Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplaying
(-(-(Hunters of the Eternal Night)-)-) (NEED NONHUMANS) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:08 pm
----The setting: Twenty years ago on Christmas eve, a pilot was flying a routine patrol of the Mexican border. He noticed what looked like a smuggling operation in progress: a non-descript white van crossing the border. He decided to n** it in the bud and blew the van to bits. He returned to base feeling rather smug. But that simple white van was carrying a Russian ambassador, who was being transported in secret to the United States for the final attempt at peace. Once the news of his death reached his homeland, as the media and the internet made inevitable, hell broke loose. And MAD became a reality all too clear to the world. Now, in the year 2028, the world is decimated. The few surviving humans formed towns and Set up small militias. But there was something else, the creatures who had been living in the shadows of the old world rose out of the mystery and lore that surrounded them (Vampires, werewolves, demons, and every other species that had been hunted and killed all those centuries ago) and forced their way into the new world order.

Now the humans hole themselves up, guarding themselves and each other, with the exception of the brave souls who venture out into the wastelands to gather supplies.

The creatures are mostly autonomous, but clans are beginning to form. To them it is only a matter of time before the bloodbags are destroyed forever.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:09 pm
----The rules
Gaia TOS
Romance is okay, no shagging in the snow though
No god-modding
No auto-hits
No big, flashy swords. (I.E. Sephiroth's sword) You can have swords, but they have to be realistic.
Guns are allowed, but again, be realistic: How much ammo do you think you actually HAVE?
Do NOT use ** to denote action
Do NOT speak in the first person
Do NOT do one-liners
Inversely, do NOT write an effing novel every single post. We need to keep things moving.

PM ME YOUR PROFILES  

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:10 pm
----The Profiles

Gaian name:
RP name:
Race: (Human/vampire/whatever)
Description (If a picture, please just post the link):  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:12 pm
----The Characters:

Gaian name: Milquetoast82
RP name: Jayne K. Cobb
Race: Human
Biography: One of the human survivors of the Seven Hour War. He used to have a family. They had moved to D.C. only a few days before SeHoW, looking for work while he minded the farm. He survived. But he was changed. Where he had once been a joyful, god-praising, loving individual; He was now a sarcastic, rude, cynical, uncaring man.
Description: http://www.serenityverse.com/images/albums/userpics/10001/normal_165816.jpg
(I'm a fangeek. Sue me.)

------------------------

Gaian name: Noltic
RP name: Noltic....its just easier
Race: Vampire
Biography: As a child, he had enjoyed playing castlevania games, but as human settlements became more and more dissident, he had been forced to learn to fight, and leave the fantasy of video games behind. In a pseudo sense anyway. he carried about his person an assortment of knives hand axes, and one whip. A white whip with a blue handle that he liked to call vampire killer. He had been raised by a roma settlement, though he knew his parents were not roma. As such, he had never been aloud to play with other children, and to an extent, he never did. He had a few friends that liked to play with him when they were left alone outside the caravan, but he was never seen in their company in town, and never went into a wagon other than the one he and his parents lived in. One day, his motor home ran out of gas... and the roma refused to help his parents, he knew then that no one was to be trusted... his parents fell prey to vampires that night on a journey to a nearby town to get food. He had benen a lonely walking traveler ever since.
Description: Average height, brownish red hair, not well groomed or clean shaven.He wears a red long cout, blue-jeans, a black leather vest holds all of his weaponry under his coat, beneath that a regular black t-shirt. Ruggedly handsome, though a tad abscure, and severely scarred.

------------------------

Gaian name: SweetHugz
RP name: Ashely
Race: Human shapeshifter
Biography: Ashely was in the museum looking at a rare gemstone. Then when the bomb was coming towards the museum, the gem glowed and Ashely touched it. When she was woke up, the world looked like a desert. Only she and the gem survived, then the gem glowed again and disappeared. Before she knew it, she can transform into any kind of animal she wanted too.
Description:[x]

------------------------

Gaian name: Jason_Grey
RP name: Maria Soclair
Race: human
Biography: Maria's father was a mercenary, her mother was prostitute. When she was born, her mother gave her to a preist with a letter explaining everything to her. Raised in a God fearing enviroment, Maria was going to be a nun. Then, when she was eight, various dark creatures attacked the church. She was the only survivor. When she escaped, she was no longer a pieous, innocent little girl, but a cold, bitter woman. She wandered the wastelands until a group of travelers found her. In their company she found her calling: machines. She lived with them until she learned everything she could from them. Now she travels alone, searching for more people to learn from.
Description: She has bright red hair pulled back in a tight braid, with any loose strands held back by a bandanna wrapped around her forehead and green eyes. She is dressed in a sleeveless brown shirt that is very baggy, oil-stained and dusty overalls, and big black boots. She has thick tan gloves and a toolbelt with her various tools on it, along with a pistol and two thin daggers. She carries a backpack around with her at all times. Around her neck is the only thing that was salvagable from the church, a large gold cross that belonged to one of the deacons. There are many scars along her arms and hands, and one on her right temple.

------------------------  

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Noltic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:48 pm
Noltic stalked the night ... alone. Alone like he'd been for a year and a half now, it was racking his mind, and he believed he had a touch of madness. Though he hadnt had so much as a freind his entire life. His parents the only ones he was close to had dies long ago.

He slpet during the day, just as they did, and he crept in the night, smelling their stink wherever they had been, and spilling their blood wherever his paths crossed theirs. Their stolen blood.

He wasnt a scientist, though he did read, and knew enough to understand that biologically they didnt produce blood, and thus needed to replace their red blood cells every 120 days... but more gradually than that.

Some were worse, some enjoyed the feeding... those were the ones that he enjoyed killing....

He heard a sound coming from the abandoned house, and he quickly scaled a tree and jumped into it from a window in the attic. He drew a knife that glinted coldly in the moonlight, and began to make his way down....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:19 pm
Jayne grunted, dust and ash flying over his head as he dug. Then his gloves hit something. He smiled slightly, there they were. He reached into the hole and pulled out a small, reddish, rectangular object: A book. He read the spine. "Red Scarf Girl". Huh. Sounded interesting enough. He set it in the large basket he used to keep such luxuries as books. He dug more, but all the other books were torn, rotten, or chewed to bits by whatever the hell had survived out here.

He stood and picked up the basket and his sawn-off shotgun. As he walked out the door, he gave a kick to a board in the doorway. Half the building collapsed. He shrugged and plodded through the snow to his snow-ski mounted armored truck. As he climbed in, he sighed. This space was the closest thing to a home he had. Sad really. Ah well, at least doing this he could make enough money to get food.

Ore Town was the closest settlement: forty miles away. He hoped he had enough gas to last the trip.  

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Noltic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Before the man took off... Noltic stepped out of the now, completely exposed half of attic that remained and called...

"What the hell dude.... Tryin to kill me?!?!"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:06 pm
In a split second, Jayne's shotgun was aimed directly at the man's head. "'Pends, you tryin' to kill me? Oh, and drop your weapons. Including the ones under your shirt. And if your hand touches metal I swear: I will end you."  

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Noltic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:42 pm
"Okay first... I mean you no harm, and in earnest, its not worth the time to drop ALL my weapons, for the time it would take to pick them all back up.... And second your pointing a sawn off shotgun at a man standing in a half destroyed house, that is somehow still standing who happens to be about 30 feet away. If im right, the spray would maybe hit me with three pellets, which at the most would probably just really really hurt. It might get me in the eye... but ive had far more painful and kept fighting..."

Noltic, knew this guy was just wary of people, the creatures werent all you had to worry about, vampires were one thing, but bandits and theives were another. He dropped the knife into the lawn beside the man's truck and gave a wry smile as he raised his hands.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:55 pm
Noltic
"Okay first... I mean you no harm, and in earnest, its not worth the time to drop ALL my weapons, for the time it would take to pick them all back up.... And second your pointing a sawn off shotgun at a man standing in a half destroyed house, that is somehow still standing who happens to be about 30 feet away. If im right, the spray would maybe hit me with three pellets, which at the most would probably just really really hurt. It might get me in the eye... but ive had far more painful and kept fighting..."

Noltic, knew this guy was just wary of people, the creatures werent all you had to worry about, vampires were one thing, but bandits and theives were another. He dropped the knife into the lawn beside the man's truck and gave a wry smile as he raised his hands.
Jayne sighed. "Your theory about my gun might be founded if I weren't loaded with birdshot instead of buckshot at the moment. Even at this distance, you'd take fatal damage. And If I had a piece of bread for every time I've had to kill someone right after they said 'I mean no harm', well, I'm sure you understand my skepticism. So please kindly come a tad closer and toss me your weapons." he said slowly.  

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Noltic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
"If your willing to wait..."

Noltic hopped down from the attic into the foundation, and climed out onto the lawn...

He bagn to unload... he started with the whip which he dropped by his feet... he wanted to keep that close, but he doubted it seemed as menacing as his knives did.

He then proceded to pull 2 throwng axes from behind his waist , 5 knives fron a vest he wore under his caot, a larger close combat knife from a shoulder strap, four knives from the belt around his waist, some plastic explosive from the outside pocket of his backpack, 3 flashbangs from another part of his backpack, and lastl;y a survival knife with a sawing edge and a ring clip from his left boot....

"Happy Now?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:07 pm
He smiled. "Very. Now we can talk. So what are you if not a pirate? Scavenger? Hunter? What good reason do you have to be out here in the snow where any critter worth his nuts could kill ya?" He said, still not lowering his gun. Twenty years of ambushes and near deaths by the hands of the creatures had made him a tad paranoid.  

Milquetoast82

4,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100

SweetHugz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:09 pm
Ashely was walking around, tired and thirsty. She spotted two men and she curiously watched them. "Excuse me, do you have any water?" She said to the person who was holding the gun.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:11 pm
"O sure ask the guy with the gun... not the one who carries 15 implements of death at any given time."  

Noltic

Noltic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:15 pm
((man sorry... i had a bad lag incident))

After the sarcastic comment, Noltic tossed the new person a bottle of water and began to pick up his armaments.

"I am i geuss what you could call, a man fighting for a better tommorrow, i hunt the creatures of the night. As an occupation. Forgive me if i seemed a little too forward for these dangerous times, but your the first person ive spoken to in a yeard and a half... Animals arent great conversation. If your goin on any implement of journey, wanna take me with ya? i could go for a change of pace... or just somethin to do, that isnt spilling blood."  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff