View Results

The Wolfe of YHWH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:55 pm
These petals
This blackened rose in a soil all my own
Shrouding your hallowed ground
Like seeds who'll never sow
Like forgery and larceny and my ill-gained revelry
I recite these scripted lines while embers of a different time...
Go drifting by...

When every word you ever said came true
All I missed in all of this was you

Can you see a shadow on me?
Calling me to leave
Find in me a trace of you in all this tragedy
You're the only home I know

These pieces
The shattered shard dancing in the moonlight
Glimmering and glistening
Preparing me for the night
I never learned to walk the surface on my own
So lately, this ocean floor has been feeling more like home

So take me in these fleeting moments of solitude in you
Remove this sordid fascination with shadow
And remove this shattered self of preservation
All that you forgave and give all you promised to...

Can you see this shadow lifting?
Drifting home again...

"A Shadow on Me"-Project 86

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 pm

Table of Contents
Post 1: 'Theme Song'
Post 2: Table of Contents
Post 3: Intro
Post 4: Prologue
Post 5: The Story So Far
Post 6: Rules
Post 7: Profile Skeletons
Post 8: Profiles
Post 9: Misc.

The Wolfe of YHWH

The Wolfe of YHWH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:03 pm
Introduction
Welcome to 'A Shadow on Me', a Naruto-based ninja RP, with what will hopefully be an intrigueing and entertaining story. This RP is semi-literate, meaning I'd like to see at least a four sentence post. (I don't count lines, because the different font sizes mess with my head. I count sentences.) This will hopefully be a long term RP. Proceed to find the story, the rules, profile skeletons and whatnot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:16 pm
Prologue

This is a story of intrigue, assasination, and grief. This is a story of rage, pain, and vengeance. This is a story of relief, rectification, and return. Most of all...this is a story of survival.
It all began when the Sixth Hokage of the Konoha Village retired, and the Seventh Hokage suceeded the Sixth. There was peace acrossed all the lands, and unity among the people. Ninjas began to fall out of favor, seen as useless tools from a bygone era. Of course, this created strife among the ninja groups, and many formed thier own mercenary factions, aiding whatever militant, land-owning thug would pay thier wages.
This lead to massive, senseless war, which obviously smote the peace the Seventh had tried so hard to build. He began touring the lands, putting a stop to the wars with incredible shows of power, and settling differences amongst militants and thier mercenaries. This led to another upheaval among the ninja, but this was left underground, for fear of invoking the Seventh's wrath. But a few plotted the Seventh's downfall.
In the middle of the night, in a war-camp were the Seventh had recently ended a bloody conflict, they struck. They slayed him while he slept, and stole away in the night. Upon discovery of his death, every ninja group blamed another, and war broke out again, even fiercer than before.
This is the story of that war-torn world. This is the story of the men, women, boy, and girls who are trying to make due. This is the story of the ninja who refuse to fight, those who try to end their bloody battles with clean-hands. This is the story of a shadowed land, the people who pray for the sun-rise, and those who try to raise the sun themselves, to remove the
'Shadow on Me'

The Wolfe of YHWH

The Wolfe of YHWH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:23 pm
Story so Far

The 'War of Shadows' as it has been called, has been raging for two years...two years of ceaseless toil, endless battle, and senseless bloodshed. Few have risen up and made and attempt at peace, and have set up a refugee camp they call 'The Village Hidden from Rising Sun'. It is a war-ravaged stump of land in the middle of war ravaged mountains, where war-ravaged snow falls continuosly, leaving the war-ravaged common folk to fend for whatever war-ravaged food and drink they can find...A few ninja dare to climb into the mountains, and if they return, they generally come bearing enough meat to pass a scrap to every resident of the 'village'. But they are still happy. They are safe, well-protected by those ninja that want the peace to return...They sing adn dance when the time permits, they toil for whatever food they can grow in thier wasteland home...but they are happy for having a home...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:49 pm
Rules

Overall
1. Follow Gaia ToS
2. Refrain from excessive swearing, in character or OOC (That means I'd rather not see an expletive every other word. In fact, I'd rather there be none at all, but I'm being nice)

Posting
1. Follow Gaia ToS
2. Clearly define your OOC from your in character type with some sort of bracket. NO posts of nothing but OOC, please.
3. This is a semi-literate Role Play. As Such, I'd like to see everyone putting in at least 4 sentence posts, but I'll make the occassionally exception.
4. In line with Rule 3, speak plain english. No l33t, chatspeak, or the like in character. I don't mind it in OOC, but I'll not respond (I'm jerky like that). Slang is okay, so long as it fits your character.
5. Try to post at least once a day, I understand if you can't, I have obligations to the real world as well. PM me if you're going to be leaving for any extended amount of time.
6. If your going to make a nifty post header/foter for your post, try to keep the pictures to a minimum, for those with slower internet and whatnot.
7. On that note, make your header/footer clearly defined from the body of your post.

In Character Specifics
1. Follow Gaia ToS
2. Try to stay in character. Kinda of hard to enforce with all OC's, but you know what you put in your profile.
3. Please post in novel format and use italics for thoughts and quotations for speaking. This means no first person or asterisks for actions. Also please post in past tense, such as 'he said' rather than 'he says.'
4. Don't ask for roleplaying help. It's agrivating and downright lazy. If you need help playing your character, resign your position of that character and choose another to which you can independently roleplay, or drop out altogether if need be.
5. Refrain from excessively violent or 'romantic' (You know what I mean) posts.
6. I really shouldn't have to say this for a semi-lit RP, but I'll cover my bases. No Goddmodding, no auto-hit, and the like.

OOC Specifics
1. Follow Gaia ToS
2. For every one sentence of OOC, I'd like to see twice that in in-character. This is just a suggestion, and won't oft be enforced, but if it gets out of hand, I will refer you to this rule.
3. There will be no OOC fighting in this thread. If you have a problem with something, PM me about it and I will see to it as soon as possible. I rarely go a day without at least getting online to check on things, so you shouldn't have to wait long.
4. Refrain from excessively violent or 'romantic' (You know what I mean) posts.

Profile Rules
1. Follow Gaia ToS
2. Send all Profiles to Wolfes Poetic (that's me)
3. Title the PM 'A Shadow on Me, Calling me to Leave' or else it'll be ignored as spam.
4. At the end of the PM, include a sample post, in character, consisting of at least 4 sentences.
3. Fill out every part, if it doesn't apply to you. If it doesn't apply type N/A.
4. Be realistic. Everyone has a weakness.
5. No No No people with Kyuubi Spirits, or any spirit, for that matter, trap within themselves.
6. If you want to have a character with a Kekkei Genkai, you've gotta be able to convince me your able to handle that with an absolutely stunning sample post. (If your going to be an Uchiha, you better write on-par with Stephen King, m'kay?)
7. If you must have a picture, put it in link form (as in words) You must include a small description though.
8. If you miss anything from here, I'll simply reply and ask if you've missed anything. Three Strikes, Your Out.

The Wolfe of YHWH

The Wolfe of YHWH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:06 pm
Profile Skeleton

Username: (Your username)
Character Name: (Your character's name)
Sex: (Male or Female?)
Appearance: (What does your character look like?)
Personality: (How does your character act?)
Biography: (What happened that brought your character into the story?)
Weapons: (What weapons does your character utilize?)
Ninja(Y/N): (Is or isn't your character a Ninja?)
If you answer no the the above question, delete the following portion of Profile.
--Ninja Level: (Be realistic. No eight year old Jounin.)
-Jutsu- (What jutsu does your character use? refer to naruto-kun.com for help with jutsus.)
TaiJutsu:
NinJutsu:
GenJutsu:
Kekkie Genkai: (Does your character have a Kekkei Genkai? If so, what?)--

Sample Post:

[align=center]
[size=9][color=yourpreferedpostcolor]Username:
Character Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Weapons:
Ninja(Y/N):
If you answer no the the above question, delete the following portion of Profile.
--Ninja Level:
-Jutsu-
TaiJutsu:
NinJutsu:
GenJutsu:
Kekkie Genkai:--[/color][/size][/align]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:18 pm
Profiles

Wolfes Poetic

Username: Wolfes Poetic
Character Name: Jochen Hieligtum
Sex: Male
Appearance: Old and Worn beyond his years. His face is deeply wrinkled, and his once vibrant green eyes are sunken in and dull. His gray hair falls just to his shoulders, but is often tied back on top of his head. He wears long flowing robes of a dull white, with a simple straw shade hat over his head. Something menacing lurks beneath those folds, sharp as the winds, and quick as lightning...
Personality: Quiet and observant, Jochen listens to every word a person says, then responds. He is a quick thinker, and his appearances can be decieving to some. He prefers the company of others, but he generally listens to thier tales and stories rather than telling stories himself.
Biography: Jochen was born long before the Shadow Wars, but his story starts at its begining. He was a leader of a ninja mercenary group, and actually fought, and won, many battles during the war. When the Seveth was slain, he realized what he was doing, and promptly disbanded his group. he eventually found his way to a worn and ragged refugee camp, and set about making it a better place. He has since been declared the leader of the camp, but rejects the title profusely.
Weapons: Shuriken, Kunai, and a katana...or is it something more?
Ninja(Y/N): Yes
--Ninja Level: Jounin
-Jutsu-
TaiJutsu: Drunken Fist Style: The style consist of high speed unpredictable attacks on the opponent, the whole style is very laid back and the user is usually seems to be messing around. They can pretend to be walking away, sleeping, or just being idle. The attacks are very powerful and even the best Taijutsu master would have difficulty dealing with the unpredictability of the whole fighting style.
Thousand Years of Pain: A technique where the user sneaks up behind his opponent, and performs a very powerful bum-jab.
Rising Impact Palm: A powerful attack which involves focusing a lot of power into a uppercutting attack using ones palm. This attack has enough power to even throw the heavest opponents in the air
Shadow Shuriken: A technique which places a second shuriken in the shadow of a first (thrown) shuriken, confusing the enemy.
NinJutsu: Body Freeze Jutsu: Used to immobilize enemies. Stops them and freezes them in their tracks.
Substitution Jutsu: It's implied in the name. The user switches his or her body with a plant, animal or anything for that matter. This is used to escape dangerous situations such as many sharp projectiles being flung at the person. Sometimes you can damage your opponent with this attack even.
Transformation Jutsu: A basic shinobi skill. Transforms the user into another different appearance. Whether they transform into another person or turn into a material thing such as a shuriken, doesn't matter.
Water Clone Jutsu: Creates clones composed of water. When hit, it automatically dissolves and returns back into shapeless water. This one is capable of attacking. The clone has 1/10 of the power of the original. It can only be controlled while still in a certain radius of the user.
GenJutsu: Clone Jutsu: Everyone is required to know this. Requirement to Graduate as a Gennin. This is a basic jutsu. It creates illusions of the caster, in other words: clones. These are basic clones that aren't real. If they are hit by something, they automatically disappear.
Dispel: A jutsu that destroys/cancels out an illusionary jutsu attempted on the user.
Kekkie Genkai: None--

Username: Wolfes Poetic
Character Name: Matrose Tawn
Sex: Male
Appearance: Matrose is 6'6" tall, wieghing 285lbs, not an ounce of which is superflouos flesh. He stands tall and straight, and his muscles, not bulging, but visible, flex to-and-fro as if alive underneath his loose green/black/brown camo T-shirt. His legs are wholly masked by a pair of baggy black denims with enough pockets to store an arsenal of kunai and shuriken. His onyx-black hair is cut short, well above the forehead, and up and faded from the ears. The two most distinguishing features though, are the massive guillotine blade strapped to his back, wrapped in an old leather sheath, and a pure white wooden face-mask, which is continously covering his face. Two blue eyes pure out from behind the eye-slits, but nothing else about his face is descernible.
Personality: Matrose is very quiet and reserved, prefering to delegate questions to the other members of the village. He is fiercely loyal, though, and will ceaseless fight to defend the village from whatever attacks are thrown at it.
Biography: Matrose was born toa middle class family of merchants, who lived a happy life of peace and prosperity. Until it happened. The Seventh Hokage was slain, and turmoil erupted. Many families turned out, lynching each other for being suspected aids to 'suspicious folk'. Matrose parents were victims of this lynching, and Matrose was left by himself. He found a sword in an abandoned blacksmith's shop, and picked up the mask off of a fallen ninja. He picked up the ninja headband the corpse wore as well, and all its shuriken and kunai. He drew a deep gash acrossed the Hidden Mist Headband, and tied it around the sheath of his blade. He found his way to the village after wandering through the wilderness, and has been its unofficial protector ever since.
Weapons: A Guillotine Blade, shuriken and kunai, two windmill shuriken.
Ninja(Y/N): No

The Wolfe of YHWH

The Wolfe of YHWH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:22 pm
Miscallaneaous

I'm wanting after someone with artistical skills to make a bunch of nifty headers for each section of the RP, and the rules subsections, to make it all prettied up. I'd rather it be a charity act >< but if it's incredible, I'll prolly send you a trade...

~//||`OPEN`||\~

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:56 pm
((Whatever. It's open. I'm gonna post, because i'm bored ><))

Matrose sighed as he leaned against the frigid tree. It was dead...the whole place was dead, save for these people, who fought against the grips of death, and against all odds, were starting to win the stalemate. People still died, but nearly as many. They had small crops going, and no one was starving. Matrose grinned as a few small boys tumbled through the snow, wrestling happily as if nothing were wrong...
'This is my home. These children are my family. Everyone here is my family...I'll not lose them. I'll not forsake them. I'll protect them with my life.' Matrose thought as he grit his teeth and clenched his hands. Suddenly, his whole world was white. He gasped as the frigid snow ran down teh front of his shirt, and wiped it dfrom his face. He glared at the boys in mock anger, and then returned fire. He dove behind a tree, laughing happily as he played with these boys, these...his "brothers".

Jochen stared out of his tent and smiled, watching the swordsman playing amongst the children. It would be good for him. The boy rarely played, he always seemed deathly serious, even at the happiest of times. But no matter, Jochen thought, he had work to do. Jochen sighed and turned back to his desk, looking at the most rwecent map of conflicts in the area. They were getting closer and closer tio the village...
'What will we do? At this point, we are surrounded, and any attempt to move from here will cost more lives than it saves...but the same can be said for remaining here...' Jochen sighed and wrung his hands, wishing he could be playing among the snow with those boys...

The Wolfe of YHWH

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff