Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
why

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune Archangel

Divine Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:31 pm
Why do people find it it hard to believe a priest can die. I have one and I died today and I got like 5 people f6ing me at gobys and asking me "How could you die!" I was like we are like all other classes we can die,we are not gods or immortal.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:28 pm
Most people forget we have low hp and that not all priest are as careful as other at gobies..

And the fact that even if we do have maxed heal, its useless if you receive more damage than your actual hp.

Ex; Not paying attention to when Magic guard is off or when their mp is empty..

Forgetting invincible.

Or forgetting to heal their hp as they buff or hb goes off and they don't have enough hp to take an actual hit from a bone fish or a physical attack from a goby house.

Or Logging on after being dced due to the aqua glitch and getting hit by a goby or bone fish or landing on a house. x.x; Painful..

I know several 14x priests that still die at gobies. xD So Don't worry about it. Simply just ignore those strange stares and head back to your party and continue as you were.

Sometimes people f6 because its a dead person not because of the class? o.o I do that when a sin or anyone dies on my map..

Darkaznstargoddess

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:44 pm
I'm a priest. I can die easily if I don't cast magic guard since I only have around 1.3k hp(maybe a bit more or less)
I usually have magic guard on so I don't die. The cause for moth my deaths are:
-going into a training zone(gobies) without casting magic guard first
-fighting pap and it dispels and I accidentally cast invincible isntead of amgic guard so the pap kills me (Lol)

Yeah that's it basically. I mean, I use the ginseng things so it heals hp and mp so I don't worry about dying. I never forget magic guard since it lasts so long so I'm fine wink
But... it is possible to die, as a priest(especially when you're papping and have to check your hp, spam heal and look at the top and rememebr to cast amgic guard the isntant pap dispels you) =(

I'd suggest always casting magic guard at mosnters that kill you in 2 shots or less but if you want to save money, don't cast amgic guard if you get killed in 2 hits. Try to just heal right.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:34 pm
This irritates me, too, even though I never made it to priest.

Darkaznstargoddess
And the fact that even if we do have maxed heal, its useless if you receive more damage than your actual hp.

Too true. It amazes me how many people actually don't know this, and think I can stay alive as long as I'm holding down my heal hotkey.  

Meigumii

zonic69

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:18 pm
i think ive died more times on my cleric than my bandit xD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:24 am
I hate it when people do that.
Don't let it phase you, ignore it and walk away.
And there's no way to stop them, just tell them to STFU. >_>  

Zarow

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces