Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
what is the worst band that has ever reached ur goth ears? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which would be the worst part?
  being dragged to a concert of a sucky band
  eating a bowl of live worms
View Results

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:14 pm
lets be frank, there are good bands. Then there sucky bands you wish everyone would stop listening to. Now you can post whichever bands you wish would SHUT UP!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:13 pm
hinder(we have a metal station were i live and they played these people ah)
icp(i personally think they suck)
96&#xof; all rap bands and songs
99.8% of all country music
and that agrilavera are how ever you spell her name  

Free the immortal

Umberella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:16 pm
The Violent Femmes these days are kind of depressing and not as creepy as they used to be. I walked out of that show and I'll even stay for crappy bands that have no talent, just to see if they're gonna fall off the stage later.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:00 pm
Beatngufan
lets be frank, there are good bands. Then there sucky bands you wish everyone would stop listening to. Now you can post whichever bands you wish would SHUT UP!!!!!!!

Rap music/ hip hop... all types, and artist  

Devils_lilboy

Cockroach Waltz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Oh there's a couple of bands I depsise:

My Chemical Romance

Hinder

Evanessance

Radiohead

Kelly Clarkson

Linkin Park

and various forms of rap metal and their ilk.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:18 pm
I Am Ghost, Fallout Boy (post-hardcore in general, really)  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:36 pm
1) This belongs in the music forum (changes...)

2) Now- The topic stated possibly addresses two questions-

"What is the worst goth band you have heard, or worst in your opinion?"

Or

"What is the worst band that you, a goth, have heard, or worst in your opinion?"

To the former- I've been perpetually underwhelmed by Sexbeat.

To the latter- Insane Clown Posse is a strong candidate, though, Aiden and Brice de Nice deserve mention.

3) This, to my knowledge, is a repeat thread to be deleted or locked. However, for the time being, I will leave it open until otherwise instructed, or until an apparent answer comes to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:44 pm
stark espada1
96&#xof; all rap bands and songs

Cockroach Waltz
various forms of rap

Devils_lilboy

(Directed to the last of the order more than to the first two)-

There's a lot of good rap, and there's just as many good rap artists as there are good rock artists. I personally suggest the utterly brilliant political hip-hop of Immortal Technique, the genre-bending fun of K-OS, or the lyrical variety of Jurassic 5.

stark espada1
99.8% of all country music

While I'm not a fan of country myself, it's not nearly that bad. Avoid "Country Radio" or "Southern-rock Radio" entirely- check out some of the great, independent artists on MySpace or LastFM.

Cockroach Waltz
various forms of metal

Every genre has it's weaknesses, every genre it's strengths. Even genres to the far extremes, like death-metal have listen-worthy artists.

-Resurrected Writer-
post-hardcore in general, really

You need to listen to Fugazi. Now, I'll agree- post-hardcore is a majoritively bad genre (more so than virtually any other style I know), but early groups of the movement (such as the aforementioned Fugazi) are really quite brilliant.  

GilAskan
Crew

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:33 pm
Devils_lilboy
Beatngufan

While I also tend to dislike most of the genre, and haven't yet heard much I liked... it's kind of silly to say you hate every artist, when you've not heard even one-twentieth of them, most likely...

If we're talking goth... I dislike most Death Rock. razz I like some Christian Death, but not some of the harder stuff like most .45 Grave.

I also got very annoyed with Cruxshadows. Ugh...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:11 am
and I thought i was the only person who despises ICP, boy was I wrong woot!!!!!  

Beatngufan

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:01 pm
Not so much the band... but the person...

GERARD "I'M NOT GAY! I PROMISE!" WAY!

I wish he would just go and disappear forever... not die as that would have the Cobain effect and make him a martyr but have a series of songs that make his entire fan base desert him and he fades into obscurity never to be seen again... like Axl Rose only without reforming his band ever. May god do I hate him.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:20 am
musicians I dislike:

Green Day
Metallica
Paris Hilton
Insane clown posse
Hilary duff
Lindsey lohan
Creed
Eminem  

Beatngufan

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:06 pm
hmmm...that's not hard at all:

aiden....
avril lavigne (she's certainly not punk people!!!)
fall out boy
dashboard confessional
maroon 5
my chemical romance
eisley
yellowcard
taking back sunday
90% of all rap (I do have a soft spot for good spoken word though^^)
nickelback
hellogoodbye
the all american rejects
green day xd
the spice girls
linkin park
cute is what we aim for
the academy is......

there are soooooo many more stare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:02 pm
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
Devils_lilboy
Beatngufan

While I also tend to dislike most of the genre, and haven't yet heard much I liked... it's kind of silly to say you hate every artist, when you've not heard even one-twentieth of them, most likely...

If we're talking goth... I dislike most Death Rock. razz I like some Christian Death, but not some of the harder stuff like most .45 Grave.

I also got very annoyed with Cruxshadows. Ugh...

Yeah, the only .45 Grave song I've liked so far has been "Evil" ... But for some good deathrock, try groups like Specimen, Joy Disaster, or Frank the Baptist.

@GilAskan: Yeah, I might give Fugazi a shot... though I didn't think about them because I hear them being more often associated with emo than with post-hardcore.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas