Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
k o n i g i r i :: W I P ||critiques needed!||

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

konigiri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:37 pm

User Image

This will be a dump fo 2013's works in progress.

:current work:
User Image

Need help on his arm. The anatomy/perspective makes it look smaller than it should be. During lineart phase, a friend told me that if I shade it the right way, it wouldn't look off... If anyone has any ideas about how to CG it the right way, please help.

Harsh critiques welcomed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:07 pm
Whoa, nice biggrin

I'm not sure I usually shade my "objects further away" a "shadow shade" or fade it towards the background color much like HTK's style of coloring? haha I have no originality OTL  

TRP86

Ms_Kaos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:50 am
The bent arm needs to actually be alittle bit longer. IF you fold your arn like his then your elbow comes just a few mor inches above the top of your head. Now for the arm thats fadingin into the background. To make it look further back in the background, then his arm needs to get smaller and smaller as you go from sholder to hand. The further back it goes the smaller it should be drawn. And yes it will look weird when yu first draw it smaller, but with the right shading and finishing the background, it will look right. I promise!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:35 am
The proportions are quite nice. Many have pointed out the bent arm issues, but the left side of him I think his shoulder looks a bit too far away (where it comes to its highest point), as if it was actually part of his upper arm.

Also, I'm not sure how to say this correctly, but hopefully I won't confuse you too much, but also his clavicle area (from his neck to his shoulder) on the left seems to dip too low in comparison to the right. I know his shoulder would raise since his arm is, but I just think it needs a slight less slope. His thub is a little tiny too. Yes, I'm getting that picky, because fortunately for you, he doesn't have many anatomical issues. :] Nice job so far!

ie. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/images/ency/fullsize/19623.jpg

There's a basic structure of the neck to the shoulder. Hope it helps. D:  

Irot

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas