Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:48 pm
There's gotta be some Stephen King fans out there mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:01 pm
hellz yeah!!! lol, i've read almost half of his book and am probably gonna read Gerald's Game or whatev next. 3nodding  

obscene_laughter

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:51 pm
Sadly I only have read a few, Rose Madder, a fwe of his short stories, and also The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. got two of his books waiting for me to read xp still i say he is awsume mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:52 pm
The Girl Who Loved To Gordon was a kick-butt book, lol that was my first book of Stehpen King's books that I'd read and it got me hooked- and when I was reading it I was out at my relatives house that's surrounded by nothing but woods O.O lol... and from what my cousin says, she says there's something living in it that's bigger than a deer or coyote... I wouldn't know- I was driving the 4-wheeler and had something in my eye, but boy was she freaked out-i think she would've jumped off the 4-weeler and ran away if I hadn't hit the gas... eek i never saw what it was... but that one path smells gruesomely at only one point on the path. xp  

obscene_laughter

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:49 pm
great spot in reading a scary book biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:55 pm
Ooooh, i've only read The Dark Tower series, but i LOVED it! Cried soooo much, it was superbly written.  

Cassandra_the_Prophetess

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:10 pm
gotta get ahold of that series...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:09 pm
lol, oh I know...but it was a great book, I read in one day- i couldn't help myself. The Dark Tower series is great!!! And once you read them, you'll know where some of the other characters come from- i.e., 'Flagg' or "Walter" is in other books... like The Stand, a book that I have yet to read... there are many great books to read- you should check out The Talisman (with Peter Sraub), it's my favorite, but the second book isn't that good (Black House).  

obscene_laughter

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:32 pm
sounds really good! got 'The Dead Zone' and 'Bag of Bones' waiting on me

we should hunt someone down with every single one of his books mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:26 pm
'The Dead Zone' is great... but if you watch the series on USA comparing the 2 will make your head hurt

if you're going to read 'The Stand' read the complete and uncut version... just not during cold & flu season, allergy season, or when you're sick in general... you'll feel like you're dying if you sneeze

i've read a few of his short stories... but unfortunately i have to be in a very specific mood to read his work so i don't read it that often

but i do love his made-for-TV-movies... the regular movies not so much because he usually doesn't spend that much time with him... and it's also fun playing "Spot Steven King" in the TV ones  

Marlaina

obscene_laughter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:16 pm
I want to collect all of his books... but the ones I have aren't all hard back. lol... I want to read Bag Of Bones too, but my library is kinda crappy and his books are quite expensive and I go through them fast. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:49 am
It's funny the only books I like by him are the Dark tower series and Shawshank Redemption. I dont think I can get past the first 3 chapters of any of his other book and I have tried. pirate But Dark tower series is sweet one of my fav dark evil bloody books lol. But I've always been a big fan of post apocoliptic crazyness.  

Onimaru-Sama

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:34 pm
hehehe....doin an extra credit thing with Stephen King, comparing his work to Edgar Allen Poe's....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:47 pm
I'm in the middle of the forth book of The Dark Tower series. The whole series is excellent!  

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

LotesseElf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:38 am
Yes, it possible to find Stephen King fans on Gaia. I am the proof. Now I am not a die hart fan of his, but I find his Dark Tower a very interesting read.

I say not a die hart fan because I finished theWolves of Calla and bought the Song of Sussanah, which is sitting on my shelf for a few months now, and I haven't even opened it. Yes, shame on me.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff