Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Teams
Help with teams, please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Based on the description's which of my charactors are you most like?
  Jaelyn
  Kijana
  Avalon
  Ceron
  Kail
  Hiro
View Results

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:30 pm
I'm writing a Pokemon Fanfic, and I needed teams for the charactors. I have teams, but I'd like advice.

Name: Jaelyn. Based loosly off of my friend, mizu~roze. Jaelyn is competitive, full of energy, and hot-headed at times. I let mizu~roze choose the team:

Vulpix
Eevee
Pigeot
Raichu
Marill
Girafarig

Name: Kijana. Based lossly off my friend kokoro no byakko. Kijana is shy and sweet, but can be incredibly hyper at times and is a very strong trainer without tring too hard. Kpkoro no byakko chose the team:

Eevee
Flareon
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Espeon
Umbreon

(I'd prefer not to change those 2 teams, but rather use them for help with the other ones)

Name: Avalon. Based loosly off of me. Avalon is an artist and a Pokemon know-it-all. She is bossy and hyperactive, but also kind, generous, and helpful. I tried to work her team to have the type missing in Jaelyn's and Kijana's teams:

Gallade
Rampardos
Abomisnow Sneasel
Altaria
Gengar (I likes the idea of switching for a starter, but I kinda want to try it out with a Ghost type...???)
Mothim

Name: Ceron. Avalon's rival. Not exactly a nice guy. He's rude and bosses his friends around. He loves Pokemon, but it doesn't show. He's a huge show-off. I got his team from a randomizer:

Ninetails
Salamence
Politoad
Misdrevus
Shedinja Ninjask
Nosepass Lucario

Name: Kail. Ceron's younger brother and Kijana's rival. Hyper and high-spirited, but not the best trainer. He follows his brothers orders, but puts his own twist on things. He especially likes doing the exact opposite of what he's told, then managing to get it right. His team came from a randomizer:

Sandslash
Kabuto Ariados
Ludicolo Breloom
Natu
Feraligatr
Spinda

Name: Hiro. Ceron's neighbor who is dragged into things he doesn't want to do. Jaelyn's rival. Hiro is pretty reserved most of the time, but is very mind and funny once he warms up to you. He's a computer genius and can calculate statistics in his head quickly during a battle. He feels the need to protect Kail from his brother. His team also came from a randomizer:

Butterfree
Ambipom Venusaur
Slowpoke
Garchomp
Voltorb Metagross
Gorebyss Arcanine

I'd love advice on these teams and how to make them better, to fit the personalities and to have good types. Help please???

NOTE: Chances are, even if I listed an unevolved Pokemon, it will evolve during the story. Except for the Eevees for certain....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:54 am
I'll see what I can do. ^^

Negai Boshi
I'm writing a Pokemon Fanfic, and I needed teams for the charactors. I have teams, but I'd like advice.

Name: Jaelyn. Based loosly off of my friend, mizu~roze. Jaelyn is competitive, full of energy, and hot-headed at times. I let mizu~roze choose the team:

Vulpix
Eevee
Pigeot
Raichu
Marill
Girafarig

Name: Kijana. Based lossly off my friend kokoro no byakko. Kijana is shy and sweet, but can be incredibly hyper at times and is a very strong trainer without tring too hard. Kpkoro no byakko chose the team:

Eevee
Flareon
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Espeon
Umbreon

(I'd prefer not to change those 2 teams, but rather use them for help with the other ones)

Both of your friends have pretty well rounded teams. So I wouldn't want to change those.

Negai Boshi
Name: Avalon. Based loosly off of me. Avalon is an artist and a Pokemon know-it-all. She is bossy and hyperactive, but also kind, generous, and helpful. I tried to work her team to have the type missing in Jaelyn's and Kijana's teams:

Gallade
Rampardos
Abomisnow
Altaria
Gengar
Mothim

Good type coverage, but I would change the Abomisnow for a Sneasel/Weavile and either the Gengar or the Rampardos for a starter, probably either a mudkip (and it's evos) or a Torchic (and it's evos) to give you some more variety.

Negai Boshi
Name: Ceron. Avalon's rival. Not exactly a nice guy. He's rude and bosses his friends around. He loves Pokemon, but it doesn't show. He's a huge show-off. I got his team from a randomizer:

Ninetails
Salamence
Politoad
Misdrevus
Shedinja
Nosepass

Drop the Nosepass for another steel type, I suggest either Lucario or Empoleon (take your pick), but even an Aggron or Mawile would do. I would also drop the Shedinja for something else, A Ninjask would be great for his team. I would also upgrade the Misdrevus to a Mismagius, unless you intent to do that during the story. All in all, it is a good team for a "villainous" character.

Negai Boshi
Name: Kail. Ceron's younger brother and Kijana's rival. Hyper and high-spirited, but not the best trainer. He follows his brothers orders, but puts his own twist on things. He especially likes doing the exact opposite of what he's told, then managing to get it right. His team came from a randomizer:

Sandslash
Kabuto
Ludicolo
Natu
Feraligatr
Spinda

Drop the Kabuto and Ludicolo, one water type should suffice. The Ludicolor can be exchanged for another grass type, probably Breloom, Tropius, or Roselia, depending on which way you want to go with it. The Kabuto should be exchanged for a bug type, a Venomoth or Ariados would probably be best. The rest of the team is fine. But three water types was overkill. ^^

Negai Boshi
Name: Hiro. Ceron's neighbor who is dragged into things he doesn't want to do. Jaelyn's rival. Hiro is pretty reserved most of the time, but is very mind and funny once he warms up to you. He's a computer genius and can calculate statistics in his head quickly during a battle. He feels the need to protect Kail from his brother. His team also came from a randomizer:

Butterfree
Ambipom
Slowpoke
Garchomp
Voltorb
Gorebyss

I'd love advice on these teams and how to make them better, to fit the personalities and to have good types. Help please???

This guy needs a mostly new team, he needs a Metagross for starters.
Keep the Butterfree, Garchomp, add the Metagross, an Absol, A grass starter (Venusaur or Torterra would be best), and a Growlithe/Arcanine to round out his team.

Good luck with your fanfic. ^^  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:07 pm
I agree with krishnath on all of them. And I like Avalons team the best.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:02 pm
3 waters on one team happens when I use randomizers.... sweatdrop *edits*

Opinions now?  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:13 am
Looking good. As for Avalon and getting a starter, you have the option of exchanging the Rampardos for one. I suggest you go for a mudkip or piplup and its evolutions. But really any starter would do.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:48 pm
krishnath
Looking good. As for Avalon and getting a starter, you have the option of exchanging the Rampardos for one. I suggest you go for a mudkip or piplup and its evolutions. But really any starter would do.

Hmm....*tries to see how to work that into the story* What's so great about the starters? Is her team realy that bad without one?  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:42 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath

Hmm....*tries to see how to work that into the story* What's so great about the starters? Is her team realy that bad without one?

Not at all, infact it is a very good team. Starters are just common in teams. After all, all new pokemon trainers get a starter from the local Poke-proffessor (Or if none is around, nurse Joy). But then again, a few new pokemon trainers get their first pokemon from a family member ^^

Which reminds me, all the Pokeproffessors in the games/anime are named after various trees (Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan), so if you intent have one of those in your story, you would do well in following the tradition. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:40 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

Not at all, infact it is a very good team. Starters are just common in teams. After all, all new pokemon trainers get a starter from the local Poke-proffessor (Or if none is around, nurse Joy). But then again, a few new pokemon trainers get their first pokemon from a family member ^^

Which reminds me, all the Pokeproffessors in the games/anime are named after various trees (Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan), so if you intent have one of those in your story, you would do well in following the tradition. ^^

Well, it's not really your typical Pokemon story...How would I explain it....

Basically, Avalon, Kijana, and Jaelyn are from OUR world, but Mew forsaw the Pokemon world being in trouble and three humans from a distant world saving it, so it summoned them. I'm not far in the story yet, so far Avalon started spazzing out because she saw Pokemon and the three of them wound up at professor Oak's Lab. But that's it so far. I didn't really want them to get the normal Kanto starters, so I was thinking Oak would find a Vulpix, Eevee, and Ralts for them.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:20 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

Basically, Avalon, Kijana, and Jaelyn are from OUR world, but Mew forsaw the Pokemon world being in trouble and three humans from a distant world saving it, so it summoned them. I'm not far in the story yet, so far Avalon started spazzing out because she saw Pokemon and the three of them wound up at professor Oak's Lab. But that's it so far. I didn't really want them to get the normal Kanto starters, so I was thinking Oak would find a Vulpix, Eevee, and Ralts for them.

Sounds like it will be a fun read. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:10 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

I hope so. I'm only a chapter or so in. I want them to meet a lot of character's readers will recognize, so I gave Avalon a Rampardos so she could find a fossil, then go see Gary Oak about it, since he's good with prehistoric Pokemon.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:43 am
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

I hope so. I'm only a chapter or so in. I want them to meet a lot of character's readers will recognize, so I gave Avalon a Rampardos so she could find a fossil, then go see Gary Oak about it, since he's good with prehistoric Pokemon.

Can't wait to read it. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:23 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath
Negai Boshi
krishnath

Can't wait to read it. ^^

Yay-ness!  

Negai Boshi
Captain

Ikari Fang

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:23 pm
Negai Boshi

Vulpix
Eevee
Pigeot
Raichu
Marill
Girafarig

Eevee
Flareon
Jolteon
Vaporeon
Espeon
Umbreon

Gallade
Rampardos
Abomisnow Sneasel
Altaria
Gengar (I likes the idea of switching for a starter, but I kinda want to try it out with a Ghost type...???)
Mothim

Ninetails
Salamence
Politoad
Misdrevus
Shedinja Ninjask
Nosepass Lucario

Sandslash
Kabuto Ariados
Ludicolo Breloom
Natu
Feraligatr
Spinda

Butterfree
Ambipom Venusaur
Slowpoke
Garchomp
Voltorb Metagross
Gorebyss Arcanine

NOTE: Chances are, even if I listed an unevolved Pokemon, it will evolve during the story. Except for the Eevees for certain....

These are pretty good in my opinion. The teams are fairly well rounded off. Also, in my opinion, you really can't go wrong with your fanfiction/s. Your the writer and whatever you want to do in the story you can do. With fanfictions, the writer is basically god.  
Teams

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games