Reply Music - Related Topics
Goth Music Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sautana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:37 pm
Anyone know different bands that play goth rock that can be easily bought in music stores. Im from the Philippines and I couldnt really find any crying  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:46 am
The Cure, Joy Division, and Siouxsie and the Banshees are usually easy to find at bookstores.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:32 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
The Cure, Joy Division, and Siouxsie and the Banshees are usually easy to find at bookstores.

I've also been able to find some Peter Murphy and Love and Rockets at a Borders. Also look for Cocteau Twins, Alien Sex Fiend, Clan of Xymox, and I once got a Bad Seeds album at my local bookstore.

iTunes has almost everything.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:01 pm
Thanks for the info 3nodding  

Sautana

THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:07 pm
I got Christian Death's 'The Decomposition of Violets' at FYE.
Along with ASF's greatest hits, and some black tape for a blue girl.
And my favorite compilation ever, "The Gothic Box: A Life Less Lived".
=D
You can also find alot of new wave 80's mixes that have some good songs, and stuff like Siouxsie and the Cure is pretty easy to find, also.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:30 am
At my local Best Buy, I was able to find In the Flat Field by Bauhaus, Houses of the Mole by Ministry (if you want to count them), a good supply of the Cure, and even a single stray Cruxshadows album.

You'd be better off ordering online, or going to a Hot Topic though.  

Basque_Absinthe

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:27 am
Basque_Absinthe
At my local Best Buy, I was able to find In the Flat Field by Bauhaus, Houses of the Mole by Ministry (if you want to count them), a good supply of the Cure, and even a single stray Cruxshadows album.

You'd be better off ordering online, or going to a Hot Topic though.

Lawlz, I don't know what Hot Topic you go to, but I've yet to find much there. I've heard tell of people finding one or two things there, but it definitely shouldn't be your first stop. :S

Most Borders and Barnes and Noble stores will most likely have MantaRay. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:25 pm
I would order with amazon or ebay if they don`t have any goth music in the stores. Music you might find in almost every store is the classic Sisters of Mercy ( still one of my fav bands.) and The Cure. I´ve been in South America and I know that certain music types and bands can`t be found easily. From your writing it seems to be similar in the Philippines. Hope you find something that you like.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:38 am
instead of buying them hun, try LimeWire, i found most of my music off of it.. just an idea is all...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:43 pm
CypressMoons
instead of buying them hun, try LimeWire, i found most of my music off of it.. just an idea is all...

Getting ahold of goth music really isn't impossible, and a lot of us want to support the bands we love.

"Believe it or not, you are not valuable to the artist if you do not contribute to his success...If you get an artist's work for free and then show it to a friend while also showing him how to get it for free, you are not creating a fan or helping the artist, you're adding another leech into the system. Only when you or your friend actually contribute to the artist's work are you fans in the real sense of the word."

~ ANN, Answerman  

GilAskan
Crew

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:00 pm
GilAskan
CypressMoons

Getting ahold of goth music really isn't impossible, and a lot of us want to support the bands we love.

"Believe it or not, you are not valuable to the artist if you do not contribute to his success...If you get an artist's work for free and then show it to a friend while also showing him how to get it for free, you are not creating a fan or helping the artist, you're adding another leech into the system. Only when you or your friend actually contribute to the artist's work are you fans in the real sense of the word."

~ ANN, Answerman

I, personally, think it depends on your reasoning for downloading it.

I download songs and albums, and make a list. I give each one a week or two, and then decide if they are worth buying. If not, I delete them.

If it's a band I already know, I usually skip this process, and I also go by word of mouth. Especially you people.

I usually do this in waves too. I download songs from about 10 bands, decide amongst those, buy or delete, and begin the process over.

I think that's a good way to go about things. :S  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:30 pm
My favorite goth band is called Moonspell, a Puerto Rican (if I remember correctly) gothic band that sounds like a mix of Type O Negative, opera, techno, and somewhat like Alice in Chains. Fernando Ribeiro, the lead vocalist has a vocal range that goes from Bella Lugosi-esque baritone to a harsh metal growl. The music has a metallic goth-classical tone with the occasional electronica beats. I'd reccomend it. You can find Moonspell on iTunes and FYE  

Nyxson

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 am
I Want Discipline
GilAskan
CypressMoons

~ ANN, Answerman

I download songs and albums, and make a list. I give each one a week or two, and then decide if they are worth buying. If not, I delete them.

If it's a band I already know, I usually skip this process, and I also go by word of mouth. Especially you people.

I usually do this in waves too. I download songs from about 10 bands, decide amongst those, buy or delete, and begin the process over.

I'll stop downloading free music, when the music industry, including iTunes, drops this choke hold it has and starts charging reasonable prices, did you know that over here in the UK a CD costs on average with the current exchange rate: $30-$40 a simgle mp3 off iTunes can cost up to $5, its ludicrous, you could charge £10 ($20) for an album and still make lots of prophet, instead, they constantly over charge us, and only a very, very, very small percent of what you pay for those records goes to support the artist, most of it is spent on advertising, PR Guys expense accounts and record executives big fat pay checks. I don't see any reason why I should support a beaurocratic system designed to rob me of a significant amount of money for 45minutes-1hours worth of audio only entertainment.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:56 am
Rellik San
I Want Discipline
GilAskan
CypressMoons

~ ANN, Answerman

I'll stop downloading free music, when the music industry, including iTunes, drops this choke hold it has and starts charging reasonable prices, did you know that over here in the UK a CD costs on average with the current exchange rate: $30-$40 a simgle mp3 off iTunes can cost up to $5, its ludicrous, you could charge £10 ($20) for an album and still make lots of prophet, instead, they constantly over charge us, and only a very, very, very small percent of what you pay for those records goes to support the artist, most of it is spent on advertising, PR Guys expense accounts and record executives big fat pay checks. I don't see any reason why I should support a beaurocratic system designed to rob me of a significant amount of money for 45minutes-1hours worth of audio only entertainment.

Couldn't have said it better.

I buy used. I download. I share. Until the music industry realizes how quickly it's losing its supporters and stops gouging prices I will not buy a new CD, unless released by a local or independent label.

Sharing Heartbeats

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces