Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
help with flames

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Phar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:24 pm
For my Flaming Falcons I wish to make all vetrens and termies be alight with fire may i please have some help on the subject. I have looked and tride some stuff but none of it works and i want them to look verry nice and i want to make them myself if i can, (to keep from giveing my brother all my money to do it for me)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:44 am
When i thought about doing flame falcons (this was years ago), I was stumped. So I thought Id just paint them to look charred and burnt here and there on their armor.

If you still want to do flames, then I have no idea what to tell you. The other thing to consider though, is what is their paint scheme. Unless GW has updated its 21st founding info, they showed colors for everyone but the sons of anteus and the flame flacons. Even the minotaurs got colors.

So maybe start worrying about that? Maybe someone whos more conversion happy will come in here with a tip.

King Kento

King Phar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:19 am
Ups true i thought they were red and black but that's the The Legion Of The Dambed hmmmm i was thuinking like silver with red/orange/yellow flames or something like that it would make the chared effect look cool and a bit easyer.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:45 am
Sculpt fire, like the SoB Cannoness backpacks?

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

King Phar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:39 pm
yes like that but i want the modle to be covered in it  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:35 pm
Well, you'd be using a LOT of modelling putty, I can tell you that much.

Well, I dunno how well this'll work, you might try it on a throwaway model.

Paint the model normally, without flame, in whatever colors they typically have.

Mix up a batch of GW Water Effects with red, orange, and yellow ink until you have a nice fiery-colored goo. Either brush this liberally onto the model or dip it (again, I don't know how well this'll work...). Wait for it to dry, and give it some texture, some sharp fiery points, some lines through it, and use a little bit of red, yellow, and orange paint to make certain areas of the flame more vivid.

Heck, I might try this myself. xp  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:28 am
King Phar
yes like that but i want the modle to be covered in it

Well when why not just have a meteor?

Seriously, if you've ever see someone on fire, the flames only appear on the upper-side. There is some winding fire across the bode, but for the sakes of the amodelling, unless you want to really go into it, shoulders, heads, knees, feet and some on the chest would be fine.

-Mykal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:32 pm
DarkElf27
Well, you'd be using a LOT of modelling putty, I can tell you that much.

Well, I dunno how well this'll work, you might try it on a throwaway model.

Paint the model normally, without flame, in whatever colors they typically have.

Mix up a batch of GW Water Effects with red, orange, and yellow ink until you have a nice fiery-colored goo. Either brush this liberally onto the model or dip it (again, I don't know how well this'll work...). Wait for it to dry, and give it some texture, some sharp fiery points, some lines through it, and use a little bit of red, yellow, and orange paint to make certain areas of the flame more vivid.

Heck, I might try this myself. xp
i have to say that is a good idea and i will proably do that and i would goop it on then mold it as it drys to get the fire where i want it, and yes i was thinking about it Mykal i will proably try it on the intire model once and try only parts on another to see how they look  

King Phar

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff