Reply Music
DragonForce

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elemental pyro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:52 pm
If you havn't heard them, they have one of the best guitar solos around..
Youtube Link

I really like this band, but for some people it takes some getting used to. domokun

Oh, and if you dont feel like watching the 5 minute video, which is two minutes shorter than the real song, then just let it load and watch the guitar solo at 3:22  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:54 pm
I like Valley of the Dammed and Sonic Firestorm.

But seriously, ******** overrated, overplayed and over discussed. They're mediocre Power Metal, and I could name 5 better PM bands out of the blue, in fact... Blind Guardian, Rhapsody of Fire, Kamelot, Helloween and Stratovarious are much better.

And don't even get me started on naming better guitarists... as it has been stated before, fast /=/ good.  

Sheedo

Lovalerona

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:48 pm
Sheedo
And don't even get me started on naming better guitarists... as it has been stated before, fast /=/ good.

Rhythmatic doesn't always equal good either.

Technical and rhythmatic are two kinds of playing styles, you can be good at either. Dragonforce is a technical band. They aren't just playing 2 notes at once buddy, all of there songs, while boring, are very complicated to play.

I dont like dragonforce at all, they're music gets repetitive fast, but im getting tired of people bashing on good musicians.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:11 pm
Lovalerona
Sheedo

Technical and rhythmatic are two kinds of playing styles, you can be good at either. Dragonforce is a technical band. They aren't just playing 2 notes at once buddy, all of there songs, while boring, are very complicated to play.

I dont like dragonforce at all, they're music gets repetitive fast, but im getting tired of people bashing on good musicians.

They are standard Metal guitarists, with above average speed. Nothing special there. Many bands play more complicated and faster music. So... I'm not bashing, I'm just being real.

Alex Skolnick, The Great Kat, Michael Angelo Bation, Yngwie Malmsteen, Buckethead, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, James Murohy and others can compose and play circles around Herman and Sam.  

Sheedo

Lovalerona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:47 pm
I agree, many of those guitarist are better than they are.

But Sam and Herman don't suck, they still are extremely good.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:24 pm
Lovalerona

But Sam and Herman don't suck, they still are extremely good.

No, they are not, what they do is standard in most Metal guitarists, like I said, avergae guitarists with above average speed.  

Sheedo

Lovalerona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Whatever, i personally think they are extremely good, and i can only dream of playing what they play.

It's a shame that you find the need to say negative things about other musicans man.

I'm not trying to say "OMFG THEY'RE THE BEST GUITARISTS EVERRRR" Cause as we all know, Paul Gilbert definitly deserves that title ;D But i'm not trying to say they suck. The got talent man.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:47 pm
I agree that they are pretty good, but not the best. They're fun in small doses, but as stated they can get old fast.

Average guitarists with above average speed? Speed isn't everything, but it is something, so that doesn't work out.

I did, however, find out something interesting. They aren't even as fast as they sound. Comparing Li to another guitarist I found that Li sounds faster, but actually isn't. The guitar effects and dual-guitar style create an 'illusion' of speed. They're still much faster than most, and knowing how to do that is in itself respectable.

So, basically I'm seconding everything Lovalerona said. smile Well, except the part about Paul Gilbert being the best. I'm leaning towards Michael Romeo. wink  

Kaize

Cille-y

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:28 am
I got introduced to Dragonforce via Guitar Hero, then started searching for more of their music afterwards. They're now part of my main playlist. A steady diet of their music gets a little too much for me to handle, but I think they add a decent spice to my collection...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:49 am
I got into them because of Guitar Hero. i LOVE Through the Fire and the Flames <3  

Dobutsu Nushi

PinkxBellamy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:02 am
That song had like 3000 internet downloads a week until Guitar Hero.
Now it's all like, "OMFGG DRAGONFORCEEE"
>.>;

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:48 pm
Bang, bang.
Blagg.
Crap.
Also, not the kind of music I listen to.

Boom, boom.

Reptiliac

Devo and kaji makes me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:26 pm
i listen to them just because of the insane guitar solos, great band just for that reason  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:53 pm
Ouch... Dragonforce is getting flamed quite a bit here...
Anyway, I like them a lot, used to be my favorite band, not anymore. They might not be distinctive, and they're lyrics are hilariously cheesy, but they're good at what they do. My favorite album of there's is Sonic Firestorm, but some of the songs are overplayed... and you sort of either love 'em or hate 'em. Although I count myself among those that love them, I can't listen to the whole of Sonic Firestorm straight through... although each song is different, they're way to similar... Some variety is needed, so I'm happy that they through in a ballad now and then, but really, there's basically two hours of battle metal on there and a seven minute ballad, hardly enough to break the tension.

Oops... now I'm among the flamers...

Anyway, They're good at what they do, but I wish they wouldn't speed up their recordings... it makes their live music sound lame, but they're a cool band... I love their guitar solos!! =^^=

Did anyone see that clip of ZP Theart (lead singer, btw) saying that he was honored to have the hardest song on Guitar hero be "through the fire and flames" ? XD

~ELmihy

User Image

Elmihy

Elmihy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 pm
Lovalerona
Sheedo

I salute you, nice post you got there. ^^

ELmihy

User Image

Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas