Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
My friend can't access his account...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:14 pm
So, I was talking to my friend whom recently came back from a long vacation or something...

He's started a new character, and I'm quite alright with that, but I asked him why he doesn't just goof around on his old...

Well, his old was hacked back whenever, but he says he still has the info...

He said he can't even access it.

When he inputs the pin, the game dcs and closes...

I asked him if I could try, and he let me, and I got the same problem.

I input the pin, and the game closes.

I input an incorrect pin next try, the game didnt close, then I try his correct pin, and it said it was wrong...so his pin is probably wrong, but still...upon the next try, the game closes, over and over, no matter what pin I try.

I just wanna know whats wrong, and why this is happening.

I'd love for him to be able to play his old character, even if he wouldn't want to.

Anyone know? D:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:11 am
perhaps the person who hacked the account made it that way? maybe maplestory deletes any accounts that are inactive for like 3months or wutevers?  

Brighte

Zarow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:19 am
Hisako, they don't mess with any accounts on purpose or internally.
Unless they're just tricking us into thinking that.

And yes, it happens to my friend, too.
He was hacked as well.
(The old character sucks, though, he was glad it happened.)
Though he wants to get on to see if there is ANYTHING left.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:44 am
That happens to everyone that tries to log into an account with the wrong PIN. I logged in once or twice, and without a correct PIN, the game "will" close on you.

Only thing you "can" do, is to retrieve his PIN back, tell him to do what you did. (aka Pin-Retrieval system, ticketing and all)

Mimoto Kawasari

Mimisi Setsuai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:21 am
If it makes you feel better, as far as I know, MS doesn't delete inactive accounts. I've been inactive for 3 months before, and my account was still there when I came back. (Though maybe they changed the rules?)
Also, when I mis-enter my PIN, it doesn't shut down on me. So I don't know what that's about O.o  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:42 pm
Mimisi Setsuai
If it makes you feel better, as far as I know, MS doesn't delete inactive accounts. I've been inactive for 3 months before, and my account was still there when I came back. (Though maybe they changed the rules?)
Also, when I mis-enter my PIN, it doesn't shut down on me. So I don't know what that's about O.o

i think its if u mis-enter too much times in a row, it'll close down, this prevents a pin-hacking bot that tries every combination.  

Brighte

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:05 pm
Yes, if you attempt the wrong pin a number of times, the game closes.

But when we try, it closes on the first time, which should no be happening.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:04 pm
to be exact its five times then u dc

and ive already got hacked twice and they even manenged to change my password soo i had to make new e-mails  

XxGundamWingxX

Brighte

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:22 pm
perhaps the account was banned or sumthing like that? or the hacker who hacked it made it that way with his hacking skillz.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:55 pm
God ur al lucky your comp. still lets you even see the screen change at all every one of my pals tried and couldnt make the frieking screen change even happen. i klik play and wait 1hr. and nothing happens
ive used reinstall manual patch and some crap called patch.info popped up after i tried to acess the game the first time it failed (note:plz. if you know how to fix this tell me plz.) wahmbulance  

Anatolie1997

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff