Submit

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:34 am
I will make this topic for those of you who have at least heard of the series. Feel free to discuss it at your leisure. (I doubt you will because any topic I make fails horribly.) I bring this series up because I have recently started the series over. I still love, as I have for the past couple years. Have fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:28 am
>>

Haven't heard of it...
Haha sorry your topics fail miserably. ;P

<<

SapphireSara2
Captain

Masquanade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:53 pm
I started Wheel of Time when I was an exchange student in Japan, and my free time was nothing but reading. I LOVED the first book, and the second book was good too. Third was good, but not as great as the previous, and the fourth I had to push myself through. I'm now on the fifth book and about 100 pages til the end and I just can't get myself to finish it.

I would like to finish reading the series- but I've heard people recommend to stop reading either after the third or fifth book, as the following books really drag.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, since I'm starting the series over again, I forgot how much happens in the first few books. I admit it does start to drag after a while, but once you start, you can't stop no matter how bad it gets. And you aren't too far in the series from Rand turning the world inside out. I know by now he's done a lot, but there is one thing he does that puts everyone on their knees in sheer awe. If you wish to know what it is, continue the series.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100

SketchySolid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:14 pm
I've read the series so far, and I couldn't put it down throughout its entirety. I will admit that the first books were the best, but they were all really good. I was sorry to hear recently that the author, Robert Jordan, died to cancer a few weeks back. That's really too bad. Plus, I really did want him to finish the series off...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:27 am
Sorry to disappoint you, but cancer couldn't kill Robert Jordan. He died because of blood amyloidoses. Really rare. Really messed up.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100

Hungrynomad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:30 pm
Robert Jordan (a.k.a. James Oliver Rigney, Jr.) was a fine author, probably one of the most memorable as far as I'm concerned. I'm aware there are remarkable authors out there but Mr. Jordan captivated me from the get go. A friend of mine thought I would be interested and the rest is history. Mr. Jordan has the literary flair on par with the great J.R.R. Tolkien. His characters are believable, to a degree and his gift for imagery is astounding...I don't have to tell anyone how geat he was, just read any of his works....you'll see.

But sadly, yes, he has passed away and he will be sorely missed but overwhelmingly admired......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:26 pm
Though there's no point, I may as well give my thread one last breath of life.

The next Wheel of Time books is almost out. It is called Towers of Midnight. When Brandon Sanderson did The Gathering Storm, I really liked it. I'm hoping this will be good as well. I have alread pre-ordered/payed for it. It has a publishing date of November 2, this year. Hopefully, the book will be shipped to me around then. Anyways, really excited for this book. I can't ******** wait.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
Books/Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items