Reply Fantasy Books Guild
any good Dean Kootnz books?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

obscene_laughter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:39 am
Are there any good Dean Kootnz books that particulary stood out and kicked butt? I'm looking for books that might satisfy my need for action, violence or horror, so any suggestion on books that might 'scare' me would be appreciated...I've already read one of his books called "Odd Thomas", but it was kinda slow to pick up and it was a mite to descriptive... and I heard another one of his books are good but I don't remember the title. I'm kinda hard to scare-I'm used to reading Stephen King, I'm working on reading all of his books and haven't been bored by any of his books yet, and I'm almost done- and searching for more books to focus on. I also heard Patricia Cornwell is pretty good, but I haven't had a chance to finish any of the books that I had from the library.(though I'm interested in one or two, one I think its called "Body Farm")  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:00 pm
dean koontz just had his second in a Frankenstien series come out. but its not your average bolt-neck book. i haven't read it, but i hear from tons of people that they're preety good. it's simply called Dean Koontz's Frankenstein. im sure there's more to the title but it escapes me at the moment. xp  

cpt_morgan

obscene_laughter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:57 pm
huh... yeah, think there's more good books by him but i guess there's no one posting today xp  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:38 pm
hey hunn
False Memory

not "scary" but it gave me chills, and i would only read it with someone else in the room...  

haelia

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:58 pm
I have False Memory, Phantoms, Strangers, and Hideaway, but I haven't read them yet.

I loved his Life Expectancy, but I hated his By the Light of the Moon simply because I couldn't get into it. It was boring.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:48 pm
His book called Watchers is awesome! I am in love with that book. I didn't even know who he was when I read this book and it really got me interested in the rest of his books.  

Serenity-Revers

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lissy-jane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:44 am
obscene_laughter
Are there any good Dean Kootnz books that particulary stood out and kicked butt? I'm looking for books that might satisfy my need for action, violence or horror, so any suggestion on books that might 'scare' me would be appreciated...I've already read one of his books called "Odd Thomas", but it was kinda slow to pick up and it was a mite to descriptive... and I heard another one of his books are good but I don't remember the title. I'm kinda hard to scare-I'm used to reading Stephen King, I'm working on reading all of his books and haven't been bored by any of his books yet, and I'm almost done- and searching for more books to focus on. I also heard Patricia Cornwell is pretty good, but I haven't had a chance to finish any of the books that I had from the library.(though I'm interested in one or two, one I think its called "Body Farm")

If your still interested in horror, have you read Richard Laymon? The Stake or Savage are a good starting point. Wouldn't really call it fantasy though!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:27 pm
One of my absolute favorites was Watchers. It has some bloody gruesomeness and some action. Phantom is spookey and has you on the edge of your seats with the room extremely bright.

Out of the Corner of His eye is also spookey and has moderately gruesome action.

The House of Thunder has some nice but kicking action.

He is one of my absolute favorite authors, and everything I've read of his I have very much enjoyed.  

bizzybee723

murphyad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:27 pm
No

haha kidding kidding i read Dragon Tears it was really scary  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:22 pm
The scariest book I've read by him is Tick Tock. Literally I could not not read this book at night. It was absolutely amazing though.

Watchers was also really really good but it made me cry crying

Odd Thomas wasn't scary but it was so good. It also made me cry at the end though....wow I sound like such an emokid sweatdrop  

Salvadora_Dali

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff