Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Europe kicked from global? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mebby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:17 am
I've heard that europen accounts have been banned from GMS?

I mean I doubt it, beeing global and all but since I don't play global can any one confirm it?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:59 am
Yes it says Greeting play maple europe instead when I try to log on. I HATE NEXON!! Maple GLOBAL is becoming maple america.  

mejoel

Raijair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:15 am
mejoel
Yes it says Greeting play maple europe instead when I try to log on. I HATE NEXON!! Maple GLOBAL is becoming maple america.
I think the logic they're using is " Europeans have their own version so lets make them play that even when we said the ones who had already made characters can still play " ...I hope this is just a mistake 'cause it would suck for alot of high lvl's it seems sad  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:27 am
mejoel

It says on the global site that global is for people WITHOUT A LOCALIZED VERSION of Maple story. Now that eMS is out, Europeans are not supposed to play global anymore. I feel bad for those who lost characters that they have been devoting their time to, especially those who made their characters before eMS was created.

So don't go and say global is doing it because they want America to be the only region to play, when that's obviously not true. (Australia, Canada, Mexico, South America, and any other region without a Maple story) And yes, gMS is based in California and the company that owns it is called Nexon America, but that doesn't mean only citizens of the US can play.

FrozenVine

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100

Yuzi_K

Healing Hero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:59 am
Didnt Nexon say they'd let those characters created before eMS came out, stay?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:18 am
Everyone who already had a maple global account were not allowed on the game this morning. Whether they plan on changing that, nobody can know for sure. If they don't allow the players back on, then there's no doubt more than half will quit. Especially if their levels were above 80.  

E For Explosion

Mebby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:23 am
Its probably because Europes server is so empty.. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:51 am
Sasuke49
mejoel

It says on the global site that global is for people WITHOUT A LOCALIZED VERSION of Maple story. Now that eMS is out, Europeans are not supposed to play global anymore. I feel bad for those who lost characters that they have been devoting their time to, especially those who made their characters before eMS was created.

So don't go and say global is doing it because they want America to be the only region to play, when that's obviously not true. (Australia, Canada, Mexico, South America, and any other region without a Maple story) And yes, gMS is based in California and the company that owns it is called Nexon America, but that doesn't mean only citizens of the US can play.
Mexico South america and Canada are in an "america" I mean to say though its becoming more American exclusive for things such as target. I bought 185 dollars worth of NX when I was there 2 weeks ago (complete waste now) and made a character in Global a year and a half ago. Also look at this. Nexon went back on their word neutral User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They said that two months ago but it apparently diden't mean anything to them I guess.  

mejoel

Feety
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:08 pm
Not banned, blocked.

You can get a proxy and get on.
My friend from england is playing right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:58 pm
Well im an optimist (and an american neutral ) so i think hoorah for a lowered server population on global. On another note....It's Mebby!  

Kyruni

Mebby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:22 pm
Mebby plays europe and isn't looking forward to a bunch of annoying people from global comeing.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:28 pm
Feety
Not banned, blocked.

You can get a proxie and get on.
My friend from england is playing right now.
Yeah thats what Im planning but still my friends might not know how to get one.  

mejoel

mejoel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:33 pm
Kyruni
Well im an optimist (and an american neutral ) so i think hoorah for a lowered server population on global. On another note....It's Mebby!
So you'd be happy If assuming you live in America, got serperated from global and became maple America and have to start over and have your NX go to waste? Not that that would happen but its like that for people in Europe.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:37 pm
I have a feeling nexon will conduct a server check sometime today I hope
I hope so because maple global is not the same without my European friends.
[Two of my closest friends live in London and can't access the game at the moment =(]  

Darkaznstargoddess

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

0Jackie0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:52 pm
Well it was true but now a lot of my friends from europ can play...  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff