Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Sisters of Battle allies color for my grey knights army

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

screaming_hawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:12 am

i need a bigger army, adn i want to expand it in the witch hunters general direction, should i make my Sisters the same color as my grey knights or what?

if any1 has any recomendations or tips, they would b gladly apreciated. smile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:20 am

You can't beat Black with anything but a good White. But that's hella' difficult to get right.

So I'd say stick with Black.

Marcus McFlufferson

screaming_hawk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:51 am

but i dont use black
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Well then... maybe some pictures are in order. A description at least if pictures aren't avaliable

Dizy_lizy

screaming_hawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:02 pm

User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 pm

Hmm, well I think that if it is a Witch Hunter army that integrates Demon Hunter elements that would mean a witch hunters theme would make sense. I also think that unless you decide on an alternate theme then the traditional red and black of Witch Hunters would look nice than the silver and gold of Demon Hunters.

I could see you possibley doing something interesting that combines the two themes. Possibley have silver and gold on the majority of the model and paint a Witch Hunter theme on the Left shoulder pad.... hmmm. Maybe, maybe not. I'm not to sure about that idea.

My only major advice is that if you do go with gold and silver try and ad some other colours to the theme.

edit.

Actually I just looked at your thread where you display several models and I have an idea for a theme and some advice for painting.

We'll do advice first. First I don't think your base coating your models. If you paint the model black first and then do your colours I think you will have a much easier time achieving the some of the affect you look like your going for. Also for the ink (I'm assuming the blue is ink, if its not then its a very shiny not GW colour) water it down some more and use a little less.

Now the theme. Using a black base coat paint your silver leaving out shoulder and knee pads. Do all shoulder and knee pads in a red and black theme. Leave the gold for trinkets and decoration over the model. Try using gold on storm bolter's casing and the hiltish part of the halberd. Then you know do some cool stuff like blue blades on weapons, maybe do some shading. I think that could look cool. Not really sure though, if you do do the theme I would like to see pictures smile

Dizy_lizy

cyberagent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:46 pm

Hmmm.....I think you should go with white theme for the Sisters.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:34 pm

If you wanted to do white, however, you could do this 3 layer process that makes your white less crappy looking. Lay on a this layer of codex gray, then a layer of fortress gray, then skull white. Do thin coats, that way you don't annihalate your details. At the ende, you could put some gloss varnish on and it'll make it shinier.

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:36 am

Dunno, I think Sisters of Battle would look great in Fortress Grey with gold trim.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:01 pm

Well your gray knights are pretty basic colour scheme so I would say to do your battle sisters in an equally light colour.
Do the white, but go with some very definitely colour changes. The blue for example. Do some of their details in blue.

Andreis

razer_ice_hanyou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:18 pm

i hate the metalic paint, well for a major color anyway. my knights have codex gray and it looks hot ill get some pics up soon.
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games