saint. In the least i think to myslelf that i should ask the reason as to your whereabouts on this sickly evening, blood was spilt this night... and you dont seem too at odds..."

he stood stock still while he said this still not looking t the man to whom he was addressing.  

Noltic

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Leon looked him over, he was well built, very athletic in his opinion...

"Yes? And your point would be?" Leon had spilt blood on many occasions, hell he was the reason for blood spilt most of the tme, he pulled his bow from his back, nockng an arrow almost instantly, he aimed like a true marksman and shot down a bird that had been sitting where he had been only moments ago "If it was me, then I would not be surprised..."he looked Zach and said "You stand sideways all the time...?" his eyebrow was raised in query as he took a seat on a park bench next to where Zach had been standing  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:33 pm
He turned full on towards the man".... well if youve no ill intent i neednt i geuss"

He smiled again and walked towards him, he extended a hand and smiled a bit a more warming smile, he doubted this man was a regualr person, but he fought for the right of all people... not just the ones he liked....  

Noltic

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:20 pm
Leon shook the mans hand disdainfully, the cloth gloves he usually wore weren't on his hand and when he did this his palm burnt, he pulled away quickly, the pentagram carved into his hand was a glowing red, he rubbed them against his pants tryng to get them to cool down " Nice to meet you, and what woul you be in the 'Oh so saintly New York'?" he queried with his brow furrowed, he had never heard of a saint who worked in New York...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:30 pm
He smiled... the o so saintly new york. he enjoyed that comment. It was ironic, and irony made him laugh.

"What if i told you i was here to pass a sword through anyone who so much as carried a skid-mark of sin on their sopuls?"  

Noltic

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:40 pm
"Then you'd be out of luck, good man, I have never sinned, tha I promise you" Leon snickered and smiled, his lying capabilities were great, and testing them on a saint would be perfect...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:36 am
He smiled... he facade was easy to break down, he could pretty well see into the deepest levels of a person's subconcious by looking into their eyes. this guy onthe other hand was a little sneakier... Even still he knew for a fact the previous statement was a lie...

"Everyone has sinned freind, i myself a saint am not without sin. fortunately, the previously mentioned somewhat arduous task is not in fact the reason i darken the streets of this fair city. I am here in search of an artifact."  

Noltic

Rika Shay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:01 pm
Rika sat on a bench near the two men, looking as surreptitious as possible. She was pretending to read a day-old newspaper while really she was listening to what the two were talking about. She realized that the paper was upside down and hastily turned it over. The hawk on her shoulder ruffled its wings in irritation.

"Patience, Sky," Rika whispered to the bird. "Just a while longer..."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:13 pm
Zach had noticed this somewhat oddment eavesdropper far earlier, but had honestly been put off by her act until she had righted the paper she was reading. Truth be told, she was very convincing, enough so that he had surmised she was reading upside down for some strange reason.

He didnt care what she heard, he hadnt said anything far too out of the ordinary as of yet....

He hadnt let known the plans that sinewd their way through his thought... The plans of theivery, and possibly murder.  

Noltic

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:53 pm
"Ahhh I see, might one help you recover this artifact?" Leon's tone was devious, he gave a sinsiter rin before looking at the girl with the bird "And you might be?" his grin was still upon his face, bearing two sharp canine fangs...  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff