Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Tips and tricks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hell Yeah Seaking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:48 am
Please, only put things in this thread that you have figured out yourself, not stolen from someone elses website or book of shadows.

Basically just post neat little things you've figured out to improve meditation, dreaming, energy, karma, morals, etc.

I'll start of course

Last night i made a drink with warm milk and honey right before i went to bed. I had about a cup of milk and i microwaved it for 20 seconds, and mixed about 2 tbsp of honey in it. It tasted good first, and it put me right to sleep. The most interesting thing was my dreams though. There were all in full color and everything i felt in the dream i actually felt. There were entirely lucid and i mean entirely lucid. I remember almost everything that happened in them. I have to try this again tonight to see if the effect is the same.

in no way is this way spell begging btw, Just share some info if you feel like it, not because others have requested it, and try not to request anything too personal  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:32 pm
Oooooh, interesting. Got any more? =]

The Lady Of Yggdrasil

Kawaii Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hell Yeah Seaking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:53 pm
I've just kinda started looking for little things and that was the first i found  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:35 pm
I have a few small things that I've made up and tried spontaneously.

When taking a shower, turn off the lights. Just standing quietly under the water is relaxing. The white noise of the water and the room's darkness create a state of sensory deprivation that is really conducive to visualization. If no one else is around to hear or care, you can try chanting or singing. It's a pretty awesome experience.

Sometimes, right before bed, I'll turn off all the lights except for my desk lamp. The dim illumination creates a feeling of being in a small, private place and is rather cozy. Then I'll put on some sort of mellow background music, sit comfortably, and close my eyes. I just let in whatever images appear in my mind, and the pictures usually shift and meld into each other. Often, the images will be taken from events during the day or just things I've been musing on. It helps calm my mind when I have too much going on up there to sleep. I suppose it's a form of meditation since I can tell I'm coming out of an altered state of consciousness when I "wake up".  

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:10 pm
Be very careful in the bath, if you chose to do that instead of the shower. I have, on occasion, nearly fallen asleep in bathtub. Other times, I have gone into a deep experience, and not nearly had the presence of mind to you know, not drown.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:43 am
Nuri
Be very careful in the bath, if you chose to do that instead of the shower. I have, on occasion, nearly fallen asleep in bathtub. Other times, I have gone into a deep experience, and not nearly had the presence of mind to you know, not drown.

I love sleeping in a bath tub full of water. Never has my head gone down to where I would drown. Course, being almost six foot does help, cause that doenst give me a lot of room to slip down in most bath tubs.

And meditation or soul flights in the bath tub do lead to interesting things. And let us not forget spirit writing or spirit painting in the tub.

And that leaves too many images of nekid jaden. Sorry everyone.  

jaden kendam

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:45 am
jaden kendam
Nuri

I love sleeping in a bath tub full of water. Never has my head gone down to where I would drown. Course, being almost six foot does help, cause that doenst give me a lot of room to slip down in most bath tubs.

And meditation or soul flights in the bath tub do lead to interesting things. And let us not forget spirit writing or spirit painting in the tub.

And that leaves too many images of nekid jaden. Sorry everyone.

Yes, well, I'm 5'4. I've never gotten my head below water either, but I have come close.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:53 am
Hell Yeah Seaking

Basically just post neat little things you've figured out to improve meditation, dreaming, energy, karma, morals, etc.

Meditation: Stop fretting about it.

Dreaming: Enter REM state by allowing yourself to go to sleep.

Energy: Eat healthy, work out, correct subluxations, get plenty of rest and drink lots of water.

Karma: Do nothing outside of your dharma- if you have to choose between two dharma violating actions- decide if one is less of a violation or choose the one you have never tried before.

Morals: Best found in slightly wooded areas- a little butter ans salt do wonders. Improve one's morals? Watch Southpark instead of Moral Orel. 3nodding  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:32 am
TeaDidikai
Morals: Best found in slightly wooded areas- a little butter ans salt do wonders. Improve one's morals? Watch Southpark instead of Moral Orel. 3nodding

I prefur simple button or shitakes pan fried, but I haven't had much of a chance to try anything much fancier. I'm really going to be interested to see how philosophy, art, and other humanities cover Southpark and it's creators in, oh say, fifty years.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:11 am
Kuroiban
I'm really going to be interested to see how philosophy, art, and other humanities cover Southpark and it's creators in, oh say, fifty years.
I look forward to that myself. I mean, for all the dirty language, the show makes a fair amount of sense some times.  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:21 am
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban
I'm really going to be interested to see how philosophy, art, and other humanities cover Southpark and it's creators in, oh say, fifty years.
I look forward to that myself. I mean, for all the dirty language, the show makes a fair amount of sense some times.

Oddly enough, it is one of the few shows that actually teaches any lessons anymore. In a really sick and twisted way, but still.

Seriously, how many shows, cartoons or otherwise actually teach lessons anymore? Some people say that a lot of sitcoms do, but as a devout tv watcher, I just dont see it. I dont think I have ever seen an episode of "Friends" that made me go hmmm...Nor the have the "Simpsons/King of Queens/quite a few". Sure, every once in awhile, there is that episode that has a life lesson, but it seems like those are few and far between.

And as much as I enjoy watching "Scrubs", I dont think there was a time in which I said, "that just makes so much freaking sense". Where as in "Southpark", after getting though the vulgarity, and downright grossness, I often think that the lesson involved was good.

Just to name one. The episode in which the hot kindergarten teacher was banging stan's (?) brother ike. Because she was hot, she did not receive a harsh punishment, if one at all.

Back to topic....

One of the best tip/trick is patience. Don't be so quick to rush things.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 am
Satire is designed to make one think after all.  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:53 am
TeaDidikai
Satire is designed to make one think after all.

Thinking. That is another tip.

And have fun with it. Dont get over sensitive. Dont throw the gauntlet with a tiny joke.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games