Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you read Charlaine Harris?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Night-tears-cry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:44 pm

I am not sure how many of you read Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series, but I find it amusing. It a world where vampire's are in the open and there is a synthetic blood drink available for them. The main character is a southern girl with Psychic ability. She finds vamipres refreshing because she can't read thier minds. Now HBO is making a TV show out of it. Woohoo! It will be called True Blood. Anna Paquin will be playing Sookie.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:46 pm

Gahhhh. Bad enough that SciFi made the Dresden Files into a TV show. I knew about the Sookie Stackhouse one, but it doesn't mean I like it. The books are pretty good. Not really my favorite, but still good. I haven't read the most recent one, and probably won't until it comes out in paperback.

NightIntent
Captain

Greencoatie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:59 pm

Yay! I really can't wait for this one to come out. I love Sookie. I've read each book a half dozen times each and have been following the series since Living Dead in Dallas came out.
True Blood can't be all bad with Alan Ball behind it all. I'd like to see where he takes it and if the show survives. At least I hope it makes it until Eric and Pam come into the series. whee
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:54 pm

Sorry to hear you dont like it Night Intent. Sookie isn't my favorite series but I find her amusing. Must be the southern gal in me.

I love Pam. Her and Sam are my favorite characters in this series. Hopefully it will last that long. I also like that HBO is doing it. They can get away with more although I don't think the series is that graphic.

Night-tears-cry

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:42 pm

...I never said I didn't like it. I like the series well enough. I just don't like the idea of it being turned into a TV show.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:45 am

I so can't wait to see this show come on the Sookie books are great.

bookfanatic1991

lovebooks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:51 am

i'm not sure about how I feel about it being turned into a tv show.
but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. I don't have HBO.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:12 pm

I think they'll do a pretty good job with the tv show. Alan Ball seems to really love the books just as much as any other fan. They'll sure have more time to get more details of the books in, unlike movies. I just hope the actors are better than the ones on Blood Ties.

Greencoatie

Night-tears-cry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:35 pm

NightIntent
...I never said I didn't like it. I like the series well enough. I just don't like the idea of it being turned into a TV show.

Oh misunderstood, sorry.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:42 pm

I think the series will probably do fine as long as they have good actors. I wonder are they going by the books or are they making up their own plotlines for the show?

MerrySoul

Sweetest Ghost

Greencoatie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:49 pm

maryyoyo
I think the series will probably do fine as long as they have good actors. I wonder are they going by the books or are they making up their own plotlines for the show?

"The books are funny, scary, sexy, romantic, bizarre and really fun," Ball said. "I couldn't put them down. I will try to remain as true to the spirit of her book as possible."
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:10 am

I know Charlaine seems to be happy so far and the set design is close to how I envisioned it...So it seems like they will be going along with the story.

Night-tears-cry

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff