Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Help with converting Rough Riders

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valandil517

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:49 am
Hey, to save some money, i was wondering if it was accetable to convert some Empire/Brenonites (or however it is spelled) into the Impeirium Rough Riders. any tips on how to do it?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:09 am
That's actaualy a good idea. I've seen it done and they looked good. Switch the torso and such for whatever IG regiment your using. That way the uper body of hte model looks like your regiment. There was extra little details the guy here had done, but I don't remember...v,v  

Ruric Torrune

Valandil517

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:14 am
how best would i make their weapons not all lances, but some other 40k things? could the green putty help with this at all?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:32 pm
Personally, I think it would be better to use the existing Attilan Rough Riders rather than the Knights from Fantasy. I think that a bare horse fits the futuristic setting far better than the dark ages armour and heraldry. All you have to do is attach the Cadian (or whatever army) torsos to the legs from the calvary set and BAM! rough riders.

For guns and whatnot, simply use the arms off of the Cadians or whomever. Then just paint a consistant colour scheme and you're good.  

Xenos Mortium

Valandil517

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:05 pm
the reason why i wanted to use empire/brennonights is because i can get 9 for $35 dollars (u.s.) compared to 10 bucks a model of rough riders. would it look all that good if i were to mabye fletch off the armor? i am completely new to warhammer 40k (i haven't even got a copy of the rules or any miniatures yet) so waht do you mean by "All you have to do is attach the Cadian (or whatever army) torsos to the legs from the calvary set and BAM! rough riders" thanks anywasy for you all helping me with my quest.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:34 pm
Cadian's are a Guardsmen regiment. They're a plastic set, and their uper torso is unassembled.  

Ruric Torrune

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff