Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
My God, I just have to laugh (about a fanfic review)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Komurin Your Face

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:34 am
Okay, so I write smutty fanfiction on FF.net under the name MagicalBoyPrettyNobuyuki (I love my screen name there). It's mostly Kyo Kara Maoh slash. My most recent fic was called "The Bet", and the basic idea was that Gwendal and Gunter got into a position argument and made a bet-whoever can sleep with Yuuri and prove that they did is seme for a year. Gunter ends up winning the bet, so I have a Gunter/Yuuri "sex scene", that is the most undescriptive smut I've ever written (I hate the pairing. It was a plot device that had to be there. The GxG secks in chapter 2 was how I REALLY write smut)

So it'd been up for a little while. One day I checked my email, and saw that it had gotten a review. So I click the link to read the review, and find this:

THIS STORY IS NASTY GET A !LIFE EW

AND by the way yuri is so sexy even if he is a boy baka!
and yuri is to innocent to be thinking of havin sex with gunter!

I'm shocked at first...then I burst out laughing. I go to this girl, whose username is "sailoranimegirl"s profile, and...she' 13. 13 and reading clearly labeled smut, that I labeled the pairings in perfectly well. And she thinks Yuuri is a superhero. Wow. Her favorited fics are all Yuuri/Wolfram and rated K or K+. Surely she could see that the pairings were Gunter/Yuuri and Gunter/Gwendal, and that it was rated M...so why did she even read it?

Fortunately, I'm sure this isn't the common opinion of the fic, since it has 624 hits and a favorite. I really love laughing at that review. I sent her a response asking her why she was reading smut that she can't handle at age 13 x3.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:29 am
Why can't people read the friggin' ratings, man? We warn them again and again, but they're like damn masochists who just have to read stuff they hate as an excuse to flame! scream Her username makes me laugh. xd  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

Komurin Your Face

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:16 pm
SilverMaple
Why can't people read the friggin' ratings, man? We warn them again and again, but they're like damn masochists who just have to read stuff they hate as an excuse to flame! scream Her username makes me laugh. xd

I know, it's ridiculous! The funniest part is her announcing being age 13 in her profile, then clearly reading fics rated M, THEN FLAMING THEM. And her atrocious spelling and grammar is what makes me laugh. I especially like "AND by the way yuri is so sexy even if he is a boy baka!", since she just called Yuuri a boy idiot.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:58 pm
Sounds like she's the one who needs to get a life rolleyes  

[Romiette]

Kaiju Koi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:04 pm
No, don't get a life! D:
Write MORE!

xD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:13 pm
I'm on fanfiction.net too, and it annoys me so much when people flame yaoi or smut just cause it's yaoi or smut. Don't like, don't read.  

soviet soiree

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:14 pm
xD Gyahaha! That's an interestingly unintelligent way of stringing together words... without full stops... Some people are just too funny.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:33 am
lol thats great. i wrote an inuyasahXmiroku fic once and i got a lot of "eww thats so nasty" reviews which made me go to my summary, thinking i must of forgotten to label it but nope, it was perfectly labeled. and i know people liked it becauses its been favorited and its in a c2. yay for funny reviews! ^.^  

xKappuxKeekix

Komurin Your Face

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:42 am
I STILL stop to laugh at that review...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:02 am
People like these are the ones that need to get a life.

Sometimes I think that half of my readers are blind...the pairing is clearly labeled and yet they read it anyway. And then flame. I think it defies logic.

Laughing is a good reaction. Laugh at the sheer stupidity of the flamer. xd Then ask them "Why the hell did you read it then?!" Flames are just a waste of space.

I read your fic long before I saw this thread. I must admit that it's very unique, what with GunYuu and all. xd Most people don't even have the guts to pair them up. Kudos!  

cashew_nut_person

Komurin Your Face

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:10 am
cashew_nut_person
People like these are the ones that need to get a life.

Sometimes I think that half of my readers are blind...the pairing is clearly labeled and yet they read it anyway. And then flame. I think it defies logic.

Laughing is a good reaction. Laugh at the sheer stupidity of the flamer. xd Then ask them "Why the hell did you read it then?!" Flames are just a waste of space.

I read your fic long before I saw this thread. I must admit that it's very unique, what with GunYuu and all. xd Most people don't even have the guts to pair them up. Kudos!

Haha, thanks! Really, I hate GunYuu, or anything that gets in the way of GwenGun, so that hurt to write. The point, whih I'm sure you got, was an explanation as to why Gunter hangs around Yuuri so much. But yeah, I love when people like my fics~ Have you read any of my others? =3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:32 pm
God:"Brb guys. I'll be back in like 2000 yrs..."
xd Ah, yes reviews. They're normally fine. Then there are the REALLY ignorant ones that make you want to shoot someone!

But sometimes you get the blissfully STUPID ones xd
God:"I'm ba-HOLY s**t!"

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Rykorin

4,200 Points
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:15 pm
Haha, that really is a ridiculous review. I can't say I've ever gotten any really funny flames for writing slash myself, but I've not posted that much. sweatdrop
I'll have to go check out your fic, I've never read that pairing!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:55 pm
Man, I hate those kinds of people. They can't help flaming people who put time and effort into their fics, just because they don't like the pairing or characters. They're stupid. I'm gonna read your fic now...and I'm sure it'll be awesome.  

Lunar Pillow I Choose You

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff