Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).
Opinions on hacked Pokemon. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:08 pm
I personally think it's wrong to hack a game or cheat in any way. But people do it anyways. What's your opinion on the matter?

Also, if you've obtained a hacked Pokemon through the GTS, and you are anti-hacking, what do you suppose should be done with the Pokemon?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:25 am
I don't hack, but I push the limits. I breed my own SUPER-POKEMON. lol.  

Hellz Shadow

krishnath

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:02 am
I really, really, really hate hackers and hacked pokemon. Seriously. What is the point of using stuff like Action Replay and Gameshark? It takes all the challenge out of the games.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:30 am
krishnath
I really, really, really hate hackers and hacked pokemon. Seriously. What is the point of using stuff like Action Replay and Gameshark? It takes all the challenge out of the games.

Yeah, that's what I think too. But, say you got a Pokemon from the GTS, then realized that it was probably hacked (Caught in a Master Ball) I feel bad disowning it, but........  

Negai Boshi
Captain

NinjaRickDanMan

6,300 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:35 pm
i don't know maybe they could be the next top pokemon to have  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:27 am
I hate to admit this, but I do tend to use a game shark. I've beaten my gba games so often the legit way that I just wanted to get through and finish the dex. Plus, I just let my friends borrow my games, and since I needed them done to pal park, I sped through with the shark. redface  

Neppeta

Beloved Fairy

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Lailah17

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:52 am
krishnath

I agree. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:48 am
krishnath

To me, hacking screams out "I am incapable of breeding/raising my own pokemon without the use of a cheating device." I know it can be difficult to breed the perfect pokemon, but it is INSULTING to me if somebody just hacks their way to a decent pokemon.

"Nice pokemon! You must have spent quite a long time deciding on egg moves, natures, and chain breeding. I really respect your determination and dedication to breeding!"

"wha...? No, dude. I hacked this pokiemans. It took me only a few minutes."

"...... >____>"

*if looks could kill...*

Aphrodine

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:51 pm
Like Krishnath said it takes all the fun out of a game when you cheat. LIke my brother for example, he has 3 badges and has the entire pokedex completed...whats the point of still playing?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:40 pm
well...i hadnt played pokemon since blue/red/yellow when diamond and pearl came out...so i did "cheat" i used it only for the complete pokedex. other than that my team is 100% legit. i mean...for someone who doesnt have every game...that does come in handy...but creating a perfect pokemon...thats just wrong...i mean....look at mewtwo  

Anunnaki Assassin

Invisible Regular

9,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200

krishnath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:57 am
Chef Kud
well...i hadnt played pokemon since blue/red/yellow when diamond and pearl came out...so i did "cheat" i used it only for the complete pokedex. other than that my team is 100% legit. i mean...for someone who doesnt have every game...that does come in handy...but creating a perfect pokemon...thats just wrong...i mean....look at mewtwo

Mewtwo doesn't need to be perfect to be deadly. ^^

As for the pokemon you are missing, you are able to trade for them you know. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:37 pm
I think that it's fine to use codes for Pokemon that you like and want to have as a novelty, but not for competitive play, or the E-4 or anything like that. That's the bad kind of cheating.
Example:
I have a level 100 Shiny Celebi, complete with a Cherish Ball as its Pokeball, but I never use it at all. For anything.
Ever.
Not even helping other Pokemon level.

Plus, on older games, -everyone- messed around with Missingno, Glitch City, and whathaveyou. It was fun. (Unless it ated your game.)  

Uyraies

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:16 pm
LiteracyScaresMe
I think that it's fine to use codes for Pokemon that you like and want to have as a novelty, but not for competitive play, or the E-4 or anything like that. That's the bad kind of cheating.
Example:
I have a level 100 Shiny Celebi, complete with a Cherish Ball as its Pokeball, but I never use it at all. For anything.
Ever.

Plus, on older games, -everyone- messed around with Missingno, Glitch City, and whathaveyou. It was fun. (Unless it ated your game.)

Well, yeah, but Missingno. and Glitch city were Glithes. They were in the game to begin with, and pretty useless. (It ated my sisters game....) I think that abusing glitches is wrong, but you couldn't really abuse those ones...they hurt you more then they helped you, for the most part.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:24 am
Negai Boshi
LiteracyScaresMe
Example:
Ever.

Well, yeah, but Missingno. and Glitch city were Glithes. They were in the game to begin with, and pretty useless. (It ated my sisters game....) I think that abusing glitches is wrong, but you couldn't really abuse those ones...they hurt you more then they helped you, for the most part.

Except with Rare Candies, Masterballs, and the Mew Trick. ^^;  

Uyraies

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:37 pm
LiteracyScaresMe
Negai Boshi
LiteracyScaresMe
Example:
Ever.

Except with Rare Candies, Masterballs, and the Mew Trick. ^^;

Yeah, well, Rare candy's are stupid to begin with, but the masterballs were useful.....I glitched my sisters Blue version game up so badly testing everything *giggles*....never got the stupid Mew trick to work though.....She desn't play the game anymore, and I've managed to restrain myself from hurting my red and yellow versions....  
Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games