Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Gay Literature] Yaoi Books Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

irori

Eternal Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 pm
I have rarely seen any yaoi/slash in books and I'd love to try reading some. So if you could give me any suggestions I'd appreciate it!
The only one I've read is Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner and if you haven't read it you should.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:53 pm
most anything by Jet Mykles i can post the website up here if you want but if you looking for a good book by this author Snaged seems like a good first choice for the author  

protecterofelements

goingd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:29 pm
I wouldn't call it "yaoi", but there is an Irish novel based on the love between two boys in Irland in I think the 1940's called "At Swim, Two Boys." Not a bad read, but not kinky.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:30 pm
In Holly Black's book "Tithe" she brirfly mentions shonen ai (but she actually means yaoi) and one of the male characters sort of falls in love with a dark faerie lord person.  

[Romiette]

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:51 am
[Romiette]
In Holly Black's book "Tithe" she brirfly mentions shonen ai (but she actually means yaoi) and one of the male characters sort of falls in love with a dark faerie lord person.

eek heart I love that book! Roibenxwhatshisfaceevilfaerielordperson FTW! xD heart heart
Um. The Vampire Chronicles, of course... I saw a tiny little book called "Boy meets boy" and another one called "rainbow boys" (cheesy much?)
I also saw a book called "Bird and Sugar Boy" But I don't think it's yaoi, just the description at the back seemed slashy heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:48 am
There's a gay couple as one of the main stories in Mark Haddon's "A Spot of Bother". 3nodding

Also pretty much anything by Poppy Z. Brite. I don't actually recommend her as an author because anytime I try to read something by her, I space out, get bored, and try to flip to the parts with the making out.. but they're pretty gay so yeah.  

Skizzors
Crew

Akurei Demon Wolf

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:02 am
Sushii-Princess
[Romiette]

eek heart I love that book! Roibenxwhatshisfaceevilfaerielordperson FTW! xD heart heart
Um. The Vampire Chronicles, of course... I saw a tiny little book called "Boy meets boy" and another one called "rainbow boys" (cheesy much?)
I also saw a book called "Bird and Sugar Boy" But I don't think it's yaoi, just the description at the back seemed slashy heart

My friend loves Rainbow boys xd sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:06 am
Akurei Demon Wolf
Sushii-Princess
[Romiette]

same here my friend tried to get me to read it but i was bored with it ...... i mean its not a bad series but not my type of reading  

protecterofelements

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:05 pm
In non-graphic novels, if there's gay, I want it to be mostly sidestory.. I don't think I could read something like Geography Club or Boy Meets Boy, f'rinstance.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:40 pm
There is a manga that I bought, it's called 'Man's best friend'. It is sooooo good! It's about a dog that turns into a human when he gets excited, and falls in love with a guy (I forgot his name >_<; wink . It's very good. But, it does show thing *cough cough*.  

C a p o s h i

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:14 am
protecterofelements
Akurei Demon Wolf
Sushii-Princess
[Romiette]

same here my friend tried to get me to read it but i was bored with it ...... i mean its not a bad series but not my type of reading

Nn, A girl in my class was reading it and I was like "...yaoi? *__* " and "kindred spirit!" but you know, she might just be open-minded xD
I think I got her interested in the Vampire Chronicles, though.
Not a very nice girl unfortunately, but still. Eheh. I still like manga better...
SEEING it is better. *pervert*
Besides, sex can get a little cheesy if it's just in words... too much of harlequin-novel-ish stuff xD

EDIT: GAH! HOW COULD I FORGET!?
Ai no Kusabi is being licensed this November by DMP, I believe. JOY!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:54 pm
[The main characters of Calenture by Storm constantine are both bisexual]
[But, it's much more of a side thing and doesn't come up often]

Genica Pussywillow

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:22 pm
Akurei Demon Wolf
Sushii-Princess
[Romiette]

Mine too. She's always trying to get me to read it.

Skizzors
In non-graphic novels, if there's gay, I want it to be mostly sidestory.. I don't think I could read something like Geography Club or Boy Meets Boy, f'rinstance.

Geography Club was cool  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:28 pm
Nnn, Miss Sushii was told to read a book by a guy in the class, it was about hemaphrodites discovering their sexualities xD
Don't remember what it was called though sweatdrop

User_2629207

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:28 pm
Sushii-Princess
Nnn, Miss Sushii was told to read a book by a guy in the class, it was about hemaphrodites discovering their sexualities xD
Don't remember what it was called though sweatdrop
Wraethu or something like that?  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas