Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
The Asian Question (as far as Genes are concerned) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukio-Vil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:35 pm
Ok. I had this arguement with a friend of mine: I'm 1/4 Filipino, so am I Asian or white? I don't like my parents, so I consider myself Asian (my dad's a deadbeat asian dude, so my mom's offended, but who the heck cares, right?) not white.
Since my dad's "Away" and no one's ever seen him, and I apparently got my looks from my mom, but the fact that I'm tall from my dad, people assume I'm white. Not that I hate whites, it's just that I prefer to be considered Asian.

So we got into the "Major/minor-ity" discussion. I have a friend who is 1/2 Filipino, just like my dad was. So, if he dates a white girl, his kid will be 1/4 filipino, just like me. So would his kid be white or asian?

Whatever they answer to that is how they should answer to me (except for this one dude [whose guts I hate, but still I hang out with him... why I don't know]), but that's not the case, because everyone KNOWS him, they DONT know my dad.

So, after that long LONG post, what am I???????? neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:35 pm
If the majority of your ethnictiy is white, then that should be your initial ethnicity...^^"  

Valentina Ambrosia Dizon

miko chizaru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:35 pm
you are what you are, half and half.

im mix in four way's. i never new my dad because he died before i was born. but from what my two mom's tell me he was great and he was bad. and i should except the fact im white, hispannic, chinese and japanese. and i am proud. you shouldnt care what people think of you.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:19 am
    × u are mixed! u cant deny that u have 1/4 Filipino blood.. and u cant deny your other 3/4 blood..

dont bother about the majority/minority thing.. it is a fact that you are mixed..

soumakisa

Oreo in Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:45 am
Exactly!

You are a 1/2 'n 1/2  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:32 am
i say ur mixed, u could call urslef asian, but your white half will still be there....  

angelanna08

Chinese Chami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:42 am
You're white-asian. Since you're both, that's what you would be considered. (As far as I know) People might just say that you're not asian because you might not have..

1. small eyes
2. black hair
3. glasses

or whatever! But you still have some Asian in your blood, so you're a mix!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:46 am
Your mostly white because the other 3/ benefits for your ethnictiy  

PHO Bowl

Yukio-Vil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:05 pm
ChineseChami
You're white-asian. Since you're both, that's what you would be considered. (As far as I know) People might just say that you're not asian because you might not have..

1. small eyes
2. black hair
3. glasses

or whatever! But you still have some Asian in your blood, so you're a mix!

Well, my eyes are medium and I DO have black hair... so that's about 1/2 of it...

but still. I always respond initially "White" but on standardized tests, I say Asian/Pacific Islander since affirmative action.... well, whatever.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:37 pm

...this has something to do with those damn tests/survey/etc., doesn't it? The ones that ask you for your ethnicity?

check "multi-racial", duh.

if it doesn't have that option, then check "other", or check both "White/Caucasian" and "Asian", even though if the test says to check only one. That will show those bastards that there are bi-racial/multi-racial/mixed/whatever people out there.

Jelai

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

You're Asian AND Caucasian. The End.

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:30 pm
Ur a twinkie or a banana haha

White and yellow xD

i would say ur white just bc that is ur most shown quality and u have 3/4 blood of white and 1/4 asian

just sayin i would consider u white xP

but u do have asian blood  

DarkAngelDaisuke

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Yukio-Vil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:54 pm
Jelai

...this has something to do with those damn tests/survey/etc., doesn't it? The ones that ask you for your ethnicity?

check "multi-racial", duh.

if it doesn't have that option, then check "other", or check both "White/Caucasian" and "Asian", even though if the test says to check only one. That will show those bastards that there are bi-racial/multi-racial/mixed/whatever people out there.
Well, not completely, because down where I live (in Georgia), Multi-Racial does NOT mean multi-racial. Multi-Racial (at least the way I was taught in the the ways of Political Correctness) means 1/2 White and 1/2 Black. It doesn't include other racial combinations.
But yes, now that I think of it, that's how this whole question got started a few years ago, yes.

And just to show you how biased the school is: I get better grades when I don't study and put Asian or Multi-Racial.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:32 am
I, and many other people commonly perceive it this way:

If you are white-washed or half-cast, and you do not know the language of the more "ethnic" side of your nationality, then you are white.
If you deny so, and continue to be unable to speak it, then you've got a bit of a problem.
It may not just be the language, it's the culture in general - do you eat what Asians eat, do you celebrate the celebrated things (etc.) ?

One of the fruits of being Asian is being more cultured and ethnic than the usual white or black person - I doubt anybody can deny this without having many people argue against them.

SDES

Reichenbach Fall

Hilarious Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:35 am
It depends what you want to be.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items