Submit

Vincent M. Martyr

Unbeatable Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:48 am
Japanese Ska or J-Ska is some of the most awesome ska I have ever heard. First pioneered by Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, many other big J-Ska bands have appeared and taken the scene by storm. Though I can't understand a word that's being said, I still love it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:46 am
japanese ska has never really impressed me as a whole. yeah theres some good ones like TSPO and Potshot or some of the bands that were featured on the Nihon Ska Dansu compilation, but other wise its all pretty lack luster for me. how ever, not a day goes by that i dont listen to those few band i do like  

Slag10

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:47 am
I can't handle and Japanese music. It just bugs me, and whenever I hear it, I imagine wapanese 12 year-olds singing along. Which bugs me more.

I like German music though. Probably because of my brother, who listens to it a lot.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:25 pm
The only thing I don't understand about the youth of today is how asian culture got so big. I mean I find nothing wrong with it its just not what everyone (especaily around this site) makes it out to be. I can't really speak for these bands I will give them a listen then judge them but as far as I can tell you throw a J in front of anything and kids will eat pocky and listen to it.  

Kingshortpants

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:50 pm
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra is amazing. I'd suggest getting their newest greatest hits CD (Best of Tokyo Ska: 1998-2007) Its an amazing cd, even if its quite expensive for a CD.

Also, check out Doberman. They're pretty good. and good almost half of TSPO's songs are in english.

Dance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:41 am
Another really good Japanese ska band is The Miceteeth.

Those guys got soul.  

King Of The Ska
Captain

Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas