Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate teachers
  Yeah they SUCK!!
  No I love my teachers=3
View Results

Sautana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:53 am
Just a few days ago I said something that shouldnt have come out of my mouth so my teacher talked to me... I explained why I did it (i did it by accidesnt) and she didnt accept my reason then she tells me there is something wrong with me, and it was because I'm Goth... Now, Not only my classmates, my teacher(s) can't accept that I'm Goth evil  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:01 pm
Teachers do suck that is why I always had to tell them something. They can't say something is wrong with you because you are goth. I would tell my parents and get them on his or her case that way there is no chance of you getting exspelled or something, but if you are like me you will just speak your mind even if it gets you into trouble.  

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:09 am
My teachers like me because I'm actually smart. Like they appreciate me.

Also I'm not a "mean" goth. I like to laugh and I'm polite. So they like that too I guess.

It's like since they're not assholes to me (like most of the students) I like them more than I like my classmates.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:29 pm
SarahArden
My teachers like me because I'm actually smart. Like they appreciate me.

Also I'm not a "mean" goth. I like to laugh and I'm polite. So they like that too I guess.

It's like since they're not assholes to me (like most of the students) I like them more than I like my classmates.

pretty much, this explains the simple parts of this thread.  

Toasterladd

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:35 pm
Well, next time she uses it, simply ask her, "How does liking this style mean that I have problems?"
If she answers with a stereotype, just reply, "Why would that relate to all goths?"
Eventually, you can get to a point where it will be easy to explain, or your teacher will have nothing else to say.

It's pretty interesting how asking questions can give you an advantage in arguments.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:06 pm
Some teachers arn't all that bad.  

Madonna Wayne Gracy

Celestial Anachronism

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:47 pm
Some teachers can be amazing like my art teacher Mrs.Dembinski. When a bunch of kids were p/o-ed at me they said that I had picked up a cutting knife and threatened to kill them (which I hadn't). The school officials were going to take their side because there were multiple students coming forward, but D defended me and made it clear that I had said and done no such thing. If it wasn't for her I would have been kicked out of school for no reason.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:03 am
I was a Goth back in school, and only one of my teachers had a problem with it, since I spent the rest of the time within the dress code (four professional days, one casual day). The one that had a problem was the principal, and I think I made her nervous.

I'm currently receiving schooling to become a teacher, and I can say that we're just like anyone else, full of fallability and foible. While the person may have authority, they're no different from the people who tsk you on the streets at random.  

Divinity Rage

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:20 pm
Yeah, some teachers are weird, dude. I can't understand why some people become teachers when they genuinely hate kids.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:32 pm

I know some teachers can be like that and one just has to learn how to deal with it by thinking of questions that will make them think.

My teachers don't really mind about it, the only time they get on my case is if someone is not obeying the dress code which is rare. But if we do it's because of the no spikes.

NekoYasha09er

Ri_Ri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:13 pm
well, i'll wear my 'spooky' clothes at the begining at the year, but bet i'll wait ill the teacher sees what an awsome person i am (usually 2-3 weeks to be solid ) and then i start wearing my large parachute reflector pants and such and my teachers won't be creeped out because they know me and at the same time i'm destroying a stereotype. *^_^*
yaya me

although one gym teacher i had, who only saw me in my gym unifrom saw me in my regular clothes and for a few seconds was shocked, but then was like "umm....uuhhhhh..... you're an individual!! xp (O.o wtf) *high five* "

haha great moment  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 am
Well in British schools we have uniforms so that stops all these kinds of problems.  

xStephanx

Ri_Ri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:10 pm
xStephanx
Well in British schools we have uniforms so that stops all these kinds of problems.

then again, that perpetuates the idea that everyone had to appear the same in order to have the right not to be judged by their looks.
plus, most people in the US go to public schools, who don't have extra money in the bidget for uniforms...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:26 pm
I do have to admit that everyone wearing school uniforms does look neater, and I'm sure it helps towards students being proud of their school.
Also, if any students think they are badass enough to do anything illegal on the way home from school, a short description to the school is usually enough to get them reprimanded.

At my school, people are judged by their looks regardless of uniform or not.
Hair, make up etc all contribute towards that, and I'm sure it's the same anywhere you go with uniforms.

I find that some of the teachers at my school are much nicer than the students, but, some students are also much nicer than some teachers.

Everyone is different, and after all, teachers are people too.
They have all the same prejudices, opinions and emotions as everyone else.

Tainted Deity

xStephanx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:59 am
Ri_Ri
xStephanx

then again, that perpetuates the idea that everyone had to appear the same in order to have the right not to be judged by their looks.
plus, most people in the US go to public schools, who don't have extra money in the bidget for uniforms...

In the UK you have to buy your own school uniforms.

It might not be the ideal solution, but it is a solution. I can't ever remember hearing of kids in my old schools being picked on for being punk or emo, because in school hours they were in uniform.

The uniforms have other functions beyond encouraging conformity (which, in my opinion, isn't a bad thing in itself). They teach kids that in life they will be required to conform to dress codes, and that their artsy self-expression in nightclubs doesn't come in handy in the work place.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff