Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Labels getting overrated? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you cheap?
  YES TOTALLY I AM PROUD OF IT!!!!!
  NO I LOVE TO WASTE MONEY ON THIS STUFF!@!!!!
  >.> <.< POLL!!! I WANT MY GOLD!!!
View Results

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:11 am
Is it just me, or do I see alot of asians wearing ALOT of labels like JL, Gstar, Diesal, Energie ETC. Personally, I think its kinda awkward that people can buy this stuff. I saw a JL jacket for $400 CAD at a store. I mean, 100 is too much for a sweater. ALMOST every asian person I see these days wear JL or some other label. Everyone I see these days wear JL and I think its getting wayyyy too overrated.

Everyone know the stereotype "Asian people are cheap". I hate to admit it, but its true for me and its awsome. Its just common sense though. I can NEVER see myself spend 400$ on a SINGLE jacket in my life. I felt a real sick feeling in my stomach when I saw that price tag. For those who have part time jobs, you know how hard it is to earn that money, how easily it can be wasted. I learned this from my dad, who is EXTREMELY cheap. I have seen how hard he works for money and I experienced it when I had a part time job this summer.

A funny thing is, since demand for this stuff is so high these days.... Why do prices stay high? Due to the high demand for low prices and also competition, shouldnt prices lower?

Anyways this is what I think. To me clothes are just clothes. For those who think I'm crazy, its ok. I dont hate others for buying this stuff, its their own choice.

I am proud to be a cheap person when it comes to clothing. I rather save up $400 for money going into getting a house or a car then buying it on a jacket that has a TINY symbol which will probably rip in a couple years.

What does everyone else think about this issue. I dont know about where you guys are, but in edmonton, its label infested.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:44 am
Ever seen idiocracy? It's a future filled with stupid people, and their clothes have patterns of a company's name or logo. Sounds familiar? Haha. Yeah. I would probably buy those if I was filthy rich. But I'm not and most people are probably not.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

lollerskater123321

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:35 am
mm I personally hate the labeling way to expensive for a label but that doesnt stop me from going to China and getting a bunch of fake name brands for a cheap price. sweatdrop blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:55 am
Funny thing is, all those labels are made in China sweatdrop

Some things I find are real stupid... I find jeans for over $300 that looks the same as some no name pair but it just has the little label on it.

If the fake stuff looked real and was good quality i would go crazy biggrin  

BlackHammer888

Deojack

Puppy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:49 pm
It's cheaper for me to just design and have my own stuff made in bulk than just one thing lol wink  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:19 pm
I went shopping with my aunt one time and i needed a new belt so she offered to buy one for me. It was $7 and i was like "Whoa! That's too expensive for a belt!!"
She looked at me crazy and said that's not close to being expensive O.O;;

(little did i know my other belt i had cost $14 sweatdrop )

I go shopping a lot w/ my mom and she always pesters me on a clothes i want that are over $20 -_____________-;;

That just proves i am cheap xD

Michie`s Flips Inc.

d3f1n3h3r

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:01 pm
Maybe they have super rich parents?
Like the people where I live. =T
They all wear expensive clothing and make-up
and stuff. But its just because they can afford it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight…

I must tell you that I have plenties of clothes with popular brands and labels (Baby Phat, Rocawear, DKNY, Guess, etc.) that I actually got for low prices. I got most of them for at least under 30 dollars, in fact. No, they aren't fake brands. They have all the tickets sewed on them. It all depends on where you go shopping.

I think that you are judging those who can afford expensive label clothings. They wear expensive labels. So what? They can afford them, they can afford them. They might waste their money on a piece of clothing, but it's not your business.

I shall also add that I consider clothes art. They show your style, your personality, your way of living. Not only that, what about fashion designers? Their creations are a piece of their heart. It would be insulting that someone comes up to them and say they are only clothes. The only thing I would blame is high prices.

It feels so right
To
night…

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:39 pm
Are you serious about seeing those labels for under 30?! Cuz here if a something like thats on sale, well, lets just say it shouldnt even be considered a sale. Its probably just me since my parents like made me feel bad for everything expensive I buy LOL.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:30 pm
lol If you can afford it buy it. Its life you live once, Indulge in yourself, if you got the figure show it off. Go out look good, feel good. Why not be at your best.

You can't afford it its your fault, work for it. Every action has an effect, with great effort comes great results. In life its all about looks and impression. You look professional you get respect. cool

Those who say oh s**t this is overrated, oh ya this and that. These are just excuses because they are weak. If you don't like it, ok but if you can't afford it its another thing don't pass judgement. Reasons they spit are only to compensate for their own self grief.

For Jeans; Seven's, True Religions, Rockz & Republic (200-400)

I stick with Guess jeans (100-150) ~_-

For General Wear: Zara, Armani Exchange, Abercrombie Fitch, American Eagle (Juicy Couture is sooo hawt for girls LOL) TNA, lululemon, Prada, Selected, H&M, J. Lindenberg

For Accessories: Dolce Gabana, Versace, Gucci,

Shoes: Lacoste, Diesel

Ya I didn't list all the brands, some missing like Mexx, Club Monaco, Banana Republic, Louis Vuitton, Dkny, Le Chateau, Chanel because they aren't my preference

and yes you should use your money wisely, best quality at lowest price, I always buy my sh iet made from china, anywhere in oriental asia, north america, europe
also yea things that matter most must not be at the mercy of things that matter least, like you should save up for a car cool but you still need to buy something fancy once in a while : D.  

Vucci

Fuku Taichou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:22 am
I really don't quite see the point to designer stuff. There are times when brand names are associated with better quality. For instance, Sony is well-known for being pretty good at making things like tvs, but you hear of brands like Coby (which, for some reason, I see as a Sony knockoff) that although the tvs might work, the quality is probably not quite the same.

I think the people who generally like the designer stuff figure that the people who see them know what the clothes must cost, and therefore assume, "Damn, this guy's loaded." That's the only reason I can think of that makes it logical. There are times when brands produce a certain style of clothing, but a lot of the time it's easier to find cheaper clothing that looks pretty much the same...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:27 pm
I plan to blow my money on a big house and a sexy car instead of expensive desginer clothes. biggrin  

BlackHammer888

BeiZhiMing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:20 pm
i get jeans and rip the labels off and design them myself.ex.tear them a little,put little bit of paint,etc...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:35 pm
i see what you're saying: why waste your money on expensive clothing when they're not even gonna last u a lifetime??  

asiannerd27

O r a l F ii x a t i o n

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:51 pm
I usually don't look at the brand name;
[Heck;;
I buy clothes from Wal-Mart~ D<]
If I like the style/clothing;
I'd buy it;;
I don't really care about the price;;
But if it's a really ridiculous price
[Like $300 for a pair of jeans]