Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Maximum Ride byJames Patterson

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

astrum202

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:18 pm
ok technically these are SciFi books but to me they are just like modern fantasy. These three books are amazing in my opinion and I'd like to see what other people think of them. Basically it's about thses 6 kids who have Avian DNA in them (they're part bird) and their struggle to survive in the modern world with a bunch of mad scientists hunting them down. Anyway very good series. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:56 pm
Those books are aweome. I finished all three in four days.  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Saiwen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:32 pm
I think the idea is excellent and I like the concept behind it all, but the written style wasn't my favourite.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:51 pm
i would agree with that, about the writing style but at the same time it was kind of refreshing to read a different writing style
i have read the first two and i am comtemplating buying the third one
rather than wait however long it takes before it gets into the library system. is it worth buying do you think?  

GimpyAssassin

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:47 pm
Book three is definately worth getting. i have it. i uncovers many mysteries concerning max.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:15 pm
I loved them too! Very good books. Did anyone read The Final Warning yet? It's the next book in the series. I read it and it was okay but I liked the first three more. It left me hanging though and my friends and I thought the he wasn't going to make a fifth one. BOY WERE WE WRONG!!! I was so happy when I found out about it I almost jumped with joy. We found out about it from this scholastic contest you can enter. If you win you and your school name will be put in the book. Can't wait!!!!  

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100

RebelFire-Reset

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:44 pm
Eragon-12015
I loved them too! Very good books. Did anyone read The Final Warning yet? It's the next book in the series. I read it and it was okay but I liked the first three more. It left me hanging though and my friends and I thought the he wasn't going to make a fifth one. BOY WERE WE WRONG!!! I was so happy when I found out about it I almost jumped with joy. We found out about it from this scholastic contest you can enter. If you win you and your school name will be put in the book. Can't wait!!!!

I didn't like the Final Warning AT ALL. I was severely disappointed... sad
I was in love with the first books (And I still am) but this one was almost torture for me to struggle through.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:53 am
I serverly disliked the ending to the Final Warning because it made the book an advertisment...the third is most definatly worth getting though.  

Cattie-Brie14

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:46 am
yeah, way too much global warming. he even could've made the Uber Director go under some more character development. we hardly ever saw him. it's so boring without the Erasers and Whitecoats.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:38 am
i am just hoping for Fang and Max stuff... and the books always make me laugh so thats fun

is anybody aware of the movie in the works? go on youtube there is a one minute teaser(and yes the erasers look strange)  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Foolish Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:56 am
The first three books are amazing!
The fourth however, was a major dissapointment.

There was way to much emphasis on the environmental aspect of it, and not enough on the characters. I didn't like the UberDirector (Was that his real title by the way? I think it was, but it doesn't seem right...), probably because he was majorly underdeveloped. I liked the concept of him though.
And Max's jealousy of Brigit (However it was spelled.My own middle name and I still don't know!) was hilarious!

Angel creeps me out. Oh, and I want to know how Fang, Iggy and Nudge got their names!

Isn't the movie supposed to be realeased in like, 2011 or something...?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:23 pm
They are class books! I read all of them in 1 night each! Granted i was really tired the next day but it was worth it!  

Exo-Polition

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff