Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
cutting... what you think about it Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko-Goth-Death

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:57 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:28 am
I have never been a cutter myself and never saw the point. Growing up I mostly knew the cutters that did it because they thought it was cool. I hate these people an one day I hope they slice the razor a bit too much one day. I know this sound really mean of me but any one that is willing to do this because they think it will get them on the "popular people" list is an a**.

I have only known one real cutter in my life an was shocked when I found out. I had known him for almost 3 years and was one of the most educated people I had known all my life. I learned that he suffered big time from depression and that he looked at himself as a monster. He always thought every one hated him and every one wished he was dead. This was never true, EVERY ONE that knew him loved him. He had tried to kill himself a few times but was never successfully, This a lot of people are thankful fore. He would cut and hurt himself because this was his was of saying sorry for existing.

We all immediately got him help and all took family therapy with him. Its times like this when you see what cutting really is, a slow way of one killing ones self with depression.  

darkXmoon

Darkside of the Moon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:08 am
hey i read a book about a girl who was in a place where she did cut herself sadly i could never finesh the book cus i lost it, any ways it's sad for thos who do cut them selves i know a couple people who do and i helped them change that around.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:29 am
Its really hard to help cutters because when there cutting its a sign that they are already in a very deep depression. So any help you or loved ones can give them is not in vain.  

darkXmoon

Darkside of the Moon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:08 am
yea i know but i can trun there lives around by taking them out and showing them why not to cut them selves i bring to the hospital and the cemtry and most of the ones i do that trun it around cus they don't want to die not yet anyways  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:46 am
Well, someone started the thread anyways, and perhaps the guild is mature enough now for this topic.

I used to have a friend who would cut herself each time she broke up with someone, even though she was usually the one causing them massive amounts of pain, she was also torturing herself in some ways for what happened.

I personally do not cut myself, but I still know others that do, and that is there choice whether I really agree with it or not.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

SadLittleFluffy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:09 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:11 am
SadLittleFluffy
You cannot help someone who doesn�t want it. You wind up disappointed, and it makes things worse. I know quite a few cutters, and I know about this problem intimately. Ultimately, people will do as they wish and there isn�t anything you can do about it.
Granted, there are people that cut for attention, and that I think is ridiculous and stupid.

A very good point. Not everyone who cuts WANTS to be helped. Some people do it as an afirmation of life, others to cut the emotional pain they feel inside.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Dead_Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:02 am
lurichan
SadLittleFluffy
You cannot help someone who doesn�t want it. You wind up disappointed, and it makes things worse. I know quite a few cutters, and I know about this problem intimately. Ultimately, people will do as they wish and there isn�t anything you can do about it.
Granted, there are people that cut for attention, and that I think is ridiculous and stupid.

A very good point. Not everyone who cuts WANTS to be helped. Some people do it as an afirmation of life, others to cut the emotional pain they feel inside.

I do not know one person that cuts because there sad. Every one in my scool will do it for kicks and its cool. I think its cool. You can like be more then the pain.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:24 pm
Dead_Boy

I do not know one person that cuts because there sad. Every one in my scool will do it for kicks and its cool. I think its cool. You can like be more then the pain.

-_- thats just lovley.  

SadLittleFluffy

Rayna-chan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:29 pm
Cutting ... Its not realy my cup of tea... Ive known a few ppl who did cut themselves (my sister being one of them). I didnt think much of it. One of those things i just kinda put in the back of my mind and didnt think about.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:39 pm
lurichan

and a few like me cut to know they are not dreaming.  

themagikat

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:00 pm
I believe weeping crimson to be an affirmation of life.....it helps to feel somethingwhen the entirety of your being is numb and nigh lifeless. Many uninformed(especially hack psychiatrists) would say self-mutilation is unhealthy and a sign of a mentally disturbed individual. Of course those same people would say the same about visiting cemetaries or living a gothic lifestyle...so what do they know anyway?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:49 pm
Cutting is never a good thing, ever. those of you who assume people do it for attention, why is it so hard to find out when people actually do it? It''s one of the reasons That i hardly ever bring up my own fight with depression and apathy that led me to self-injury just to keep myself "anchored" to this life. And the relation between cutting and Suicide is sorely misplaced. I personally did it to avoid that path. It was cut a little now and then, or commit suicide once. Which one would you have preferred? I dislike this thread, but you all have your own thoughts to interject. And i have no real reason to close it, but for the most part i will be ignoreing this. but if any of you have any questions or comments that isn''t "why?" feel free to pm me on that subject.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

Muted Faith9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:24 pm
I used to cut rather heavily, but I haven't all summer break, so i've decided to try to make sure I dont start again.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff